Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-17, 02:14 PM   #7276
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252
Uploads: 0

Correction, roughly one quarter of working Scots don't earn enough to pay income tax:

Earnings in Scotland 2016.

Page 5.

Derived from ONS data HERE.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 10-09-17, 03:04 PM   #7277
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Found this quite intersting "Europe: Scotland's dilemma"

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 10-10-17, 02:12 PM   #7278
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Icon8

Have been watching alot of more or less biased documentaries about the reasons for and against brexit; and what especially Johnson and Farage said there was for it. I almost went through the roof when i had to listen to Farage's bovine scatology, from racist to sexist to just cheap provocation. He is an exceptionally gifted show-off; god i swear i had no idea. Those bigmouths having their say just because they are louder and just keep talking over others, lacking entirely educated and social behaviour never let their position be discussed. Stir up the people and quickly leave when their bluff is being called. No expertise, no education, just populistic rats.

I wonder if any politician can ever be made legally liable for openly and publicly belying the people.
While the people have all the facts at hand, and can inform themselves through more trustworthy sources, they obviously do not care at all. They want to believe, and search for reasons supporting their own opinion.
Well this is obviously not alone a UK problem

Mrs May has said that "the ball is in their court", but nothing could be more far fetched, or plain wrong. The EU has said from day one that they will not discuss anything about trade or single market before a divorce bill has been settled. Since a year politics in England wobble back and forth, always complaining and accusing the EU not to react to Englands's (not the UK's!) demand of settling a deal, before themselves fulfilling the legal procedere and treaty as it has been signed by the UK itself.
Quitter Farage forgot to mention this? Oops.

The real UK government should strive to know what the EU were thinking, not what Brexiteers hoped the EU were thinking.

I am of the opinion that the divorce will economically hurt Great Britain more than France or Germany, or the whole EU. Only 26 percent of the people in Germany think that brexit will hurt them at all, let alone the rest of the EU.
Also, since there does not seem to be a real plan in the UK about how to go on, a lot of europeans prepare for a real hard brexit in a worst case scenario. No deal, no trade treaties, and so they are reluctant and try to save as much as possible.

But the worst is the social divorce, resulting in scientific programs stopped, and less cooperation in all fields. Well we can see it all over the world, people are so dumb

Sorry. maybe i should better go out and fell a tree or something. Or stop watching "politicians" in talk shows

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 10-11-17, 06:19 AM   #7279
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

The conference season is over and the mindless mob is safely back in the HoC and here we go it's PMQ time..

May Vs Corbyn

Corbyn pie high on the cult of Corbyn...Oh Jeremy.

May trying to put her speech behind her along with that cough and prankster.

DING DING here we go..

And that's a rap...

May 0 - Corbyn 1

May was clearly not on form when you start going on about the last Labour Government and repeating yourself. How long have the Tories been in power? 6,7,8 years oh come on most people can not recall six months ago so what is the point!

Corbyn gave her a few good verbal punches but yet again failed to deliver the knock out blow, man up jezzer show you are leadership material.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 10-11-17, 11:31 AM   #7280
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
EU citizens' uncertain Brexit status 'intolerable' - CBI boss
The head of the CBI warns the UK's 'health and wealth' will suffer if Brexit results in EU nationals having to leave.
http://news.sky.com/story/eu-citizen...-boss-11076225

Not really, the Tories would abolish benefits and make the unemployed work on the farms and coffee shops.

Moving on..

Quote:
No energy bill price cap this winter, Ofgem says
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41578950

You had to be a dipstick not to have seen that, winter is the time these pigs make most of their money. Can't see the Tories rushing this one though Parliament any time soon.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 10-12-17, 03:45 PM   #7281
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
The EU's chief negotiator Michel Barnier says there has not been enough progress to move to the next stage of Brexit talks as the UK wants.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41585430

And what do we get from the UK Government? Everything is going well and we are on course for a smooth transition. What a load of guff, get this sham out and get Labour in. Yes I did say Labour, this bloody lot are clearly stringing the country along while they make big bucks behind our backs.

And if Jezzer's lot muff it get the next long in and so on.

Old 10-14-17, 06:25 AM   #7282
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Latest Scottish Westminster voting intention:

https://twitter.com/britainelects/st...13102682071040

Quote:
Scottish Westminster voting intention:

SNP: 40% (+3)
LAB: 30% (+3)
CON: 23% (-6)
LDEM: 5% (-2)

via @YouGov, 02 - 05 Oct
SLab back in second place but the SNP still in the lead.

Jim won't like it, but it looks like a Corbyn UKLab government appeals to much of SLab's former support in Scotland.

In Brexit news, apparently there are secret reports going about that show both Scotland and the North East of England will be the most damaged economically by Brexit:

http://www.thenational.scot/news/155...nd/?ref=twtrec

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-brexit-impact

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 10-14-17, 07:49 AM   #7283
STEED
Lucky Jack

As the EU talks go no where and both sides will not back down and Brexit falls apart the slug may make a return!

Quote:
Having stood down from Parliament at the General Election, Mr Osborne said he is now concentrating on his newspaper job, as well as his other roles advising asset management firm BlackRock and a professorship at California's Stanford University.

But, leaving the path open for a return to politics, he added: "I have a question in my own mind, which is 'do I really want to go back?'
http://news.sky.com/story/osborne-sa...rship-11078733

I would wager he would only if he could win a safe seat and the party swung behind him.

Old 10-14-17, 07:55 AM   #7284
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Jean-Claude Juncker on Brexit bill: 'They have to pay'
http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-bri...-idUKKBN1CI12G

I am not a fan of Nigel Farage but he said this would happen so why is Mrs May not understanding this, mad man juncker spells it out and she goes on her merry way with her merry men as nothing had been said.

Old 10-15-17, 09:18 AM   #7285
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
British farmers would produce more food themselves in the event of the UK leaving the EU without a trade deal, a cabinet minister has suggested.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41627341

I wonder if this is the Tory master plan to bring about the end of the welfare system?

Unemployed made to work on the farm in chain gangs.

Think it will not happen, think again as past history has shown us.

Old 10-15-17, 09:23 AM   #7286
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
UKIP leader Bolton backs zero net migration to stop 'swamp' on services
Henry Bolton says zero net migration is a "very difficult target" but the UK should aim to achieve it in the "next few years".
http://news.sky.com/story/ukip-leade...vices-11082341

UKIP should join the Tories and push for the unemployed to work on the farm in chain gangs for their pocket money.

Old Jezzer would have something to sink his teeth into with the SNP, Libs and Greens.

Old 10-15-17, 09:37 AM   #7287
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Theresa May's Government is doing bad job of negotiating Brexit according to two-thirds of voters, YouGov polls finds
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-a3658126.html

Really?

I had them down doing sod all and having no idea what so ever, hey I may have got it wrong and on that note beer for me.

Old 10-16-17, 12:46 PM   #7288
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Theresa May will make an unannounced trip to Brussels today to meet the key players negotiating Britain's exit from the EU.
http://news.sky.com/story/theresa-ma...eting-11083247

Are you sure about that?

If I know you can bet your pint of beer the EU also knows, after all the big give away its in today's news and yesterday's as well.

Old 10-16-17, 01:40 PM   #7289
STEED
Lucky Jack

Old Jezzer could be standing in your safe Labour seat at the next general election.

Quote:
Jeremy Corbyn’s current seat in Parliament is to be abolished under revised boundary plans being published tomorrow, the Evening Standard can reveal.

His constituency of Islington North will cease to exist if the Boundary Commission proposals go ahead - triggering musical chairs as he and other top Labour figures scramble for seats in the Commons.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-a3659846.html

Maybe old Jezzer should be told about where Jim is.

Old 10-17-17, 07:03 AM   #7290
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Theresa May would have kept Tory majority under boundaries plan
Opposition parties are likely to mount fierce resistance to proposals to redraw the UK's constituencies and cut the number of MPs.
http://news.sky.com/story/theresa-ma...-plan-11084575

Far too many MP's it should be cut to 200-300 and no more.

Quote:
Theresa May could have retained her House of Commons majority if June's snap General Election had been fought on a proposed shake-up of MPs' constituencies.
Bet she wished she did that first before calling the election.

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics