SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5 > Silent Hunter Online
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-07-13, 04:22 AM   #1
Vince82
Engineer

Downloads: 34
Uploads: 0

SHO

-I think we can only welcome it. I'm not saying it will be a better sim than the silent hunter series we got already, but it will be a better game and it will evolve. 2d will become 3d in time.

-I think there is a way bigger market for it than the games we got at the moment. Which is great because than submarine games will be more popular.

-Support for SHO will be very good I expect.
Vince82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-13, 10:02 AM   #2
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince82 View Post
SHO

-I think we can only welcome it. I'm not saying it will be a better sim than the silent hunter series we got already, but it will be a better game and it will evolve. 2d will become 3d in time.

-I think there is a way bigger market for it than the games we got at the moment. Which is great because than submarine games will be more popular.

-Support for SHO will be very good I expect.
Has there been an increase of sales and interest in Steel Beasts in the wake of World of Tanks? Moreover, unlike WoT, SHO is a brower game. I wouldn't count on it becoming SH3/4/5 online. All of this, combined with the now poor reputation of the series, doesn't add up to a financial success to in my view.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-13, 12:39 PM   #3
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
Has there been an increase of sales and interest in Steel Beasts in the wake of World of Tanks? Moreover, unlike WoT, SHO is a brower game. I wouldn't count on it becoming SH3/4/5 online. All of this, combined with the now poor reputation of the series, doesn't add up to a financial success to in my view.
Want to see just how ashamed Ubi is of Silent Hunter 5? Go to ubi's website and try to find Silent Hunter V in their little scrollable windows for games. You can't find it! Silent Hunter III and IV is there though. You have to dig really deep to find any mention of Silent Hunter V.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote