SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-05-11, 03:16 PM   #451
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church SUBSIM View Post
The radius is a little large. It could stand a reduction in size. Perhaps about the width of the boat, not 6 times it's size.

In regards to the brightness, it's pretty close imo. A little tweaking down might be in order. Given that image is from the day, it looks pretty bright, but at night, it should be the brightest thing around, rivaling the sun (it is a nautical flare after all). Wondering it it's tweaked for daylight effects, will that dampen the night as well?
can't differentiate between day or night. Have to play around with it......
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 03:36 PM   #452
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church SUBSIM View Post
The radius is a little large. It could stand a reduction in size. Perhaps about the width of the boat, not 6 times it's size.
This would likely help alot to reduce the brightness of it.

Starburst... now that's a different story.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 03:46 PM   #453
marleymen
Planesman

Downloads: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
In my opinion it is, I honestly thought something was wrong with the graphics the very first time I saw it but then noticed a flare had been fired. I don't know how you'd adjust it but it looked more closer to an oil slick rather than a reflection.
Happened to me too. I agree it should be less bright
marleymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 11:39 PM   #454
mobucks
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 209

the secondary explosions that cause damage to other ships are too large radius. It is killing my boat! This feature should be toned down a lot. At 400m my ships engines are almost destroyed, and at 2.5km the sub engines take 2-4% damage. Hull satys 100% at 400m or 2.5km, only subsystems and crew take damage. My crew is very upset.
mobucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-11, 02:56 AM   #455
Vympel
Watch

Downloads: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobucks View Post
the secondary explosions that cause damage to other ships are too large radius. It is killing my boat! This feature should be toned down a lot. At 400m my ships engines are almost destroyed, and at 2.5km the sub engines take 2-4% damage. Hull satys 100% at 400m or 2.5km, only subsystems and crew take damage. My crew is very upset.
Damn, that's what damaged my boat I thought i hit an underwater mine or something.
Vympel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-11, 03:05 AM   #456
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

I have to report same thing as mobucks. I hit a merchant and managed to make her stop, so I was at scope depth and waiting to see her sunk when I heard some loud explosions and my sub get a total damage burst. Every single equipment on sub got damaged. I was about 1200m far from the ship and nobody else around, so this was something hard to explain until now when I saw mobucks report.

The red flare is also reducing the fps pretty much. When the ship fires the flare, for few seconds my pc freeze.
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-11, 06:06 AM   #457
Kapten Nemo
Watch

Downloads: 209

Wow, same happen to me, when crew said torpedo hit target, suddenly my hull decrease to 8% only, near death, i thing some sub torpedoed me, looking for around and no other sub. Now i know what make my u-boat hull drop to 8%..hehehe...
Kapten Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-11, 07:38 AM   #458
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

very interesting phenomenom going on here
Old 03-06-11, 07:47 AM   #459
Vympel
Watch

Downloads: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
very interesting phenomenom going on here
Sure is, hope you enjoy solving this problem , but don't work too hard
Vympel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-11, 08:12 AM   #460
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

I don't see anything that would cause damage to the player's sub. The radius of damage is max 6 meters. I doubt anyone is that close to the vessel.

When do you see damage taken to the sub? I need to know specific event that causes the damage to appear to your sub

EDIT:

parked my sub 400m from a Liberty cargo and torpedoed it. No damage taken.

reloaded single mission. Started 4 fires on a liberty cargo then went to periscope depth and parked ~400m from it. Saw secondary explosions happen and no damage taken. Sat there for over 3 hours and no damage taken

I'm having a hard time reproducing the problem......

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 03-06-11 at 08:30 AM.
Old 03-06-11, 08:32 AM   #461
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
I have to report same thing as mobucks. I hit a merchant and managed to make her stop, so I was at scope depth and waiting to see her sunk when I heard some loud explosions and my sub get a total damage burst. Every single equipment on sub got damaged. I was about 1200m far from the ship and nobody else around, so this was something hard to explain until now when I saw mobucks report.

The red flare is also reducing the fps pretty much. When the ship fires the flare, for few seconds my pc freeze.
Are you sure you didn't get bombed by an airplane
Old 03-06-11, 08:33 AM   #462
Zedi
Sea Lord

At fist place I thought that is a plane, but there was heavy fog around with the visibility under 800m. So for a plane would be impossible to spot my scope in this condition. And there is no log about damage taken, I mean the source of the damage :/

And is not only the sub taking damage, but also the crew. When this happened to me, it was like a nuke blast. Everything on board got damaged, including the crew. But overall, the damage was in low intensity, dropped the sub integrity and crew health with 2-3%. Maybe because I was pretty far from the burning ship. But the explosion was loud and near, like when u get hit by enemy shell.
Old 03-06-11, 08:35 AM   #463
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Is not only the sub taking damage, but also the crew. When this happened to me, it was like a nuke blast. Everything on board got damaged, including the crew. But overall, the damage was in low intensity, dropped the sub integrity and crew health with 2-3%. Maybe because I was pretty far from the burning ship. But the explosion was loud and near, like when u get hit by enemy shell.
That sounds like an airplane bombed you while submerged. They can and will try to bomb you if they have bombs and you are submerged with IRAI. Have you been able to duplicate this experience?

What year in the game did this happen to you? Maybe the plane had radar? I'm not really sure just trying to figure out what happened as I can't duplicate this problem you all are having.
Old 03-06-11, 09:06 AM   #464
Zedi
Sea Lord

Hmm.. ye, is November 43 and planes have radar. But if so, why he attacked me only once? Anyway I will keep an eye on this issue, a log would help very much because my crew is retarded.. they know nothing, I need to figure out everything that happens on my ship.
Old 03-06-11, 09:08 AM   #465
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Hmm.. ye, is November 43 and planes have radar. But if so, why he attacked me only once? Anyway I will keep an eye on this issue, a log would help very much because my crew is retarded.. they know nothing, I need to figure out everything that happens on my ship.
With IRAI when a plane is out of bombs, torpedoes, or air depth charges it goes back to following waypoints (to avoid the dredded looping over your position indefinitely). It's very possible a plane had one bomb (or one air depth charge) and found you, did a bombing run on you while submerged, and after releasing his one and only bomb went back to following waypoints.