SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-06-13, 06:03 PM   #16
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
If you mean that I'll release full version it's hard to me.. there will need to handle text files, but my English is very far from ideal ..
At this stage I think that some short release notes (as I and Rongel did for our respective patches) will be more than enough. By now your English is not much worse than mine, but I will nontheless help you with change and todo lists (for my part of job on the mod)
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-13, 07:48 PM   #17
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
my English is very far from ideal ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
but I will nontheless help you with change and todo lists (for my part of job on the mod)
Can I help? Too complicated since I do not not what is going on? An online translator is not sufficient enough?
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 12:09 AM   #18
V13dweller
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 101
Uploads: 2

I have been testing your mod since I was given testing rights by gap some time ago, it has been a pleasure to use.

I have been feeding the info back to gap if Volodya needs some of those results.
V13dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 04:20 AM   #19
plj
Captain

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0

I was running Sobers bad weather deck gun ... and if you pay attention to when the bow of your ship pases the horizon, you can shoot fairly accurate at up to 3km ... imho. If needed I will try to produce a vid of that ... just make sure that you are in first zoom and can see your ship moving on the ocean, so you have a clue on how that gun is pointed when you press space :p

Also, you misquoted me there gap :p Altho I could've said it :p

Marketing guys: why your mod over sober's bad weather deck gun ? Whats the difference ? And I didnt touch it cuz it states 'incomplete' and I was having enough crashes as it was :p
plj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 09:09 AM   #20
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Anything you advertise is well worth our knowing-THANKYOU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
Can I help? Too complicated since I do not not what is going on? An online translator is not sufficient enough?
Thank you for your nice words and for your offer of assistance guys, they are much appreciated.

If you can help? Of course you can: by clicking on that download link and letting us know your impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by V13dweller View Post
I have been testing your mod since I was given testing rights by gap some time ago, it has been a pleasure to use.

I have been feeding the info back to gap if Volodya needs some of those results.
Yes, and your comments have given me more tha one clue

Quote:
Originally Posted by plj View Post
I was running Sobers bad weather deck gun ... and if you pay attention to when the bow of your ship pases the horizon, you can shoot fairly accurate at up to 3km ... imho. If needed I will try to produce a vid of that ... just make sure that you are in first zoom and can see your ship moving on the ocean, so you have a clue on how that gun is pointed when you press space :p
I don't remember if Volodya has somehow adjusted my settings for the current version, but our mod used even harder deck gun settings that the one by sober, reducing traverse as well as elevation speed.

On a side note, I wish to note once more that Reworked U-boat Guns is the result of a thorough historical research (I and keysersoze referred to tens of different sources) and that our settings are not only based on our opinions on how SH5 gun handling should be, but also, if not exclusively, on historical specifications of their real counterparts, only slightly adjusted to fit within game limits. This is to say that if sober's mod and R.U-b.G have similar settings, this is almost a cohincidence. I say "almost" because, though having different premises, the two mods are based on the same facts. In any case, both of them are supposed to make gun's aiming more difficult, but not impossible indeed.

Sorry for the long aside

Quote:
Also, you misquoted me there gap :p Altho I could've said it :p
ops... sorry, corrected

Quote:
Marketing guys: why your mod over sober's bad weather deck gun ? Whats the difference ?
IIRC, sober's mod applies just to deck gun's elevation speed, or little more. R.U-b.G is a complete rework of all U-boat guns, aimed to make their specifications more historical accurate. Virtually no aspect of them is untouched. Changes include traverse/elevation speeds, cyclic and practical rates of fire, muzzle velocities, maximum ranges, ammo loadouts, etc. Moreover, our mod fixes AI crew's aiming, which was broken for most Flak guns. Due to their harder handling and to the randomization happening in game, they are still not 100% accurate, but I can guarantee you that by now our gunners will strive aiming at their designed targets, instead of shooting regularly below or above them.

Quote:
And I didnt touch it cuz it states 'incomplete' and I was having enough crashes as it was :p
Its being "incomplete" refers to the fact that on my HD there is a second version on the making, which will add many new cool features (new gun visual effects, customized sound loops for each gun, new German ordnance with customized specs and tracers, improved ammo selction/loading interface, maybe RSD-compatible improved gun damage model, plus some fixes).
Due to its simplicity, the present version won't cause any CTD, I can guarantee it, and for sure has lesser compatibility issue than the one I have on the making.

Last edited by gap; 10-07-13 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-07-13, 09:19 AM   #21
plj
Captain

Downloads: 70

Replacing Sober's mod with yours NOW

Cant wait to test mah new gun ^^
plj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 09:38 AM   #22
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
I don't remember if Volodya has somehow adjusted my settings for the current version, but our mod used even harder deck gun settings that the one by sober, reducing traverse as well as elevation speed.
No.. or almost no.. I just adjusted a little bit start/stop animation.. that's all..

Quote:
Moreover, our mod fixes AI crew's aiming, which was broken for most Flak guns. Due to their harder handling and to the randomization happening in game, they are still not 100% accurate, but I can guarantee you that by now our gunners will strive aiming at their designed target, instead of shooting regularly below or above them.
Perhaps you wanted to say all of the Flaks were broken ..

Quote:
Due to its simplicity, the present version won't cause any CTD, I can guarantee it, and for sure has lesser compatibility issue than the one I have on the making.
For some reason our work is in my list of 'heavy' mods.. sometimes I got CTD on campaign start when tried to include it in some my lists ..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 10:10 AM   #23
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Thank you for your nice words and for your offer of assistance guys, they are much appreciated.
If you can help? Of course you can: by clicking on that download link and letting us know your impressions
I have integrated reworked U-boat guns into my mod list. I can not tell if anything is wrong. What should I look for? I haven't looked for any faults. Need a little direction here unless my comments are sufficient. Probably been using it within a few days of seeing the download link posting.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 11:50 AM   #24
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
No.. or almost no.. I just adjusted a little bit start/stop animation.. that's all..
I remember you telling me something on deck gun's traverse speed, but I am probably wrong

Quote:
Perhaps you wanted to say all of the Flaks were broken ..
In other words, yes. You for sure can say more than me in this respect

Quote:
For some reason our work is in my list of 'heavy' mods.. sometimes I got CTD on campaign start when tried to include it in some my lists ..
That's strange. You have included only gun's sim files in the present version, don't you? I don't see how their changed settings could conflict with any other mod, or burden the game engine

Quote:
Replacing Sober's mod with yours NOW

Cant wait to test mah new gun ^^
Thank you plj

please see below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
I have integrated reworked U-boat guns into my mod list. I can not tell if anything is wrong. What should I look for? I haven't looked for any faults. Need a little direction here unless my comments are sufficient. Probably been using it within a few days of seeing the download link posting.
Man the guns and tell us how do they "feel". Tell us if you manage shooting-down any aircraft using them, and how your plane killing ability compare to the one of your crew. Check if/how yours and AI's aiming accuracy is affected by various weather conditions (day/nigh, low/medium waves, etc). Tell us to which extent promotion points spent on gun crew will actually effect their performance. At some point I and Volodya worried about the fact that AI-manned guns could have become way too effective, rendering air attacks a lesser deadly threat than they historically were.

We are highly interested in your comments on how overall balanced you think our mod is. We don't expect you to carry on all the tests today or tomorrow. I would rather prefer that you base your remarks on a wide variety of gaming circumstances. All we are asking is: the next time(s) you meet a lonely merchant or spot an aircraft on the horizon, just click on the 'save' button before ordering crash dive, and cannon them down for us
Old 10-07-13, 12:12 PM   #25
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
I remember you telling me something on deck gun's traverse speed, but I am probably wrong
No.. just animation intervals..

Quote:
That's strange. You have included only gun's sim files in the present version, don't you? I don't see how their changed settings could conflict with any other mod, or burden the game engine
Yes that's strange.. and yes, there are only .sim files.. not less strange behavior of SubFlags mod that is in my 'heavy' list too..

PS: in a few days I'll reinstall my OS and will test all these mods again.. there is a small/micro chance that I messed up the library files when editing the last install.wim of my Win7.. because I got the same error when I tried to play Half-Life2 modded right now..
PPS: but CTD on campaign start with our mod I saw running WinXP also ..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
Old 10-07-13, 12:32 PM   #26
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
No.. just animation intervals..
Okay, my bad

Quote:
Yes that's strange.. and yes, there are only .sim files.. not less strange behavior of SubFlags mod that is in my 'heavy' list too..

Quote:
PS: in a few days I'll reinstall my OS and will test all these mods again.. there is a small/micro chance that I messed up the library files when editing the last install.wim of my Win7.. because I got the same error when I tried to play Half-Life2 modded right now..
PPS: but CTD on campaign start with our mod I saw running WinXP also ..
Never had such a problem in historical mission. Did you notice anything like this when loading the campaign designed on purpose by Trevally, for your extensive gun tests? And also: is it a recurrent problem on your rig, or it only happens randomly and just on campaign load?
Old 10-07-13, 01:05 PM   #27
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Never had such a problem in historical mission.
As I am..

Quote:
Did you notice anything like this when loading the campaign designed on purpose by Trevally, for your extensive gun tests? And also: is it a recurrent problem on your rig, or it only happens randomly and just on campaign load?
I didn't notice this in my tests because I used there not all my mods, much less..
When my list contains too many 'heavy' mods then I got CTD on campaign start loading.. even if the first campaign starts fine, then some other campaigns don't start using silentotto..

Old 10-07-13, 01:32 PM   #28
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
I didn't notice this in my tests because I used there not all my mods, much less..
When my list contains too many 'heavy' mods then I got CTD on campaign start loading.. even if the first campaign starts fine, then some other campaigns don't start using silentotto..
Okay, I see. This excludes that our reworked guns may contain any per se wrong settings. Could be a compatibility issue, but going by memory the one "big mods" which might conflict with our mod are IRAI and Equipment Upgrades Fix. Our sim files are based on them, and even if they weren't I don't see how they could cause a crash on campaign loading
Old 10-07-13, 01:47 PM   #29
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Okay, I see. This excludes that our reworked guns may contain any per se wrong settings. Could be a compatibility issue, but going by memory the one "big mods" which might conflict with our mod are IRAI and Equipment Upgrades Fix. Our sim files are based on them, and even if they weren't I don't see how they could cause a crash on campaign loading
It's SH5.. and it's beyond logic as I said yesterday..
I tested our mod with EUF and IRAI enabled of course.. all the 'main' mods were enabled.. but when I installed a lot others small mods I got CTD.. disable our mod and campaign starts fine.. out of logic..

Old 10-07-13, 02:12 PM   #30
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
I tested our mod with EUF and IRAI enabled of course.. all the 'main' mods were enabled.. but when I installed a lot others small mods I got CTD.. disable our mod and campaign starts fine.. out of logic..
Unrelated mods, I suppose... That is silly