SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-03-10, 11:31 AM   #166
pascal4541
Officer

Downloads: 434
Uploads: 0

U-Boat SFX Propulsion:it's perfect. Diesels just barely audible inside
Bravo venator
pascal4541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-10, 12:11 PM   #167
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Hello Venatore , thank you for your sound Mods , report about some of them:
1) : The blow ballast mod is OK, apparently when I order surface the starting blow sound is similar as the Stock SH5 blow ballast sound but is seamlessly followed by a pressurised air moving ( all this in about 10 or 15 seconds )
2) : When submerged, inside the sub the electric motors sound is OK, my comment is, the noise of the electric motor inside the diesel room is exact the same intensity as inside the electric motor room , therefore I think the electric motors must have the biggest noise inside the electric motor room
3) : This comment is a bit strange , and I am not 100% sure about this, I try already two single missions and when I surfaced the U-Boot, the diesel motor sound is OK when I am inside the sub, but when I jump out on the external bridge, I think I can hear the electric motor sound almost hidden behind the noise of the diesel engine, therefore apparently both diesel engine and electric motor are running simultaneously, I am not 100% sure about this because the electric motor is barely audible and is 95% covered up with the diesel engine sound

Last edited by tonschk; 10-03-10 at 12:53 PM.
tonschk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-10, 04:42 PM   #168
Venatore
Admiral

Downloads: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
Hello Venatore , thank you for your sound Mods , report about some of them:
1) : The blow ballast mod is OK, apparently when I order surface the starting blow sound is similar as the Stock SH5 blow ballast sound but is seamlessly followed by a pressurised air moving ( all this in about 10 or 15 seconds )
2) : When submerged, inside the sub the electric motors sound is OK, my comment is, the noise of the electric motor inside the diesel room is exact the same intensity as inside the electric motor room , therefore I think the electric motors must have the biggest noise inside the electric motor room
3) : This comment is a bit strange , and I am not 100% sure about this, I try already two single missions and when I surfaced the U-Boot, the diesel motor sound is OK when I am inside the sub, but when I jump out on the external bridge, I think I can hear the electric motor sound almost hidden behind the noise of the diesel engine, therefore apparently both diesel engine and electric motor are running simultaneously, I am not 100% sure about this because the electric motor is barely audible and is 95% covered up with the diesel engine sound
tonschk,

What your hearing is the whooshing of the screws exactly like in Das boot. When your on the conning tower you will still have the whooshing screw effect (it's ever so faint) but it is there. I did this on purpose so as it becomes a continuous effect through the U-Boat.

So to answer Q3; you are correct, however; I think is adds more SFX to the overall package.

You'll note in the movie Das Boot when U96 is compromised on the surface on two different occasions as she is just disappearing beneath the waves the footage switches to the external view of U96 descending and immediately the whooshing of the screw can be heard, this was well & truly within the time zone of the diesels still running.

It was a compromise for community members wanting the whooshing Das Boot SFX & trying to enhance an already existing SFX.

The Ballast tank mod has two very distinct sounds the original sound upon a dramatic shift in movement within the ballast & then a seamless transfer of the alternate sound which is the transfer / steady movement of the the ballast in action.

Thank you for your feedback, I've copied and pasted your comments into my mod bible documentation

Regards Ven
Venatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-10, 08:57 PM   #169
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venatore View Post
Fearless,

Never heard of this before, I'll keep an eye out to see if anyone else is getting the same repeated knocking sound. I just hope you haven't forgotten someone on the conning tower whilst diving

But; On a serious note, I haven't heard of this repeated knocking and you are the first to report it.......I'll commence operations to observe other comments in relation to this nominally

Regards Venatore
Sorry, It is the Uboat Propulsion SFX not the Unterseeboote FSX that causes the loop knocking sound.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-10, 10:15 AM   #170
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloads: 119

Venature , about the unterseeboot sfx. I think it has to much das boot chatter in the mod. I like the other ambient stuff. But it just feels weird to hear the mod say tiefer li nach 140 meter geheb when i,m still at periscope depth. Its like someon is watching das boot in my u-boat. Could you make a version with the main charakters of the movie intruding on my day to day operations?

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-10, 12:48 AM   #171
Venatore
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar19681 View Post
Venature , about the unterseeboot sfx. I think it has to much das boot chatter in the mod. I like the other ambient stuff. But it just feels weird to hear the mod say tiefer li nach 140 meter geheb when i,m still at periscope depth. Its like someon is watching das boot in my u-boat. Could you make a version with the main charakters of the movie intruding on my day to day operations?
Gee Oscar19681; your riding me like a two dollar whore this mod is a killer to re-make and amend, however; I'll make a version with no conversations all you will hear is the U-boat movement.

By the way.......the name is V.E.N.A.T.O.R.E

Last edited by Venatore; 10-07-10 at 03:13 AM.
Old 10-07-10, 05:41 AM   #172
DavyJonesFootlocker
The Old Man

Downloads: 138

Only 2 dollars?

I like the mod just as it is.
A proud member of the Wikipedia Haters Club
DavyJonesFootlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-10, 08:58 AM   #173
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloads: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venatore View Post
Gee Oscar19681; your riding me like a two dollar whore this mod is a killer to re-make and amend, however; I'll make a version with no conversations all you will hear is the U-boat movement.

By the way.......the name is V.E.N.A.T.O.R.E
dont get me wrong i like to mod. Maybe you could just delete the captains conversations the rest seems to be good . Its just unrealistic to have the captain from das boot constatly comment on everything you do! Its like there is mutiny on the boat , Either that ot there are 2 captains aboard my boat!

Also i think the boats cracking sounds are a bit to much really , It would be cool if you where really deep but not all the time.

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-10, 12:37 PM   #174
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

I use all your SFX mods for SH5. Great job.
Old 10-07-10, 11:16 PM   #175
Venatore
Admiral

I can't understand German...so I don't know what the hell they are saying however; I do understand your point that if you do understand German that it would be very hectic in that U-boat of yours

I'm in the process of making another internal SFX this will have creaks, groans water movement distant hatches opening & closing, coughing, sneezing, shuffling, bangs, twangs & anything else that makes a noise...but; no talking
Old 10-07-10, 11:17 PM   #176
Venatore
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
I use all your SFX mods for SH5. Great job.
I thank you for your support Trevally
Old 10-07-10, 11:19 PM   #177
Venatore
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyJonesFootlocker View Post
Only 2 dollars?

I like the mod just as it is.
Yep $2.ooc
Old 10-07-10, 11:30 PM   #178
Venatore
Admiral

FIVE STAR THREAD RATING

Thank you.......to whom ever voted for the Mod Bunker to have a five star rating.

Kind Regards

Venatore
Old 10-08-10, 02:13 AM   #179
Venatore
Admiral

Ferocious Fire SFX

Ferocious Fire SFX

• This mod replaces the original fire sound effect files with modded versions.
  • The three audio files which have been modded are as follows;
  • Fire_catastrophic.wav
  • Fire_medium.wav
  • Ship Fire 1.wav
  • By utilising this mod the sound of the fires on ships will have a more ferocious crisp crackling sound effect. I have also increased the sound volume.
  • All audio files contained within this mod were created by Venatore.
  • This mod is JSGME compatible.
  • This mod is zipped with WinRAR.
<Download Links>
Thank you for downloading this mod

Kind Regards

Venatore.

Last edited by Venatore; 10-08-10 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-08-10, 02:41 AM   #180
sentenc3
Helmsman

Downloads: 472

Venator thank you very much ... because of your sound files ... the game becomes more real in the sound effect
sentenc3 is offline   Reply With Quote