SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-22-11, 08:28 AM   #7411
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Hi TDW !

Is it possible to define a Hotkey-Option in Options.py to appear/disappear the Ship-Journal ? Similar as for Funk-Messages ?

And second question: Why is the ship-Journal after Loading a save-game empty (UI 6.5.1) ?

Best regards,
Magic
Yes I can do that. Ruby2000 asked for a hotkey for toggling the charts (and thus SOAN) and I've already added that to v6.6.0.

There are only two reasons that come to mind as to why the ship's journal would be empty after loading a saved game:
1. there's an error somewhere
2. No journal was selected in the main menu (Ship's journal entry in main menu says None)
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-11, 08:32 AM   #7412
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Yes I can do that. Ruby2000 asked for a hotkey for toggling the charts (and thus SOAN) and I've already added that to v6.6.0.

Wonderful, many thanks !!!

There are only two reasons that come to mind as to why the ship's journal would be empty after loading a saved game:
1. there's an error somewhere
2. No journal was selected in the main menu (Ship's journal entry in main menu says None)
Hi TDW !

Yes, for me #2 ! I´ve already no ship journal in Main-Menu ! Can you explain me please, how I solve this problem (sorry, dumb question) !

Best regards,
Magic
Old 06-22-11, 08:34 AM   #7413
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Hi TDW !

Yes, for me #2 ! I´ve already no ship journal in Main-Menu ! Can you explain me please, how I solve this problem (sorry, dumb question) !

Best regards,
Magic
When the main menu is visible click on Ship's Journal. This will bring up a list of available journals for you to choose from. Select one and now new entries in game will be added to it You can create a new journal by selecting 'New journal'
Old 06-22-11, 10:44 AM   #7414
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
When the main menu is visible click on Ship's Journal. This will bring up a list of available journals for you to choose from. Select one and now new entries in game will be added to it You can create a new journal by selecting 'New journal'
Aaah, okay ! Last question (I hope ): Can I do this during Mid-Patrol (I mean BEFORE loading a Save-Game) or ONLY BEFORE I go on patrol (Sub is in Bunker/Port) ?

Best regards,
Magic
Old 06-22-11, 10:55 AM   #7415
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Aaah, okay ! Last question (I hope ): Can I do this during Mid-Patrol (I mean BEFORE loading a Save-Game) or ONLY BEFORE I go on patrol (Sub is in Bunker/Port) ?

Best regards,
Magic
This can be done at any time. I made it this way so you can switch journals if you want before starting/loading a career or historical mission.

Don't ever be afraid to ask questions There is no stupid question.
Old 06-22-11, 11:07 AM   #7416
Captain Joe
Seaman

Downloads: 563
Default No Board for DC Tallies

Hi TDW, Thanks for all your amazing work on all your mods. Just want to report that tally black board is not working and has not for few versions now. at least on my game. Please can this be checked and let me know if its something on my system or game. Thanks again.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-11, 11:23 AM   #7417
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Joe View Post
Hi TDW, Thanks for all your amazing work on all your mods. Just want to report that tally black board is not working and has not for few versions now. at least on my game. Please can this be checked and let me know if its something on my system or game. Thanks again.
Just tried the hotkey for the chalkboard - toggles chalkboard visibility as expected
Just tried the hotkey for tally marks - adds tally marks as expected
Old 06-22-11, 12:30 PM   #7418
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Hotkey added for toggling Ship's journal visibility

now for the cool stuff......

Pre v6.6.0 follow target always locked onto the middle of the contact and followed it. This was good but it could be better. What if you wanted to follow the target but have the crosshairs pointed at a different part of the contact other than the middle of it? Well pre v6.6.0 you couldn't do this. Now you can:

Notice that when follow target is enabled there is a new orders bar for it that has a single box. This single box is the follow target offset. By mousing into the box and using the mousewheel you can change where the follow target 'locks' onto the contact In this example I have the offset set to follow more to the front of the ship.

Every time you toggle follow target the follow target offset is reset to 0.

The mousewheel changes the offset amount by 0.01 with every 'click' of mousewheel rotation. This offset amount is in degrees (relative to your current scope heading)

If you have the offset high enough (or low enough) to cause the crosshairs to 'leave' the target then follow target is disabled. This disabling of follow target can also happen if the offset amount is high (or low) enough and the ship changes heading causing the crosshairs to 'leave' the target.

Old 06-22-11, 12:37 PM   #7419
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Quote:

Pre v6.6.0 follow target always locked onto the middle of the contact and followed it. This was good but it could be better. What if you wanted to follow the target but have the crosshairs pointed at a different part of the contact other than the middle of it? Well pre v6.6.0 you couldn't do this. Now you can:

Notice that when follow target is enabled there is a new orders bar for it that has a single box. This single box is the follow target offset. By mousing into the box and using the mousewheel you can change where the follow target 'locks' onto the contact In this example I have the offset set to follow more to the front of the ship.

The mousewheel changes the offset amount by 0.01 with every 'click' of mousewheel rotation. This offset amount is in degrees (relative to your current scope heading)

If you have the offset high enough (or low enough) to cause the crosshairs to 'leave' the target then follow target is disabled. This disabling of follow target can also happen if the offset amount is high (or low) enough and the ship changes heading causing the crosshairs to 'leave' the target.

WOOT! This is actually very exiting!
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-11, 05:02 PM   #7420
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
This can be done at any time. I made it this way so you can switch journals if you want before starting/loading a career or historical mission.

Don't ever be afraid to ask questions There is no stupid question.
Good to know, many thanks TDW !!!

Quote:

Really awesome work !!!!!

The game become better and better !!!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 06-22-11, 05:05 PM   #7421
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

I just found out something that I didn't know about my own mod (image that huh ). I was going to make something that would be a follow target for aircraft. I setup a single mission and was curious if my current follow target would work on it. It does

How to make it work:
- man the flak gun yourself
- in the TAI click on the aircraft to select it
- enable follow target

Now all you have to do is control the up/down of the flak gun. Makes it much easier to engage aircraft

You can also use the new follow target offset to set a 'lead' on the aircraft (will be available in v6.6.0)

Knowing this works on aircraft I'm going to have to setup 2 hotkeys for the follow target offset so one can quickly change 'lead angle' when engaging aircraft. These hotkeys will make it much easier to change this on the fly (currently you have to mouse into the follow target offset and use mousewheel to change it)

You can also do this with the periscopes!
To enable aircraft follow target in scopes:
- man the scope
- pan scope to place crosshairs on aircraft or click on aircraft in TAI to select
- enable follow target

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 06-22-11 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-22-11, 05:12 PM   #7422
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Quote:
I just found out something that I didn't know about my own mod (image that huh ). I was going to make something that would be a follow target for aircraft. I setup a single mission and was curious if my current follow target would work on it. It does

How to make it work:
- man the flak gun yourself
- in the TAI click on the aircraft to select it
- Aim the flak gun at the aircraft
- enable follow target

Now all you have to do is control the up/down of the flak gun. Makes it much easier to engage aircraft

You can also use the new follow target offset to set a 'lead' on the aircraft (will be available in v6.6.0)

Knowing this works on aircraft I'm going to have to setup 2 hotkeys for the follow target offset so one can quickly change 'lead angle' when engaging aircraft. These hotkeys will make it much easier to change this on the fly (currently you have to mouse into the follow target offset and use mousewheel to change it)

YAY for cookies!!!
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-11, 05:23 PM   #7423
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targor Avelany View Post
YAY for cookies!!!
More like yay for unknown easter egg I wonder what else I've unknowingly made/enabled

2 new hotkeys added to v6.6.0:
- IncreaseFollowSelectedTargetOffsetHotkey. Default key is Shift+E
- DecreaseFollowSelectedTargetOffsetHotkey. Default key is Shift+Q

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 06-22-11 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-22-11, 11:41 PM   #7424
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
More like yay for unknown easter egg I wonder what else I've unknowingly made/enabled

2 new hotkeys added to v6.6.0:
- IncreaseFollowSelectedTargetOffsetHotkey. Default key is Shift+E
- DecreaseFollowSelectedTargetOffsetHotkey. Default key is Shift+Q
this is an awsome addition to your interface
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 12:46 AM   #7425
sentenc3
Helmsman

Downloads: 472

Thanks again, every update improves this mod, I personally think is the best mod created for SH5: Saludo:
sentenc3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui