SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-12-15, 04:34 PM   #151
thegrindre
Engineer

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 1

I'm playing it. I just bought SH4 Gold a week ago and I'm pretty excited about it.
I have GFO installed. It's like an upgrade to v1.6.
I'm still in sub school right now, though.

Intel core 2 duo @ 2.33GHz
nVidia Gforce 8800 GTX 768mb
4 gigs ram w/4 gig virtual memory
Windows XP Pro w/SP 3
on a 32 bit system
At my age, 'Happy Hour' is a nap!

Last edited by thegrindre; 02-16-15 at 07:25 AM.
thegrindre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-15, 03:05 AM   #152
fender2610
Gunner

Downloads: 217
Uploads: 0
Default I play

I am terrible at it (any and all realism settings), but I still play anyway. SH4 by the way. Also, I have SH3 and SH5, but haven't tried those out yet.

Last edited by fender2610; 02-13-15 at 03:33 AM.
fender2610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-15, 01:42 PM   #153
ssjtoma
Watch

Downloads: 12

Me and just playing with one mod....don't remember what its called lol, but its the increase in the torp's exploder by 20% other then that nothing but the game and me.
ssjtoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-15, 03:59 PM   #154
GenMarkof007
Swabbie

Downloads: 82

Ahoy all,

I've just started to play SH4 + SH4 Wolves of the Pacific (v.1.5)....
After viewing many YT SH4 videos, I got some great advice from old SH3 and SH4 players that told me that SH4 had some great MODs that would give me some great REAL WWII sub sim action.

So after doing a first patrol in vanilla and getting my hand on some of the main SH4 command with a WWII sub, I did what most of you (after reading almost all the replies) did... got myself this incredible MOD ( 1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5 ) - a big thx to Ducimus for this mod!!!

The learning curve is really big for a noob, but what an incredible feeling sinking a 11 000 pound oil tanker for my first merchant kill!

I'm now trying for the first time the RSRD and OM MODs for a U-Boat experience near Great Britain (Atlantic Area). At this time, those mods are great... but got just one question for the old SH4 players, do you know if I can get the same (no color for ships) like in TMO. I think that this option makes it more real for me. You need to get more information before setting up for a torpedo kill.

My List of MOD for now. Feel free to give your best mod to add with TMO or OM!

- 1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
- RSRD_SH15_V550
- RSRD_ V5xx_Patch1
- OpsMonsun_V705
- OMv705_to_V720
- OMV720_Patch5
- OMEGU_V300_pkg
- OMEGU_V300_Patch7

note: if you have a mod or tool to add insignia to the U-Boat sub tower, plz send me the links or info...would love to add this to my U-51!

Cheers
from Capt. GenMarkof007 near Great Britain (radio silence)

GenMarkof007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-15, 04:31 PM   #155
james_nix
What's happenin' Cap'n'?

Downloads: 719
Uploads: 6

I just started playing and it's my passion now. I'm reading, watching videos, modding, but actually not doing too much playing yet. I play a little, then read or change something, play a little longer, etc. but I think I have a grasp on everything and have everything tweaked just right to be satisfied.

I'm playing with RFB with all realism, except for the cameras. I don't use them to cheat, I just love getting that cinematic view! It really looks beautiful for such an older game.

I wish they had a game like this for a B-17. Yes, I know of that older one, but I cant get over the bad graphics on that one.
james_nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-15, 11:22 PM   #156
Warren Peace
Loader

Downloads: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenMarkof007 View Post
Ahoy all,

I've just started to play SH4 + SH4 Wolves of the Pacific (v.1.5)....
After viewing many YT SH4 videos, I got some great advice from old SH3 and SH4 players that told me that SH4 had some great MODs that would give me some great REAL WWII sub sim action.

So after doing a first patrol in vanilla and getting my hand on some of the main SH4 command with a WWII sub, I did what most of you (after reading almost all the replies) did... got myself this incredible MOD ( 1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5 ) - a big thx to Ducimus for this mod!!!

The learning curve is really big for a noob, but what an incredible feeling sinking a 11 000 pound oil tanker for my first merchant kill!

I'm now trying for the first time the RSRD and OM MODs for a U-Boat experience near Great Britain (Atlantic Area). At this time, those mods are great... but got just one question for the old SH4 players, do you know if I can get the same (no color for ships) like in TMO. I think that this option makes it more real for me. You need to get more information before setting up for a torpedo kill.

My List of MOD for now. Feel free to give your best mod to add with TMO or OM!

- 1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
- RSRD_SH15_V550
- RSRD_ V5xx_Patch1
- OpsMonsun_V705
- OMv705_to_V720
- OMV720_Patch5
- OMEGU_V300_pkg
- OMEGU_V300_Patch7

note: if you have a mod or tool to add insignia to the U-Boat sub tower, plz send me the links or info...would love to add this to my U-51!

Cheers
from Capt. GenMarkof007 near Great Britain (radio silence)

OpsMonsun makes all contacts Gray, and should also include U-Boat markings for the Turmumbau (conning tower), which can be done in-port in the U-boat upgrade screen.

What's happening is your mod-order. TMO and OM DO NOT play well together.

You have 2 options: Drop one of them, or use MultiSH4 (I'd recommend MultiSH4).

The silence when the pinging stops.
Warren Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-15, 12:11 AM   #157
GenMarkof007
Swabbie

Downloads: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Peace View Post
OpsMonsun makes all contacts Gray, and should also include U-Boat markings for the Turmumbau (conning tower), which can be done in-port in the U-boat upgrade screen.

What's happening is your mod-order. TMO and OM DO NOT play well together.

You have 2 options: Drop one of them, or use MultiSH4 (I'd recommend MultiSH4).

Hi Warren Peace,

Thx for the follow up.
My list should have been cut in two... TMO is one, and the rest of the mods are for OM with RSRD. Also, I know my error for the grey contacts, the folder of OMEGU was a package, so after placing only the OMEGU folder in the MOD folder, I got to try the real OM U-Boat MOD (with my very own insignia for my U-56!

For my first patrol, i'm moving from the KIEL Port to the coast of Portsmouth...
But at this time, I'm presently stop in the middle of the channel with 3 British corvettes looking for me with lights on! It's been more than 3 hours, I'll be waiting for night time to move out of this area. ;(

Cheers
GenMarkof007 (in silence mode)

GenMarkof007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-15, 03:49 AM   #158
Warren Peace
Loader

Downloads: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenMarkof007 View Post
Hi Warren Peace,

Thx for the follow up.
My list should have been cut in two... TMO is one, and the rest of the mods are for OM with RSRD. Also, I know my error for the grey contacts, the folder of OMEGU was a package, so after placing only the OMEGU folder in the MOD folder, I got to try the real OM U-Boat MOD (with my very own insignia for my U-56!

For my first patrol, i'm moving from the KIEL Port to the coast of Portsmouth...
But at this time, I'm presently stop in the middle of the channel with 3 British corvettes looking for me with lights on! It's been more than 3 hours, I'll be waiting for night time to move out of this area. ;(

Cheers
GenMarkof007 (in silence mode)

Bahah! I did the exact same thing with something back when I ran RFB/RSRDC. Could not figure out why the UI didn't look anything close to what it should have been... took me 6 hours to realize where I'd screwed up. Good day...

The silence when the pinging stops.
Warren Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-15, 06:58 AM   #159
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddy View Post
I think most people running average new computers (not bought specifically for gaming) are still barely able to get into SH5. I may be way of base here, but I think that's one of the reasons for poor sales (not often mentioned) and the move to browser-based gaming by the industry at-large.
I agree, especially with the last part.
Eichhörnchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-15, 01:52 PM   #160
weetoots
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 4
Default How to change SH4 Wolves Pacific

I just dug this game back out. I remembered a lot but how do I change depth, meters to feet. One place I read you have to change it in the office, Options. I can't find it there.

I know one of you will provide me with the answer.

TIA
weetoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-15, 04:05 PM   #161
thegrindre
Engineer

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 1

It's in the graphics options over on the right, third column. You have three choices, Imperial, Metric or Authentic.

Intel core 2 duo @ 2.33GHz
nVidia Gforce 8800 GTX 768mb
4 gigs ram w/4 gig virtual memory
Windows XP Pro w/SP 3
on a 32 bit system
At my age, 'Happy Hour' is a nap!
thegrindre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-15, 04:16 PM   #162
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetoots View Post
I just dug this game back out. I remembered a lot but how do I change depth, meters to feet. One place I read you have to change it in the office, Options. I can't find it there.

TIA
Nice to see you re-surface, welcome back

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-15, 05:18 PM   #163
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetoots View Post

TIA
Welcome back to the surface

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-15, 07:33 AM   #164
Herr Eeguy
Watch

Downloads: 40
Icon7 Back for another SH4 excusion

It's been well over a year since I've played and visited the forums, I'm glad that they are still active, albeit with less traffic, which is understandable for such an "old" game. My old computer died, hard drive failure and now I have a Win 7 system, still "old" too because I see that Win 10 is coming out soon, which is good enough for me now Currently the game is pure vanilla with the 1.4 mod. I just started my 1st patrol and am closing in on the Honshu patrol area, no contacts yet. Because I am an older player, turning 65 in October, I tend to forget things (lol) so all of this leads to 2 questions. What is the patrol area radius, my mind tells me it's 30 miles or so, and what is the minimum time that is needed to remain there??

Good to be back, for how long who knows, but I'm excited right now!! Good luck to you guys too!! Herr Eeguy (yeah I know that this is a German name-ish but it's a good, funny one mainly because I'm bald!!)
Herr Eeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-15, 09:50 AM   #165
Michel78
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

@Herr Eeguy : The patrol radius is 50 miles as far as I know and you have to stay there for 48 hours.
Michel78 is offline   Reply With Quote