Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-18, 01:07 PM   #8041
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

^ and it would be tremendous
It looks like the visit has been entertaining.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 07-16-18, 02:38 PM   #8042
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

^ Probably only in his own imagination.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 07-18-18, 03:32 AM   #8043
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

According to the radio Boris Johnson is going to step down as a MP and give a damning resignation speech against PM May. We shall see if this is true.

Get your popcorn ready for the last Punch & Judy PMQ's today before that lot sod off on their summer holiday's leaving the county in a mess.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 07-18-18, 06:19 AM   #8044
STEED
Lucky Jack

The Grey man returns..

Quote:
Sir John Major: May faces more 'hardline' rebels over Europe than I ever did - and they could spark an autumn election
http://www.itv.com/news/2018-07-17/s...s-theresa-may/

I can not see it, the chance has passed when David Davis stepped down.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 07-18-18, 07:26 AM   #8045
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
According to the radio Boris Johnson is going to step down as a MP and give a damning resignation speech against PM May. We shall see if this is true. :hmmm
UP DATE

It seems he is not stepping down as MP but a statement why he stepped down from the F.O.

Old 07-18-18, 07:37 AM   #8046
Catfish

He does not look like such an expert, apart from being able to make it in the headlines regularly?
"Few at the Foreign Office will mourn his departure"

If England really wants its brexit, it better had someone with Johnson's opinion, but better expertise and stamina. For me it still looks as if he was put into this position as a chastisement, for running away after the referendum.
Well there are worse politicians, in Germany (and in the USA)

Old 07-18-18, 10:16 AM   #8047
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
He does not look like such an expert, apart from being able to make it in the headlines regularly?
"Few at the Foreign Office will mourn his departure"

If England really wants its brexit, it better had someone with Johnson's opinion, but better expertise and stamina. For me it still looks as if he was put into this position as a chastisement, for running away after the referendum.
Well there are worse politicians, in Germany (and in the USA)
True that

Old 07-19-18, 01:25 AM   #8048
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11

The next election is going to be interesting....
The Tories will take a beating and Labour are unlikely to do nearly as well as they did in the last one. Both are falling out of favor with many voters -But one of them will likely still 'win' by some narrow margin + forming a coalition.
If May is still leader there is little doubt in my mind that Labour will snatch a victory, While enthusiasm for Jezza has significantly dwindled. She has virtually no credibility left.

I can see alot of strong remainer Labour voters defecting to Lib Dems and Alot of hard brexiteer Con voters going back over to Ukip which seems to be coming back from the dead atm.
Old 07-19-18, 05:57 AM   #8049
STEED
Lucky Jack

Boris is no fool, he is clever but his drawback is his attention span. He can not focus on the main issues for long before going out his way to pile more workload on his plate and get bored with that. Is Boris leadership material? No because of that fact how can he be.

Will PM May face a challenge this Aug/Sept? No because no one in their right mind wants the job and take the can for her mess.

Both Con and Lab are in big do-do, the Cons are in a right mess and Lab is living in cloud cuckoo land thinking they are going to sweep in to power. As i see it the Libs could be on the rise again and if Nigel stands for UKIP leadership again next March and wins this or so may see their rise again.

But there is always the voter like me who thinks we are screwed who ever wins so what is the point of voting for rubbish? I see no point voting for anyone at the moment they are all a wast of space, better off scrapping the whole bloody lot and starting a fresh.

Old 07-19-18, 08:34 AM   #8050
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The UK's new Brexit secretary will hold his first talks with the EU's chief negotiator in Brussels later.

Dominic Raab was appointed when David Davis resigned in protest at Theresa May's plans for post-Brexit trade.

It now falls to Mr Raab - part of the winning Leave campaign in the 2016 EU referendum - to continue negotiations with the EU's Michel Barnier.

Their meeting comes as the European Commission is instructing other EU states to prepare for a no-deal Brexit.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44880968

I'm not sure I have much confidence in this guy either but let us give him a chance

Old 07-19-18, 08:58 AM   #8051
Catfish

What is true is that Russia managed to succeed with two of its greatest foreign policy triumphs in quick succession, in 2016
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...wide-open.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/29/w...ron-banks.html
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...-russians.html

?

This has far reaching consequences, including a split of the western alliance. What they did not manage during the cold war, seems to work now. There was a cold war, after the classical cold war, but no one wants to see this.
Next they try to get back lost territory, test run accomplished with Crimea and eastern Ukraina.
Next, manoeuvre 'Zapad'.
Ok, this is all no need to think that Russia will physically invade the west anytime soon, but their kind of attacks have obviously changed.

Last edited by Catfish; 07-19-18 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-19-18, 09:12 AM   #8052
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Catfish is right there. The less American influence in and ties to Europe, the more prone and vulnerable Europe is to Russian bullying and Russian moves to turn Europe into a Russian playground. Thats why Putin activated an old sleeper, Trump, and thats why he supports British politicians campaigning for Brexit.

Divide et impera at its best. And many people in the West and especially America still do not want to see it.
Old 07-19-18, 02:26 PM   #8053
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
The European Union has issued a 16-page document outlining the preparations that need to be made for Brexit. It includes advice on how countries, companies and individuals should prepare for the prospect of the UK leaving with "no deal" in place.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44887513

Panic, PM May is making a dogs dinner of Brexit.

Old 07-19-18, 02:32 PM   #8054
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Jeremy Corbyn will take action against a senior Labour MP who branded him an "anti-Semite" and a "racist" in a dramatic House of Commons clash.
https://news.sky.com/story/jeremy-co...emite-11440743

Clearly this one is not going away any time soon.

Old 07-19-18, 04:43 PM   #8055
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11

Poor Jezza, learning the hard way that becoming a too extreme 'anti-bigot' will often just lead you right back to being a bigot.
Maybe not so 'poor'. Live by identity politics, die by identity politics. All that crap is going out of fashion anyway.
Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics