SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-11-09, 11:59 AM   #1366
Barkhorn1x
Captain

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 0

Am I somehow missing the button in TMO for having the sonar operator track a target and call out continuous angle updates? Can't seem to locate it.

Can anyone help?
Barkhorn1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-09, 12:36 PM   #1367
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

HUD should look like this

If it doesn't your install may be FUBARed

Last edited by sergei; 09-11-09 at 01:33 PM.
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-09, 11:56 PM   #1368
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
PS: Kptlt. Hellmut Neuerburg, depth charges are hardcoded when it comes to depth. This is a legacy SH3 issue. Depth charges will go all the way to 300 meters, it's never been possible to make them arbitrarily detonate at a specififed depth. Presumably because the AI sets the depth based on where it thinks your at, up to 300 meters, at which point the DC just poofs into thin air.
Thats what I was afraid of, leave it to Ubisoft to hardcode something that they didn't research and wouldn't fix and not let someone else fix it.
Old 09-14-09, 03:18 AM   #1369
Distortion
A-ganger

Downloads: 194

Hey guys

As I`m using the TMO 1.7, I find it very hard to use the deck gun. It takes ages just to sink a single sampah. A merchant is simply almost impossible, It uses all the shells. Also, when I putt some man behind the gun (yes, the best i have) most of the time they shoot over the target. Is it me or is this harder with TMO. I read in the manual, and I quote:

"Deckgun shells have been redone to better represent their relative power compared to one another. The rate of fire of guns was lowered somewhat, but not substantially. Overall, how many shells you'll have to put downrange to sink a target is much greater then stock"

I have seen some real footage of u-boats that uses the deckgun, and it didn`t take to long for them to sink a merchant.

The rate of fire is ok, Is it possible to change some files to make this all a little easyer?

Thanks guys, the mod is awsome, this is my only complain.

Install order:
TMO 1.7
TMO hotfix 041709
maxpotics and scaf for TMO 1.7 41109
RSRDC for TMO and patch 2
cheers

"Ashes to ashes, dust unto dust,
it may not run, but shine it must,
it may not work, but it will not rust."

Last edited by Distortion; 09-14-09 at 03:29 AM.
Distortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-09, 03:58 AM   #1370
donut
The Old Man

Downloads: 10
Corroboration, 1.8 beta the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distortion View Post
Hey guys

As I`m using the TMO 1.7, I find it very hard to use the deck gun. It takes ages just to sink a single sampan. A merchant is simply almost impossible, It uses all the shells. Also, when I putt some man behind the gun (yes, the best i have) most of the time they shoot over the target. Is it me or is this harder with TMO. I read in the manual, and I quote:

"Deck gun shells have been redone to better represent their relative power compared to one another. The rate of fire of guns was lowered somewhat, but not substantially. Overall, how many shells you'll have to put downrange to sink a target is much greater then stock"

I have seen some real footage of u-boats that uses the deck gun, and it didn`t take to long for them to sink a merchant.

The rate of fire is OK, Is it possible to change some files to make this all a little easier?If he would only tell.

Thanks guys, the mod is awesome, this is my only complain. Not mine, TMO related. Arming distance needs to be kept to 500Yds. as in SH1 Why; because of inertia in surface craft.
Explain; Mass+speed= inertia
#1, because of a subs slower speed,she can turn tighter than surface craft. this is not the way it is in SH4/TMO,the speed has been increased, but the turning radius has not. A sub should be able to turn inside a DD,as in SH1. For real.

Install order:
TMO 1.7
TMO hotfix 041709
maxpotics and scaf for TMO 1.7 41109
RSRDC for TMO and patch 2
cheers
Agreed, I was told, it was other mods,& they don't touch guns.
donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-09, 08:17 AM   #1371
Barkhorn1x
Captain

Downloads: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergei View Post
HUD should look like this

If it doesn't your install may be FUBARed
I'm OK now. User error.
Barkhorn1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-09, 06:37 AM   #1372
GOZO
Commander

Downloads: 176

In the final version of TM 1.8, will there be any desent new damage model present like the one implemented in RFB?

NSM4 in it´s golden days was very promising but since it´s demise only RFB has a new approach if understand correctly.

Cheers

/OB

SHIV:TMo 2.5, RSRD, SCAF OLC, Ralle's modpack
SHIV: WDAD, Med Campaign
SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD
SHIII: LSH3 2015
Cold Waters with all bells and whistles
Finally SHV but still unmodded and still a noob....
GOZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-09, 07:43 AM   #1373
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

having a problem and cant figure it out.

i had been away from SHIV for a very long time, and figured i'd fire her back up and try out some mods. anyway, last night i did a clean install of SHIV + UBM (1.5), and installed TM1.7.

Started Dec 8, 1941. Asiatic Fleet, Salmon Class.

First patrol:
I'm cruising along at high time compression.. and my crew is calling out "Merchant Spotted"... "Merchant Spotted" every few mins. Yet the time compression never slows down. By the time i get the TC to x1, the ship is long gone. Also doesn't slow down for PAC messages etc either.

The one time i did manage to slow it down in time when a ship was spotted.. i tried to use my hydrophone to ping it, and couldn't hear em. I could hear my own engine at 180.. but not the other ship. This despite being in visual range and confirming there was indeed something there.

so i said fux this.. and pulled up the first single mission just to play around. and voila.. time compression slows down when it should.. and i can hear contacts.

sweet!

so i start a new campaign. same choices as first time.. and the same problems are there.

so uhh, either the salmon class is porked.. or my install is.

think i'll try using a diff ship next time (porpoise?) and see if it will finally work.

will also redownload TM just incase.
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-09, 07:52 AM   #1374
Distortion
A-ganger

What speed of TC where you at? I think above 1500 this can happen. Also, and I`m not sure about this, maybe you cought an allied, and therefore TC will not stop. I normally wont go past 1500, except when in clear waters.

Old 09-17-09, 08:28 AM   #1375
gutted
The Old Man

re-installed.

tried campaign with a porpoise.. and had no problems at all. TC stopped on messages and ship sightings.. even got some hydropne contacts.

tried same campaign with a salmon, and no TC stops and the hydrophone cant hear other ships.
Old 09-17-09, 10:16 AM   #1376
gutted
The Old Man

well it seems to be working intermittenly now.

my guess is TC doesn't stop for friendly ships?

cant figure out the hydrophone thing though. if hydrophone works on surface in TM... why dont the crew hear the ship on the phones before they spot it visually? again.. is this just for friendly ships?
Old 09-17-09, 10:22 AM   #1377
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

In my experience that is correct.
If my crew spot a friendly we just sail on by, doesn't drop out of TC.
As for the hydrophone thing, I think that early war hydrophone combined with inexperienced crew will only hear a ship at about 8000 yards (ish! maybe less)
SO in daylight they'll see the contact long before they spot it.
At night I get about 50/50 between hydrophone and watch crew spotting contacts first.
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-09, 10:30 AM   #1378
gutted
The Old Man

The TC makes sense.. it used to annoy me dropping out of TC everytime i spotted a friendly aircraft or ship back in SH3 when trying to leave port.

as for the hydrophone.. thats just ridiculous. if i can clearly hear it.. the crew should hear it.
Old 09-17-09, 11:01 AM   #1379
Distortion
A-ganger

It is known that you will hear the contact way earlyier than the sonarman. This has to be fixed in SH5.

Old 09-17-09, 11:32 AM   #1380
Aquitaine
Swabbie

Downloads: 13
Default Reducing torp duds

Hiya,

Just started TMO and like quite a lot of it. I'm curious how to do two things:

- Reduce torpedo dud %: On my current patrol it's between 30 and 45% of my torpedoes (reloading several times to try and get a larger sample size). I appreciate that this may be realistic and that that's one of the reasons people like mods like this, but it's a bit much for me.

- Slightly increase deck gun damage. Is this something I'd have to edit files for every ship to accomplish, or is there a single configuration for each type of deck gun that will do it?
Aquitaine is offline   Reply With Quote