SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-12-21, 05:05 PM   #16
Alexander G Hamilton
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Support A greviance for sure.

Currently experiencing the same problems as metus. I'm using the Ubisoft version (1.4.0.1), and I've followed several guides, yet to no avail. The main trouble lay's in the hsie patch. It just refuses to recognise my sh3_exe file (which is named sh3_g_exe, exactly like metus's!) I have not installed the 4GB patch nor any other mod. I got the steam version too, but I had serious trouble with even launching the game (which has been solved by now). However, when I tried to patch with hsie on steam, it actually worked, yet immediately got stuck again with the 4GB patch as it refused to recognise a compatible version of the sh3_exe. At this point, I've read a couple of day's worth of forum chats, both on steam and the forum. IF anyone has an idea of what I should do, please let me know. I'm going to use GWX, SH3C, and hsie's, of course, along with JSGM and some other smaller cosmetic mods. Hopefully, I can figure out where the trouble lies; however, outside assistance is greatly appreciated.
Alexander G Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-21, 05:23 PM   #17
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander G Hamilton View Post
Currently experiencing the same problems as metus. I'm using the Ubisoft version (1.4.0.1), and I've followed several guides, yet to no avail. The main trouble lay's in the hsie patch. It just refuses to recognise my sh3_exe file (which is named sh3_g_exe, exactly like metus's!) I have not installed the 4GB patch nor any other mod. I got the steam version too, but I had serious trouble with even launching the game (which has been solved by now). However, when I tried to patch with hsie on steam, it actually worked, yet immediately got stuck again with the 4GB patch as it refused to recognise a compatible version of the sh3_exe. At this point, I've read a couple of day's worth of forum chats, both on steam and the forum. IF anyone has an idea of what I should do, please let me know. I'm going to use GWX, SH3C, and hsie's, of course, along with JSGM and some other smaller cosmetic mods. Hopefully, I can figure out where the trouble lies; however, outside assistance is greatly appreciated.
The quickest way to deal with this is to download the Silent Hunter 3 Front End which will handle any version of SH3, patching for star force, for h.sie and, for 4GB. You can do it all manually but you have to do it in the right order and there are multiple opportunities to screw it up. I think there is a new version available but don't know where it is at to download.

I think the most important thing to do is to do a completely clean install to a clean directory and then use MultiSH3 to copy into individual installs for GWX, LSH, etc. You then know you have an original SH3.exe to copy over should you screw up any of the myriad operations (Star force removal, 4GB, H.Sie, Stiebler, and Tycho's mods being the usual ones requiring patching of the executable).
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-21, 05:47 PM   #18
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Alexander G Hamilton!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote