Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-17, 09:16 AM   #7351
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Never thought I'd see the day Nicola would openly display crticism toward her former mentor.

Quote:
Nicola Sturgeon has said she would have advised Alex Salmond against hosting a TV show on Russian state-funded broadcaster RT if she had been asked.
RT has been described as a propaganda tool for Vladimir Putin's government, but Mr Salmond urged viewers to judge for themselves.
Ms Sturgeon said the channel chosen by her predecessor as first minister would not have been her choice.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-41941359

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 11-10-17, 09:51 AM   #7352
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
It is being reported that some progress has been made in the negotiations but I notice there are no details set out.
Strange thing is in news of German and French papers the same item reads very different: the EU has set up an ultimatum of 2 weeks in which London has to make the demanded concessions to severla key demands regarding Irish borders and tax union, EU budget payments, migration - else the EU will not allow talks on trade beeing opened by the end of the year, as London desperately desires.

Mind you, Jim, all EU meber states have to agree to any final Brexit treaty, and the EU parliament as well. Just one of these, just one voting against it, and the Brexit treaty, however the draft would look like, would be toast.
Old 11-10-17, 05:38 PM   #7353
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
It is being reported that some progress has been made in the negotiations but I notice there are no details set out.
How many times we have been down this road then days or weeks later the EU states little to no progress has been made.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 11-11-17, 06:21 AM   #7354
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Never thought I'd see the day Nicola would openly display crticism toward her former mentor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-41941359
There at last is the proof, RT is not left wing.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 11-11-17, 06:32 AM   #7355
STEED
Lucky Jack

And now news from Finland..

Read on..

Quote:
Universal Basic Income: Finland shows how salary for all works
A fixed pre-work salary for all will be trialled in the UK soon. Sky News has visited Finland to find out how it is working there.
https://news.sky.com/story/universal...works-11119005

It may work in Finland but here in the UK i don't think so.

Jezzer warming up to next weeks PMQ's

Old 11-11-17, 06:45 AM   #7356
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Brexit can be reversed despite Government claims, Article 50 architect Lord Kerr says
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-a3687256.html

Quote:
Brexit can be reversed despite Government claims, the man behind Article 50 has said.

Lord Kerr, the architect behind the document claims the Brits are in danger of being “misled" by Government suggestions that quitting the bloc is set in stone.
Yep up the garden path and bam.

Old 11-11-17, 06:56 AM   #7357
Skybird
Soaring

Report from EU parliament says that due to the Brexit Germany will see a 16% rise of its payments to the EU, or an increae by 3.8 billion. This reports also says that France and Italy will get away with proportionally smaller rises.
Old 11-11-17, 09:00 AM   #7358
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

Mind you, Jim, all EU meber states have to agree to any final Brexit treaty, and the EU parliament as well. Just one of these, just one voting against it, and the Brexit treaty, however the draft would look like, would be toast.
That is very true but I seriously believe it will be mainly Angela who will direct which way voting will take place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Report from EU parliament says that due to the Brexit Germany will see a 16% rise of its payments to the EU, or an increae by 3.8 billion. This reports also says that France and Italy will get away with proportionally smaller rises.
Germany to all intents and purposes now runs Europe in my opinion but what France will make of that in the future is anyones guess.

Old 11-12-17, 05:41 AM   #7359
STEED
Lucky Jack

Right that's it the Liberals should be locked up for this one..

Quote:
The Scottish Liberal Democrats have backed a motion calling for all schools to have gender-neutral uniforms for students.

Jess Insall, 15, told the party conference that allowing girls to wear trousers and boys to wear skirts could result in happier students, better exam results and even better jobs.
She said: "It's a small step forward but it will make a huge difference."
Her call was backed by the party's UK deputy leader, Jo Swinson.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-41947722

No wonder we are in a mess, screw up the kids so in turn when they become adults they will screw up their kids and so on.

Teflon Tony is back..

This may raise hopes for old jim the spectra of Labour maybe just kept out of outright power in 5 years time.

Quote:
Tony Blair: 'Labour should be 20 points ahead in polls'

Former prime minister Tony Blair has said that Labour should be much further ahead in the opinion polls than it is now, suggesting that Jeremy Corbyn isn't capitalising on the problems facing the government,
Mr Blair was speaking to Radio 4's Today programme, as he launched a new report for his Institute for Global Change.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-poli...ahead-in-polls

Old 11-12-17, 09:09 AM   #7360
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Jailed woman's husband 'to speak to Boris Johnson'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41956588

I hope he can get some sense out of the clown.

Old 11-12-17, 11:50 AM   #7361
Skybird
Soaring

David Davis says Britain rejects to call out a concrete number it agrees to pay to the EU. This makes it extremely unlikely that the block will agree in mid Decembre to open talks on future relations and trade.
Old 11-12-17, 12:11 PM   #7362
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
That is very true but I seriously believe it will be mainly Angela who will direct which way voting will take place.
And there again is it - this strange "British folly" that Germany will save you. Actually, the net payers are in the minority in the EU, the net receivers have the majority, also in the ECB control boards. And these do not like that one of their milking cows - you Brits - are leaving so that they cnanot benefit from you anymore. These net receiving states will overrule Germany. And France thinks this is a greatb opprutnity to settle some "open bills" with it sowld prime rival Britain anyway. The French want to teach you a lesson.

And Merkel - I tell you what, her era is over. She is seriously weakned. Just two days ago she has lost a very major behind-the-curtain showdown, her candidate for becoming the head of the Konrad-Adenauer Foundation, wich is the German cornerstone in forming and defining German trans-atlantic interests and relations, has given up the race, and in goes a man that is far more independent from omni-controlling Angela: she wanted to prevent him at all costs, and lost. The negotiations for a Jamaica-coalition are gojgn badly as well, and the Merkel party hasd just dropped to the lowest point scores in six years, with a majoity of people now refusing the prospect of Jamaica (it is an idioccy anyway). The demand of Germany to get a certain man on the seat of Draghi, the current chief of the Bundesbank, also finds bitter resostance in brussels and the EU and Euro institutions, and I cannot see that he will make it. Probbaly a German it will be after Draghi, but not this one. Another major defeat for Merkel.

You overestimate both Merkel'Spower, and influence, and her words on brexit as well. Her era is over. And that we will have new generla elections in the forseeable future since no government gets build, is absolutely realsitic a scenario now. As long as the reds, the SPD, do not join in a continuation of the drama of a great coalition. For which their price may be to see Merkel going out, too.

Merkel is as good as over, she will never recover to her influence of past years. Even inside her own party and her sister party, the vultures started to rise.

Its good that she is done, her style and polcy was a disaster for Germany. But I cannot see anyone coming after her who is less bad than she was. Only bad option there are, only bad options. And the slow-motion-collapse of the FIAT money system looming above all. Due to its unique labour time models, germany was able to sit out the outbreak of symptoms in 2007. This time I doubt that even germany can just sit it out. It has not invested its profits in material assets, but paper-money-system based print assets - which will all collapse in fictional value as well then. And this will rupture the German social systems on all levels and civil society as well.

Or in short words: Merkel will not save you. She has both hands full with counting her days and desperately trying to buy some more time. hioch will cost her party dearly, sinc she currently sells the last remains of the CDU's former profile, trying to bring the Jamaica coaltion ogether by giving up the last long held positions by the CDU. And who votes for a party that stands for nothing anymore than pure 100% self-serving opportunism, and for which everything, evertyhing is negotiable? Such a party is free of any features and characteristics, own views and own positions. And that is why it has dropped to its lowest score in 6 years since the negotiations for a coalition began.
Old 11-12-17, 03:53 PM   #7363
STEED
Lucky Jack

I am in full agreement with you Sky, when I saw the German results it was clear Queen Merkel head is on the chopping block and to prevent the blade coming down sooner she's got her hands full with her own party and the other party's trying to keep her crown. The UK is not high on her agenda that's for sure.

Old 11-12-17, 04:03 PM   #7364
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
EU preparing for possible collapse of Brexit talks - Barnier
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41961412

Clearly news from our side saying all is going well is BS. If we face a full on hard Brexit could bring down Mrs May. Boris and Gove are clearly pushing hard for this which i feel will back fire on their lust for power.

Old 11-12-17, 04:31 PM   #7365
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
The UK is not high on her agenda that's for sure.
Lets put it slightly different: the Eurofication of Germany, and keeping France financially in check (preventing to allow Paris financially eroding Germany over its demands for more EU glory) while at the same time allying alongside with it over the EU, are just higher on the list of priorities, than the UK. To appease France and help Macron is the main ,otive behind the massive german support for Franc elatest push for greater Eropean military integration. Berlin expects that this costs less than paying for Macron's other high flying plans. The chance for a Jamaica coaltion I see at 50%, that for new elections at 35%, and that for a renewal of a great coaltion with the SPD at 15%. None of these three scenarios coming true would really surprise me.

Tags
british, politics