SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-14-12, 10:58 PM   #46
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

What's happening? No updates for a while

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 02:03 PM   #47
harada Taro
Watch

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

I'm sorry to say it bluntly but this is not the Musashi. This might be an halfway reworked Yamato but in no way the Musashi. Yamato and Musashi at their construction shared a secondary gunnery of 4 triple turret 155/60 placed in a diamond shape so always 3 turrets could fire at a given target. In late 1944 Yamato had the port and starboard turret taken away to be replaced by 12 127mm AA gun in 6 double turret, 3 on each side. but the Musashi was never fitted with such gun and kept her 4 triple 155/60 until she went down the sea.
harada Taro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 02:15 PM   #48
Karle94
The Old Man

Downloads: 253

The two wing turrets were removed in 1944, just as with the Yamato.

In case you don`t believe me: http://ww2db.com/image.php?image_id=6785

Find my mods here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/lzgciodldp58p/SH4_Mods
My SH4 blog here:
http://karle94.blogspot.com/
Karle94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 05:07 PM   #49
harada Taro
Watch

Sorry That picture is contested. and according Garkze and Dulin (of Naval institute Annapolis in Battleships Axis and neutral battleships of WWII only the Yamato had those changes made on her in 1943. On page 120 there is table listing year by year the number of gun for all caliber. between fall 43 and february 44 the yamato was refitted adding 12 5"/40 in 6 twin turrets while decreasing the 6.1"/60 by two triple turrets. Musashi keeps all 4 triple turrets and stayed with her 12 5"/40 in 6 double turrets. but had at the time of her sinking a little more 25mm gun 130 while yamato 116 qtill increased to 150 at time of yamato's sinking.) I can mail the yamato museum in Kure and ask them if you want.

Last edited by harada Taro; 11-16-12 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-16-12, 05:25 PM   #50
Karle94
The Old Man

I`m not the one you should ask, I`m not the one making the Musashi nor the yam-yam.

Find my mods here:
My SH4 blog here:
Old 11-17-12, 03:17 PM   #51
tomhugill
Planesman

Downloads: 23

Harada, your attitude stinks to be honest. I don't see you building any mods your self. To deride other people's work in such a way is out of order, especially given the fact the evidence is contested. Maybe you could phrase your observations in a way People will listen too. £&@* rivet counters
tomhugill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-12, 03:36 PM   #52
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

According to www.combinedfleet.com :

Quote:
3 April 1944:
MUSASHI arrives at Kure.

10 April 1944:
Enters Kure drydock No. 4. Repairs are made to the hull. Two beam triple 6.1-inch turrets are removed, each is replaced by three triple-mount 25-mm. AA guns. Twenty-one other triple-mount 25-mm. guns and 25 single 25-mm. guns are added. MUSASHI's 150-cm searchlights Nos. 7 and 8 are removed to make room for the single mounts. The searchlights are later reinstalled for use by Sasebo's AA batteries. MUSASHI's final AA suite is one hundred-thirty 25-mm AA guns (35x3, 25x1). A Type 13 radar and a new Type 22 radar-directed fire-control sets are fitted. Depth-charge rails are also installed on the fantail.

22 April 1944:
Undocked.
Old 11-17-12, 09:18 PM   #53
Encrusted_Garlic
Watch

Downloads: 1277

Quote:
Originally Posted by harada Taro View Post
Sorry That picture is contested. and according Garkze and Dulin (of Naval institute Annapolis in Battleships Axis and neutral battleships of WWII only the Yamato had those changes made on her in 1943. On page 120 there is table listing year by year the number of gun for all caliber. between fall 43 and february 44 the yamato was refitted adding 12 5"/40 in 6 twin turrets while decreasing the 6.1"/60 by two triple turrets. Musashi keeps all 4 triple turrets and stayed with her 12 5"/40 in 6 double turrets. but had at the time of her sinking a little more 25mm gun 130 while yamato 116 qtill increased to 150 at time of yamato's sinking.) I can mail the yamato museum in Kure and ask them if you want.
Yeah, you come across as a self informed know it all... there are much more tactful ways to bring up a point.. especially when you have a whole month under your belt in a forum as you contest veteran members who have the utmost respect from the community... you would do well to humble yourself and dig deeper in your research before you go around pissing on feet... The Musashi is documented with varied opinions and evidence offered... that being said... the refit being mentioned in the post below me is the most widely accepted. Yours is an opinion at best, being a bit less abrasive and arrogant might get you more results if you are actually looking to advance your knowledge instead of just trying to prove it.

Windows 7 64x
Asus M4A88TD-V Sata6gb Motherboard
AMD Phenom II Quad Core 4.2
16gb Corsair RAM
600w Corsair Power Supply
A50 Corsair CPU Cooler
XFX Radeon HD 7850 with Ghost Thermal
Encrusted_Garlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-12, 09:18 AM   #54
harada Taro
Watch

First : I've never wanted to be rough to the author of the the mod. He has done a very good work and that I will never contest it. Neither in my poste have I contested the quality of his job. I have just raised the point that removing the 2 triple 6.1 was accurate or not.

The sole thing I say is what historian of Naval instute Annapolis reported in their book. William H Garkze and Robert O Dulin. According them the Musashi never went into such refit only the Yamato did.

That's not an opinion so no need to be rude. Then as it is debated I will contact the Yamato Museum in Kure ask them the question if the Musashi went into such refit or not.

and sorry but I am not 1 month old here... I follow subsim for several years but I've never subscribed as I did not see the need to until I decided to modify one ship created bye Karle and thanks to him the P cruiser which I only slightly edited in adding / fixing turrets. That's not my job, nor my passion to model. It may be yours and that's great, you can do it great I can't. Can you perform an arthrotomy and a tibial plateau leveling osteotomy? I can maybe not you. Each one his job/passion but that doesn't make one superior to the other.

Last edited by harada Taro; 11-18-12 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-18-12, 10:23 AM   #55
Yamato_NF
King of the Ocean

Downloads: 621
@harada

from what I read, you are coming across as an arrogant kid, just like japlance/encrusted said. so id advise you to bite your tongue.

contacting the Yamato Museum would only prove you are trying to "piss on boots". again, bite your tongue, and move on.

So, that being taken care of,

hows the mod coming along?
ive gotten most of my work done for my master's,
so ill have more time to spend on this and other things

Yamato_NF

"He who controls the seas controls the world."
Yamato_NF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-12, 11:08 AM   #56
Karle94
The Old Man

I can tell a little how it is going to be: It will lag like crazy, even half of the 3D model alone caused my computer to slow down, the program stopped responding for 10-20 seconds just rotating the 3D model. My Arleigh Burke causes some lag, some of you may have noticed it. How do you think this will be? It`s up to you guys but I would have found another 3D model to use, or spice up the SH4 3D model and correct the errors there.

Find my mods here:
My SH4 blog here:
Old 11-18-12, 03:33 PM   #57
Encrusted_Garlic
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by harada Taro View Post
First : I've never wanted to be rough to the author of the the mod. He has done a very good work and that I will never contest it. Neither in my poste have I contested the quality of his job. I have just raised the point that removing the 2 triple 6.1 was accurate or not.

The sole thing I say is what historian of Naval instute Annapolis reported in their book. William H Garkze and Robert O Dulin. According them the Musashi never went into such refit only the Yamato did.

That's not an opinion so no need to be rude. Then as it is debated I will contact the Yamato Museum in Kure ask them the question if the Musashi went into such refit or not.

and sorry but I am not 1 month old here... I follow subsim for several years but I've never subscribed as I did not see the need to until I decided to modify one ship created bye Karle and thanks to him the P cruiser which I only slightly edited in adding / fixing turrets. That's not my job, nor my passion to model. It may be yours and that's great, you can do it great I can't. Can you perform an arthrotmy and a tibial plateau leveling osteotomy? I can maybe not you. Each one his job/passion but that doesn't make one superior to the other.
I realize my last post came off a bit more "dickish" then i wanted it to so i do apologize for that sincerely... im not trying to be a bully or start a pissing match

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.... just be mindful of the way in which you come across, especially when telling someone that something they are passionate about and put their own free time into is plain out wrong.

But yes as yamato said... best to just move on

Hey and Karle94... you mind me asking what kind of specs you are running on your rig?

Windows 7 64x
16gb Corsair RAM
A50 Corsair CPU Cooler
Old 11-18-12, 04:54 PM   #58
Karle94
The Old Man

I was afraid you were gonna say something like that. Well, here goes.

Windows XP Sp3 32x
Intel core i7 CPU 920 2,67 Ghz 2,99 gb ram
Sabretooth X58 Motherboard
GeForce GTX 560 Graphic card
2x3 Gb memory bricks
1x1 Tb harddrive, 1x500 Gb harddrive
That`s all I know.

The box is 12kg without the innards and with the innards it`s like lifting a semi-trailer when moving it. I`ve had that box for 14-15 years now, solid steel box. I could drop it from my own height and nothing would happen, unlike the modern leight weight plastic boxes.

Here it is: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=3&theater

Find my mods here:
My SH4 blog here:
Old 11-18-12, 06:36 PM   #59
Encrusted_Garlic
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karle94 View Post
I was afraid you were gonna say something like that. Well, here goes.

Windows XP Sp3 32x
Intel core i7 CPU 920 2,67 Ghz 2,99 gb ram
Sabretooth X58 Motherboard
GeForce GTX 560 Graphic card
2x3 Gb memory bricks
1x1 Tb harddrive, 1x500 Gb harddrive
That`s all I know.

The box is 12kg without the innards and with the innards it`s like lifting a semi-trailer when moving it. I`ve had that box for 14-15 years now, solid steel box. I could drop it from my own height and nothing would happen, unlike the modern leight weight plastic boxes.

Here it is: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=3&theater
Thats awesome! I actually went out of my way to find a solid steel box with all steel inner construction so i know what you say about the new plastic toy ones I have actually dropped mine during moving here... only thing that broke was everything inside.... the box was without any kind of damage while the inside was a mangled mess.... thats the asus sabertooth, what do you think of it? I bought a slightly older asus model to save $40 over the sabertooth and kind of hate myself for it.

Windows 7 64x
16gb Corsair RAM
A50 Corsair CPU Cooler
Old 11-18-12, 07:03 PM   #60
Karle94
The Old Man

Don`t really know what to say about it. It`s already two-three years old, might be time to replace it. It might be malfunctioning, sometimes my computer simply freezes for a few seconds, then goes to normal then freezes. It dose that a few times. It`s very irritating, especially when playing WoT, it freezes, it goes to normal, dead.

Find my mods here:
My SH4 blog here: