SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-05-13, 01:42 AM   #1336
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

cool...do you have any update when an international update is available?
Hawk66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-13, 07:03 PM   #1337
Ruckdog96
Mate

Downloads: 2
Spruane Destroyer ?

Is there any mods to put more ships in the Sim? I would love to mod the FFG-7 into a DD963 Spruance Class Destroyer? I served on the USS CUSHING DD985 and was the ASWO officer onboard once upon a time. Would love to go active with my AN/SQS-53 bow mounted sonar on some bubble heads.
Ruckdog96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-13, 06:50 PM   #1338
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I discovered RA yesterday and extra bought DW again (steam english version, I had the German disc version before which is incompatible) and don't regret it.

Moving a huge Akula (Typhoon) through the pond is a nifty feeling... striking some targets with ballistic missiles is even better

Recommended! Too bad the game/community is kind-of-dead :/
Old 06-24-13, 12:25 AM   #1339
OrangeFr3ak
Watch

Downloads: 45

Downloaded the mod and enjoying it! Is there any way to make the Indian Navy Kilos playable? I'd like to see the INS Chakra which is a Akula II boat and the Sindhughosh-class which are Kilos in RA 1.37 since they should be easier to mod.

Last edited by OrangeFr3ak; 06-27-13 at 01:29 AM.
OrangeFr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-13, 04:27 PM   #1340
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd149 View Post
1.4 is out..
Who can I dowload this newest version please? I see here (http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/sho...61&postcount=1) only the version 1.37...
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-13, 06:43 PM   #1341
tippership
Watch

Downloads: 1
Default Iowa BBs??

I am having issues getting the IOWAs to engage using their guns- (RA 1.3.7)

i put two Iowas next to each other, then put two Sverdlov (one is the Sverdlov BB, the other the Sverdlov CG) about 10 nm from them, had them all set to attack each other in the editor, then slapped a oliver hazard perry nearby so i would have a front row seat to the action - and ran the mission and every time, the Sverdlov's just start going to town on the iowas and beating them up badly with their guns while the Iowas don't do anything, except when they get even closer, when they FINALLY toss a tomahawk or two every now and then, but after that, they launched their helos and had them use their Mark 54's to attack the Sverdlov.. ...Really?

...um, what about , i don't know, those big 406 mm guns? Seems they'd be pretty useful in a gun fight.. No?

So guns are too cool for the US, but not for the russians?

I can't figure out why they won't engage- any ideas? Or is this a problem with the Iowa BB platform from SCX /NWP(since i am guessing they used the same unit from those mods)

How would you get the Iowa's to engage? They should be able to shoot forward, so it's not a problem of what direction they are facing....

Range? I ...doubt it, though i'll put them RIGHT NEXT to each other and see if that does it.

When i set up the Mission, it involved two Iowa BB's against one Sverdlov BB and one Sverdlov CG

EDIT: Hey, i just opened up both units in DWEdit, and in the object dialog menu, I noticed the Iowa has

Mission priorties AAW set to 2, Strike set to 1, and SUW, ASW, and Recon and comms set to zero

But for Both the Sverdlov BB and the Sverdlov CG , they have

SUW set to 2, AAW, ASW, and Strike set to 1, and recon and comms set to zero
- Is this the ai behavior priority i'm looking at? And if it is, does it affect weapons?
...So wait, the Iowa's don't consider enemy ships a massive threat, while the Sverdlov ships DO, and will start attacking surface units a lot?

..If this is it, then that needs to be tweaked in RA, right????

EDIT#2: Nope, i set IOWA SUW to 3, and in the mission Iowas and the Sverdlovs went RIGHT past each other at point blank range with the Iowas getting beat up.

...., I am out of ideas of what causes the Iowa to not want to engage the enemy ships

, I really want a good gun battle. ... any help? ????

Last edited by tippership; 07-09-13 at 07:42 PM.
tippership is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 11:11 AM   #1342
x_Ringo_x
Watch

Downloads: 11
Default Can't Download V1.04 Special edition

I am having trouble dling v1.04 from the Ra site. It just opens a blank white screen and nothing pops up. I can dl v1.37 just fine, but it does say you need a clean install of Dw with v1.04, then install 1.37.
Is this also correct, just wanna make sure if I have the installation procedure correct. This mod was kinda a pain-in-the-ass to install, especially with all the little updates that came down the pipes.

Thank you in advance, Ringo!
x_Ringo_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-13, 02:54 PM   #1343
swampy
Torpedoman

Downloads: 187

I'm having trouble with 1.37. Captor mines are buggy, and at the Udaloys active sonar station the range is shown in both yards and Km.
Can someone confirm this or did I mess up the installation?
swampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-13, 08:42 AM   #1344
OrangeFr3ak
Watch

Downloads: 45
Default unable to register at redrogers

I tried to register but when I reach the screen for me to check my email, there weren't any email sent. How do I register there?
OrangeFr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-13, 08:22 PM   #1345
shchuka
Swabbie

Downloads: 3

check the spam mailbox
shchuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-14, 03:20 PM   #1346
Pilot_76
Chief

Downloads: 427
Comms depth file?

Communication Depth AI Subs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
CLASS Mission Feet Meters
ABTAO SS 57 17
AGOSTA SS 49 15

I have no clue what this information is for. It's located in a file in the Manual folder of RA. Any ideas anyone? thks
Pilot_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 03:40 PM   #1347
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot_76 View Post
Communication Depth AI Subs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
CLASS Mission Feet Meters
ABTAO SS 57 17
AGOSTA SS 49 15

I have no clue what this information is for. It's located in a file in the Manual folder of RA. Any ideas anyone? thks
I believe it is the minimum depth comms can be used by ai subs.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-14, 08:13 PM   #1348
Pilot_76
Chief

Downloads: 427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
I believe it is the minimum depth comms can be used by ai subs.
OK thanks!
Pilot_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-14, 01:14 PM   #1349
dd149
Soundman

Downloads: 183
Default Version 1.38 approaching

LAST NEWS FOR 1.38 Version:

Some info about add-on "Reinforce Alert" (DWX 1_38 version).
[ * - Hardcoded fix ]
1 - ADCAP User Doctrine Fixed: Passive Speed Search Set To 45 kts.
2 - Udaloy Active Sonar Ranges Labels fixed to meters.
3 - AGM-88 HARM Missile water crush problem has been fixed
4 - KA-27 Helix USER, added capability take 2 x Kh-35 URAN [SS-N-25 SwitchBlade ] missiles in loadout. *
Pylons has been removed, weapon loadouts placed inside helo body.
5 - Fixed bug with "freeze" russian torpedoes (AI TEST-71 Series).
6 - Fixed bug with KH-35 Uran User, when at short attack range, missile not able hit target.
7 - Sailboat added sound for broadband sonar control User Sub.
8 - US Iowa Class: Fixed To Iowa BB and Iowa CG separate classes. Now Iowa BB able to Shell engage.
9 - Some airstrips has been fixed.
10 - Victor-I SSN: Fix bug when torpedo SET-65 unavailable to loadout from main rack.*
11 - Victor-II SSN: Fix bug when torpedo 65-76 unavailable to loadout from main rack.*
12 - Victor-II SSN: Float Wire an 3D model, coordinates has been corrected.
13 - Bug fixed when AI Sub shot not from doctrine command - fast shot problem (bug 1.37 version) *.
14 - Section "SSP INFO" Added To USNI Data.
15 - Mk 37 Mobile Target - difficult kill bug, has been fixed.
16 - Mobile Mines Doctrine has been fixed, crush depth reached bug remove.
17 - KA-27, MH-60: Fixed bug when Contacts Nav Map and Acoustic Display have different ID *.
18 - Fixed bug, when sonobuoys undetectable with User MF Active sonar.
19 - Added F-22 Raptor F/A To U.S.
20 - Added GBU-39 Bomb
21 - Added Command Bunker Landbased Hard Object.
22 - Speed Cavitation O.H.P FFG and Udaloy DDG increased To 20-21 kts (vs default 6 kts for O.H.Perry) *.
23 - Fixed a default DW bug, where one type Player submarine and AI submarine, had not the same speed and depth of cavitation *.
(For sample: AI KILO cavitating an 213 feet and 10 knots, but the KILO Player not cavitating at the same depth and speed.)
24 - Cavitation is now dependent on the structure of the props:5-blades,7-blades, Pumpjet,etc... Old or new technologies production propellers.*
25 - SA-22 Greyhound SAM Site with 9M335 missile added.
26 - Moskva CVH: 57mm guns fixed firing cones.
27 - Removed bugs voices and text messages with User controllable air platform - when TIW, and detonation message has been received.
28 - The inability to set a minefield in the mission editor eliminated (bug 1.37 version).
29 - SH-3D Sea King ASW Helo added to Peru NAVY.
30 - AI Sub Doctrines remastered for preventing cavitation in tracking and pursuit modes.
A stadimeter fix for 888 was mentioned but then disappeared, we shall see.
Sounds promising, let us hope thet the testing is OK, anyway the European DW community will be glad to do the debugging if requested!
Thanks a lot to the RA team, they keep fixing and improving long after the initial developers cashed in and disappeared... Leaving bugs which could probably have been fixed with a relatively small effort.
dd149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-14, 05:44 PM   #1350
x_Ringo_x
Watch

Downloads: 11
Default Time to Release?

Any idea when this is gonna be released?
Love the RA mod, they are always updating even when you are thinking they are not.
x_Ringo_x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reinforce alert