SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-24-08, 04:07 PM   #256
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234
Uploads: 0

OLC,

You are a hard working man! Thanks!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 04:56 PM   #257
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
So youre saying that during the night they will be more blind, and during the day they will see even better then they do now?
No, I'm certainly not saying that. Where did I say that?
I'm supposing that KEEN means CLEAVER, SMART, ALERT...

So let me see if I get this straight... They will be LESS blind during the night, but MORE blind during the day?
Old 04-24-08, 05:19 PM   #258
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So youre saying that during the night they will be more blind, and during the day they will see even better then they do now?

So let me see if I get this straight... They will be LESS blind during the night, but MORE blind during the day?
Stop it.
Old 04-24-08, 05:46 PM   #259
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Default RWF

I just finished a patrol in which the weather was as rubbish as it ever was before RWF came along. The GWX guys claimed that RWF was included in GWX 2.1 and I believed them - I mean, why wouldn't I? But after that patrol I decided to check and make sure.

It turns out that the RWF changes actually have not been applied to the GWX 2.1 campaign files. This is strange, since RWF is included in the 2.1 list of changes and Stiebler is even in the GWX 2.1 credits. I guess it was an accidental omission. Anyway...

Yet another release of the Ubermod will be forthcoming. It'll be the same as 1.5, except that RWF-fixed GWX 2.1 campaign files will be included (like with OLCE1). In the meantime, those of you who know RWF and how to apply it, I suggest you do so. It's already been applied to the OLCE2 scene.dat (in all released versions of the Ubermod) so you just need to apply it to the GWX 2.1 campaign files and you're sorted.
Old 04-24-08, 06:36 PM   #260
Schwuppes
中国水兵

Downloads: 22

Quote:
I just finished a patrol in which the weather was as rubbish as it ever was before RWF came along. The GWX guys claimed that RWF was included in GWX 2.1 and I believed them - I mean, why wouldn't I? But after that patrol I decided to check and make sure.

It turns out that the RWF changes actually have not been applied to the GWX 2.1 campaign files. This is strange, since RWF is included in the 2.1 list of changes and Stiebler is even in the GWX 2.1 credits. I guess it was an accidental omission. Anyway...

Yet another release of the Ubermod will be forthcoming. It'll be the same as 1.5, except that RWF-fixed GWX 2.1 campaign files will be included (like with OLCE1). In the meantime, those of you who know RWF and how to apply it, I suggest you do so. It's already been applied to the OLCE2 scene.dat (in all released versions of the Ubermod) so you just need to apply it to the GWX 2.1 campaign files and you're sorted.
What is RWF and how can we apply it? Is it important?
E8400 @ 4.00Ghz standard vCore, Gigabyte P35C DS3R @ 445 Mhz, Leadtek GTX 280, 3 x 1GB Kingston DDR2 800 @ 890Mhz, 250GB +160GB HDD, Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96, Silverstone ST60F 600W, Logitech Z-5500 THX

Schwuppes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 06:49 PM   #261
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwuppes
Quote:

What is RWF and how can we apply it? Is it important?
RealWeatherFix. Do a search. It makes the weather much more realistic. Better than any other weather mod by miles, IMO.
Old 04-24-08, 07:41 PM   #262
Samwolf
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 37

OLC, do you have a vesion of WF that will work on the GWX 2.1 files. I get a "buffer size exceeded" error when I use REALWEATHEFIX2.

GWX 3, JSGME 2.3, Sh3 Commander 3.2 SH3 Gen 8.1, Water Stream for U-boats, LRT LITE 2.0, Lifeboats for SH3

Samwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 07:43 PM   #263
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwolf
OLC, do you have a vesion of WF that will work on the GWX 2.1 files. I get a "buffer size exceeded" error when I use REALWEATHEFIX2.
I'm using REALWEATHEFIX2 also. It works fine for me on the GWX 2.1 campaign files. :hmm:

RWF is not my mod; I've no idea what the problem might be, sorry.
Old 04-24-08, 07:59 PM   #264
treblesum81
Frogman

Downloads: 71

OLC I just had a couple of thoughts that I wanted to run by you.

1) Have you thought about possibly putting a recognition manual into the binocs view? I'm not so sure that this is possible, or worth the effort, but I've found that because there is no way to identify ships from that view, I almost never use it, which seems to remove it as a tool, instead opting for either the UZO or the Obs scope (both for submerged and for heavy seas to get above the great wave action you've made possible).

2) Is it at all possible to further randomize wave generation. By this I mean get rid of the lines of identical waves stretched as far as the eye can see at 45 degree angles off of the bow and stern. It may be an engine shortcoming in the way waves are generated, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Just some thoughts for you to consider... not that this mod isn't spectacular already!

Thanks,
Greg
treblesum81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 08:01 PM   #265
Samwolf
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwolf
I'm using REALWEATHEFIX2 also. It works fine for me on the GWX 2.1 campaign files. :hmm:

RWF is not my mod; I've no idea what the problem might be, sorry.
Thanks, I got around the problem by using the GWX2.0 scene.dat file. It seems the one from 2.1 is so big it uses up all the buffer space.

The GWX 2.1 scen.dat is 4195 kb vs your and GWX2.0 scene.dat of 1167. Realweatherfix craps out after updating the scen.dat and doesn't change the campaign files. Maybe that's why they weren't applied to GWX 2.1 campaign files.

GWX 3, JSGME 2.3, Sh3 Commander 3.2 SH3 Gen 8.1, Water Stream for U-boats, LRT LITE 2.0, Lifeboats for SH3

Samwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 08:04 PM   #266
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by treblesum81
OLC I just had a couple of thoughts that I wanted to run by you.

1) Have you thought about possibly putting a recognition manual into the binocs view? I'm not so sure that this is possible, or worth the effort, but I've found that because there is no way to identify ships from that view, I almost never use it, which seems to remove it as a tool, instead opting for either the UZO or the Obs scope (both for submerged and for heavy seas to get above the great wave action you've made possible).

It's not possible (AFAIK).

2) Is it at all possible to further randomize wave generation. By this I mean get rid of the lines of identical waves stretched as far as the eye can see at 45 degree angles off of the bow and stern. It may be an engine shortcoming in the way waves are generated, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Again, not possible. At least, not the way you asked. There are other ways to reduce the appearance of 'tiled' waves (see the "Thomsen's Waves" thread) and there are reasons why I've not done them (search this thread for "waves"). In OLCE2 I've struck a compromise between tiling and horizon detail which I'm happy with (given the alternative options).

Just some thoughts for you to consider... not that this mod isn't spectacular already!

Thanks,
Greg
Thanks Greg. Answers above in blue.
Old 04-24-08, 08:36 PM   #267
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Stop it.
WTF???

I'm not joking... I swear I didn't get it... Not sarcasm, I swear!

I got that during the night their visibility has increased, but during the day....... ?
Old 04-24-08, 08:36 PM   #268
ViperU48
Torpedoman

Downloads: 58

I'm afraid the new OLCE2 1.5 does not fix the black triangles for me, they are still very prevalent.

Would it be possible to get an 8km version of OLCE2? As these black triangles do not occur in an 8km environment.
Old 04-24-08, 08:43 PM   #269
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperU48
I'm afraid the new OLCE2 1.5 does not fix the black triangles for me, they are still very prevalent.

Would it be possible to get an 8km version of OLCE2? As these black triangles do not occur in an 8km environment.
To Viper:
Does the GWX 2.1 16km Atmosphere mod give you black triangles?
No, I won't be making an 8km version.

To everyone else who has had black triangles before:
Does 1.5 fix black triangles for you?
Old 04-24-08, 09:47 PM   #270
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Been playing with the OLCE2 and love it. Great work!

With your analysis above re GWX2.1 and RWF, I wonder now if the improved weather I noticed with GWX 2.1 (that I applauded in another thread) is actually moreso a result of your addition. :hmm:

Either way, great stuff.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote