SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-10-07, 06:06 PM   #1
Jib01
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
GWX and campaigns do not work....

I just installed the GWX mod with 1.03 and all works except the campaigns. I have created two SH3 directories one with the mod and one without since I can not use those mods for the 3rdFlotilla.

There is a problem......If you were playing a campaign in the standare SH3 1.04 patch version (latest) and you install the GWX addon, for some reason your previous campaign does not work. It essentially goes to black screen and comes up with an error message. So I created a new campaign with my old one still there and started that up and it works fine. I selected 1943 and a XID Uboat compared to my VIIC uboat from my previous campaign. I tried to run my old campaign and it has the XID uboat which did not exist in 1939-1941 time frame.

I thought you could create as many campaigns as you wanted and use different boats in each. The GWX manual does not say anything about a incompatibility with campaigns.

I need to get my original campaign going again. Can anyone tell me what config file to change to get my old boat back ? I have 20 missions and a great crew and don't want to stop.....

Help

Jib01/02
Old 10-10-07, 07:11 PM   #2
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

You cannot continue your old campaing that has been saved BEFORE the installation of GWX. This is due to the many changes on the gameplay files that differ on what the game tries to load from the saved file.

Also, if you are planning to add any gameplay mod (gameplay mods are anything else except sounds & graphics that arent in DAT files) be sure to be in port when doing so. If you save at sea, install a new gameplay mod and try to load the saved game, it gives you an error.

Hope this helped!
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-07, 07:15 PM   #3
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

You can run as many different campaigns with as many different boats as you like
I have

Your old careers may not work in GWX
Has been mentioned many times before
Pretty sure it is in the manua - if it isnt it will be added by Pablo
Author of Das Buch

If you want to play and continue your old career you may have to do a dual install and run it on the second one

GWX has made a considerable amount of campaign\shipping changes so older careers dont always start
Sometimes you get lucky but more often than not you dont

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-07, 07:16 PM   #4
Jib01
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Ok, I tried something. I went to my old campaign and even though it said a XID sub I loaded it anyway. It worked and put back my old VIIC that I was using and I completed my 21st mission. Still in 1941 still. So that at least works fine.

Now I am going to delete the GWX mission I started and make a backup copy of the SH3 directory in My Documents and then startup GWX and start new missions.

I was unaware that you could not have campaigns with different Uboats and that you had to use the same type Uboat all the time. IS THIS CORRECT ???

Regards
Jib01/02
Old 10-10-07, 07:18 PM   #5
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jib01
I was unaware that you could not have campaigns with different Uboats and that you had to use the same type Uboat all the time. IS THIS CORRECT ???
No, you can start a new campaing with a new boat if you want.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-07, 08:15 PM   #6
Pablo
Commodore

Downloads: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jib01
No, you can start a new campaing with a new boat if you want.
Hi!

Or you can change boats during your campaign by buying a new one.

Pablo

"...far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
- Theodore Roosevelt, speech before the Hamilton Club, Chicago, April 10, 1899
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-07, 08:24 PM   #7
Pablo
Commodore

Downloads: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboywooly
Your old careers may not work in GWX
Has been mentioned many times before
Pretty sure it is in the manua - if it isnt it will be added by Pablo
Author of Das Buch
It is now added for the next release. To wit:

Quote:
ENSURE the only change (if any) to a CLEAN, UNMODIFIED installation of Silent Hunter III is an earlier version of GWX; GWX patches are cumulative starting with GWX V1.03.
  • Uninstall Silent Hunter III via Windows’ “Add/Remove programs” feature
  • Open Windows Explorer and
    • *delete* the folder from where Silent Hunter III was just removed
    • *delete* the "\My Documents\SH3" folder. GWX is incompatible with non-GWX save games
Pablo

"...far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
- Theodore Roosevelt, speech before the Hamilton Club, Chicago, April 10, 1899
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote