SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-12-08, 10:43 AM   #16
Xantrokoles
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

He Peabody,
I have to say, you did a great job and you have to keep it up.

Maybe you have tried Skawas new S3d and it is real fun to plave objects one other models.
Why don't you add some things from the interiors onto your bridge?
For example a steering wheel or more crew members.
Old 07-12-08, 10:57 AM   #17
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xantrokoles
He Peabody,
I have to say, you did a great job and you have to keep it up.

Maybe you have tried Skawas new S3d and it is real fun to plave objects one other models.
Why don't you add some things from the interiors onto your bridge?
For example a steering wheel or more crew members.
Thank you, Xantro.
I agree with you on the adding to the bridge, the reason I didn't I am trying to move it to a better compartment, this one is way too small. But the best compartment has so many bars in the way, I can't see at all. I can move the bars but the compartment is two objects and I can't get it back into the game with textures on it. I do not know anything about 3D, but Keltos tried too and the fact it is two objects I think is the problem. I tried to split into two objects and load separate but the vertices count for obj and texture are then different. I am still working on it. I guess I will have to learn how to texture and redo it.

The crewmembers are on the ship just not in that compartment because there is no room and they would be in the way to see ships.

I just did an upgrade and made the Turret the playable gun. Link is in first post.

Peabody

Upgrade to version 1.1

http://files.filefront.com/IJN+Maya+.../fileinfo.html

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 07-12-08 at 10:07 PM.
peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-08, 01:22 PM   #18
Ishigami
Navy Dude

Downloads: 20

8" turrets using 6" shells? Maybe thats the reason I was unable to sink a Northampton in a 1 on 1 test mission.

Downloading new version
Ishigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-08, 01:29 PM   #19
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishigami
8" turrets using 6" shells? Maybe thats the reason I was unable to sink a Northampton in a 1 on 1 test mission.

Downloading new version
I didn't change the shells yet, didn't get an answer. So, I am just going to have to test them. I think there may be an accuracy problem too. I know w3lt4r did a fix one time. I'm going to check with him and see what he has to say about accuracy fix. I can't find it.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Old 07-12-08, 02:37 PM   #20
Xantrokoles
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
I agree with you on the adding to the bridge, the reason I didn't I am trying to move it to a better compartment, this one is way too small. But the best compartment has so many bars in the way, I can't see at all. I can move the bars but the compartment is two objects and I can't get it back into the game with textures on it. I do not know anything about 3D, but Keltos tried too and the fact it is two objects I think is the problem. I tried to split into two objects and load separate but the vertices count for obj and texture are then different. I am still working on it. I guess I will have to learn how to texture and redo it.

The crewmembers are on the ship just not in that compartment because there is no room and they would be in the way to see ships.

I just did an upgrade and made the Turret the playable gun. Link is in first post.

Peabody
Splitted objects are almost impossbile to rework in 3d programs.
The have two objects which belong to different textures.
I also know the 'too small compartments problem' and I fexed it with switching the unit
But they are rare.

I know only two persons who can texture models for SH4, especially the lightmaps.
Keltos is sadly not a person who can work perfectly with textures:rotfl:
But we love his work on the Ijn subs
Old 07-12-08, 03:55 PM   #21
W4lt3r
Ensign

Downloads: 43

"
I didn't change the shells yet, didn't get an answer. So, I am just going to have to test them. I think there may be an accuracy problem too. I know w3lt4r did a fix one time. I'm going to check with him and see what he has to say about accuracy fix. I can't find it."

Didnt bother to quote, but about the accuracy fix. I did check quite many sources of the SH4 files and around the web, and seemingly the inaccuracyness at +8km ranges by standard gunnery crew is hardcoded to the game, at least this is my current hypothesis. Since im yet to find the correct coding for the AI gunners of both NPC ships and the player's gunners.

But lately i've been busy with quite few kendo camps and such, so i havent been able to reach my computer that much. Or a computer at all really.

I'll try to do more research when possible on this matter and hopefully provide a fix that would alter the accuracy so that you no longer need to lob 500 shells at a target that is 13km away, instead only to shoot max 20 shells or so..

*Editto* and it is W 4 L T 3 R, or also spelled as Walter, ^^ and my fix only adjusted the maximum spotting range of the deck crew and maximum firing ranges of NPC ships and own gunner's maximum range. So i didnt do really "accuracy" fix, only a range buff :P
W4lt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-08, 04:14 PM   #22
peabody
Admiral

I knew it stood for Walter, just got my numbers mixed up. You should see me try to add.:rotfl:.
Thanks for the response, I knew you had mentioned it at one time (maybe the PBB) but didn't know what you had done. At the time I wasn't trying to MOD so I didn't pay much attention to it.
Thanks again.
Peabody

Old 07-12-08, 04:34 PM   #23
Ishigami
Navy Dude

I noticed three little things:
First the two single 25mm AA guns which replaced these two 4” turrets are not on their platforms.
The second thing is that the camera for the playable 8” turret is a bit deep. If possible I think it would be better to lift it up a bit.
The last thing related to your file structure. There are many files which other playable units do not have. I don’t know if they are necessary or not…

Anyway nice improvement! I like it.

And I got a problem not really related to your mod but maybe you can help me with this.
akdavis made me a small eye candy mod and changed the fire effects of 8” turrets to the particle effect of 11” turrets.
(See here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=138541 )
I now have the problem that your playable 8” turret does not have the particle effect of an 11” gun like the other turrets but the old crappy 8” effect.
There was no message from JSMGE about a file problem. Do you know what I need to do to get the particle effect of 11” turret on your playable turret as well?
Old 07-12-08, 10:47 PM   #24
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
I noticed three little things:
First the two single 25mm AA guns which replaced these two 4” turrets are not on their platforms.
The second thing is that the camera for the playable 8” turret is a bit deep. If possible I think it would be better to lift it up a bit.
The last thing related to your file structure. There are many files which other playable units do not have. I don’t know if they are necessary or not…

Anyway nice improvement! I like it.

And I got a problem not really related to your mod but maybe you can help me with this.
akdavis made me a small eye candy mod and changed the fire effects of 8” turrets to the particle effect of 11” turrets.
(See here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=138541 )
I now have the problem that your playable 8” turret does not have the particle effect of an 11” gun like the other turrets but the old crappy 8” effect.
There was no message from JSMGE about a file problem. Do you know what I need to do to get the particle effect of 11” turret on your playable turret as well?
The 'extra files' : Are you talking about the submarine folder? Or something else? If it is in the submarine folder they are the 3D model I was trying to fix for the new bridge. I deleted them in the first upload, forgot to do it in this one. No, they don't have to be there. If it's something else let me know. When you ask if I need those files, I kinda have to know what files they are.

Put the guns on the platforms. I just threw them up there where the 4 inch guns were and ran out of time after working on the turret. I sunk them a bit into the platform otherwise the gunners feet dangle in mid-air.

Raised the view on the turret. I like the low view but it was a simple change and not a big deal.

Those two changes are in the version 1.1 download, and I changed the link on the first post since I deleted the 1.1 file but the upload is the same name and filefront gives it a different location. And I deleted the 'extra' files in the Sub folder. So just download to get the changes.

The 11 inch turret effect I did not include in the file. I think it is too much, but the 8 inch is too little so I left it, but I did upload a file for you making the change on the Deck gun. There was no message about a file problem because there isn't one. I took the gun out of the gunsradar.dat to make it into a "Deck Gun" so it has a different name, even though it is the same gun. So three guns are coming from gunsradar.dat and one is not.

Download Archive.zip
http://files.filefront.com/Archivezi.../fileinfo.html

You can extract it somewhere and then move the files or you can extract directly to the folder it goes in. Suggestion, you may want to try this first to see if it works and is the right one before the new Maya. If it is wrong you can have the new Maya 1.1 overwrite it. I assume the mods folder is in Silent Hunter folder so these two files (one is the camera change, one is the 11" gun effect)into this folder:

MODS/IJN_Maya_II_ver_1.1/Data/Library/USSubParts

They will replace the .sim and .dat files. You can check before you do it if you want, there should be four files in there: Deck_Gun_8Inch.dat, .sim, .zon, .cam.

And let me know when you get them, so I can delete from filefront. They won't do anyone else any good. Unless someone else did what you did. Maybe I'll leave it a while.

Peabody

I always forget something. The .dat file has the changed location for the gun view. The .sim file has the change for the gun effect. So if one is right and one is wrong you can keep just the one that is right.

Old 07-13-08, 01:42 AM   #25
Ishigami
Navy Dude

Oh I’m sorry, yes I was talking about these extra object files etc. that are in the submarine folder.

Thanks for this fix for me. I downloaded and applied it and it is perfect!
Not only your ship is awesome but you service as well! Thank you very much!
Old 07-13-08, 10:39 AM   #26
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Oh I’m sorry, yes I was talking about these extra object files etc. that are in the submarine folder.

Thanks for this fix for me. I downloaded and applied it and it is perfect!
Not only your ship is awesome but you service as well! Thank you very much!
Wait till you get the bill.:rotfl:. Glad it worked, I still want to move the bridge but I am going to have to learn some 3D to do it. I've noticed that is going to be a problem on quite a few ships now that we have the new super duper Silent3ditor I can see that a lot are made in a way that will make it hard to have a bridge.

Peabody

Old 07-22-08, 05:21 PM   #27
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

okay so is the 8'' gun still a 6''?

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-08, 06:08 PM   #28
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivank
okay so is the 8'' gun still a 6''?
Glad you brought that up, the playable gun is still 6 inch but the others are 8 inch. I forgot to go back and change the playable one. I will correct that. I will post here when it is ready, I'll put a new link on the first post. I am going to take some extra time to check the sounds, they were not working on the Fuso so I am going to check the Maya also and might as well do it at the same time so it's only one download.

Peabody

Old 07-22-08, 07:28 PM   #29
peabody
Admiral

Update 1.2 is up with the sound fix and shells for playable gun fixed.

http://files.filefront.com/IJN+Maya+.../fileinfo.html

Please!!!! Let me know if you get that stupid alarm sounding and it doesn't stop. I think I eliminated it but not sure.

Peabody

Old 07-26-08, 01:30 AM   #30
woofiedog
Engineer

Downloads: 9

Excellent work on this crusier... spent some time on it's bridge yesterday. Thank's

Have one question though... are the missions for this vessel suppose to open up on the Allied mission page?