SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-05-11, 08:27 AM   #1
Radio
Planesman

Downloads: 339
Uploads: 0
Just read that the IJN subs did not have a bathythermograph, this absolutely has to be disabled in the orderbar.cfg!!!

I made me a small addon for the IJN mod itself that makes the AI planes see subs at shallow depth and also adds the MK-24 Fido (copied from TMO) to their loadout (at the right historical date). Once I have finished my recent fleet-boat game (made me my own mega-mod with parts and fixes of all other mods + own stuff) I gonna return to the IJN again, so expect more reports and posts soon!

One more thing I read: The IJN subs did only start to have snorkels in 44, could they be be disabled before this date? Not sure if that's possible, just asking and giving ideas...

Oh and did you fix the (stock game) hydrophone/sonar bug mentioned in the OTC mod manual, the entries in the AIsensors.dat are switched so that the sensors behave wrong. A small thing but it could help to make the AI stronger.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-11, 10:26 AM   #2
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
Just read that the IJN subs did not have a bathythermograph, this absolutely has to be disabled in the orderbar.cfg!!!

I made me a small addon for the IJN mod itself that makes the AI planes see subs at shallow depth and also adds the MK-24 Fido (copied from TMO) to their loadout (at the right historical date). Once I have finished my recent fleet-boat game (made me my own mega-mod with parts and fixes of all other mods + own stuff) I gonna return to the IJN again, so expect more reports and posts soon!

One more thing I read: The IJN subs did only start to have snorkels in 44, could they be be disabled before this date? Not sure if that's possible, just asking and giving ideas...

Oh and did you fix the (stock game) hydrophone/sonar bug mentioned in the OTC mod manual, the entries in the AIsensors.dat are switched so that the sensors behave wrong. A small thing but it could help to make the AI stronger.
"Just read that the IJN subs did not have a bathythermograph..." Oh, they don't, eh? We cannot sail without one by god. They are absolutely indispensible. Uh... what is it? What does a bathy...whatchamacallit...do? BTW, have you heard that great surf rock song by Scouting for Girls called "On the Radio?" It is a classic summer time song, and was the theme song for a video of the Rell Sunn kids' surfing competition in Makaha, a prime surfing beach in Hawaii known for its famous back wash. Here it is, just for you, Captain Radio, . IGD strikes again. "The moon in the sky and we partied all night long!"

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 11-05-11 at 10:57 AM.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-11, 10:45 AM   #3
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
Once I have finished my recent fleet-boat game (made me my own mega-mod with parts and fixes of all other mods + own stuff)
Ok .... when will we hear about this NEW megamod?
Old 11-07-11, 09:59 AM   #4
Radio
Planesman

Downloads: 339
I would post it, but this is impossible it includes too many "borrowed" files from other mods

I started with GFO and added RSRD, then added everything I liked from TMO and RFB, even OM. Then I added all bugfixes that I could find in this forum (and there are many! eek) and added my own changes. and all othr things like Nisgeis and CaptainScurvy's mods... and and and...

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-11, 01:23 PM   #5
USS Drum
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 126

I don't know if anybody has asked this before but what about a rendezvous with a German U-boat for a mission. I've read that they did it in real life.
USS Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-11, 03:35 AM   #6
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Drum View Post
I don't know if anybody has asked this before but what about a rendezvous with a German U-boat for a mission. I've read that they did it in real life.
they did, but that was in the Atlantic Ocean after they went arount the cape of good hope for the yanagi missions (technology exchanges by subs with Nazi Germany)

see :

http://www.operationrisingsun.com/main.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanes...-52_%281943%29

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-11, 08:50 AM   #7
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Downloads: 324
Default IJN FOREVER

Mr Keltos

My life has me not playing with subsim as often as I like . However My continued encouragement for the completion of CLIMB MT NIKITA . continues

Kiyoshi Kimura

Captain_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-11, 08:56 AM   #8
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimuraijn View Post
Mr Keltos

My life has me not playing with subsim as often as I like . However My continued encouragement for the completion of CLIMB MT NIKITA . continues

Kiyoshi Kimura
I relate, only instead of modding (a skill I currently lack but admire and appreciate), it's working on a website.