SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-17-17, 08:00 AM   #1
CptGlub
Mate

Downloads: 76
Uploads: 0
Default Camera Views for Radar Scopes?

A drill sergeant once told me I was dumber than a box of rocks. Decades later, I'm starting to believe he was right.

Because of what may be a mis-naming of the scopes I'm going to call them the red and green scopes for kindergarten clarity.

I'm using TMO (I think it is 2.5 but I'm not sure)

Here's my problem:
From the map screen, F9 takes me to the green scope. (A useless hotkey since the greenscope does nothing until the red scope is focused. Yet...I digress.)

Hitting the F9 key again takes me to the red scope. I tighten the range and focus on my blip. I have a rough bearing, now I want to find my range with the green scope.

The problem is that when I hit F9 again to cycle back around to the green scope, I first go to the map screen and then to the green scope. While I was away from the redscope, my radar man took his finger out of his...nose long enough to move the focus off my blip.

I wish the crew would either be useful or stop touching the controls.

I know that I can rotate my view away from the redscope and take a horribly skewed peek at the greenscope. Not impossible but a bit difficult to read and that guy always looks at me like I'm trying to cheat by looking at his paper.

I've searced my commands.cfg for a ppi scope command to bind to a key--no luck.

How in the hell do I get the redscope to stay focused while I get to the green scope for my range?

Seems to me I did this in my foggy past with no problems at all.
CptGlub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-17, 04:15 PM   #2
razark
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 12

You can use the buttons on the command bar to switch between the screens. This keeps the radar from turning when you switch views.

Also, while you're on the "green" A-Scope screen, you can use the Home and End keys to rotate the radar manually. (It also works on the "red" PPI scope and the hydrophone station.)
Old 04-17-17, 08:35 PM   #3
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

I use this;

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...?do=file&id=89

along with this;

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...p?do=file&id=9

Once you get used to using the range rings along with the range settings you'll probably never look at the A scope again.

Range knob is set for 20,000 yards, so that's the outer edge of the PPI scope. At that setting the rings are 5,000, 10,000, and 15,000 yards. The dot bearing 075 is between the 10,000 and 15,000 yard rings, not quite halfway so about 11,500 to 12,000 yards. That's actually a lot more accurate than you'll get with the spike on the A scope.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-17, 08:35 PM   #4
CptGlub
Mate

Downloads: 76
Uploads: 0
Icon14 Yep, Thats got it!

Thank you, Razark, Works like a dream, Sir!

Many thanks!

I am also looking into this ringed scope add on. Thanks for the links, Sniper!
CptGlub is offline   Reply With Quote