SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-24-18, 01:42 PM   #31
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Sorry for this late reply on our brain and when we die.

This theory is one I have had for years and probably it is way off

Brain and when we die
A death is divide into to part

Entering death
When a person is about to die the brain somehow knows this and so to say play a fast sequence of this persons life. In common the life passes revy(revue)
When the person is dead the brain start a special dream

Depending on this persons belief, how strong it is, this person will either dream about a tunnel of lights(Heaven) or this person will dream about the basement(hell)

As long there's oxygen in the brain it will keep on dreaming or as long the brain is functioning the person who have died will keep on dreaming.

When the brain dies, the person who had this "dead dreaming" will enter a black zone.

That is my way off theory about the brain and what happens when a person die.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-18, 04:54 PM   #32
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Other theory claims that NDEs are a biochemical trick by nature to make the looming end of its existence "bearable" for the dying individual, like shock after a severe injury prevents you from feeling pain. You see your limb got ripped off, but you do not automatically feel any pain - pain often comes later only.

And what is death? I already pointed at the link between advances in organ transplantation and the softening up of the death criterion, the modern "brain death" crioterion is the result, it claims death only be relevant regarding the brain, while it leaves the still functioning living organs disregarded, becasue only still living, active organs with fully active metabolism can be transplanted. When the organ is dead for sure, it is unusable, and all organ transplantation medicine becomes pointless.

Obviously not death and absence of any cellular and reflex activity is the criterion that decides when medicine sees somebody as dead, but the perceived impossibility that the person will ever return in mind, personality, character, awareness. All this is associated with brain activity. This is to protect the interests of organ transplantation medicine.

I always carry a note in my wallet telling about drugs I take, that there is a patient's provision of mine, and that I reject both to receive donor organs or to donate my organs.

Organ receivers often face serious pychopathological symptoms after they got a new heart, for example, and struggle hard to overcome their guilt complex. This can go as far as to forming out a psychosis or severe depression. Of course this usually never gets talked of, to not scare away unknowing organ donators who only see things from the concept of "good will". But it is a far more complicated and complex theme, without easy solutions. As I see it, our complete understanding of donating organs has to be put into doubt. Thats why I reject the temporary mainstream opinions of it.