SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop > DW Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-11-06, 01:01 PM   #1
Morgan
Swabbie

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default ROE change trouble

Hello all!

I would like to ask for some help. I've been making a campaign and I've got some trouble in one of the missions which i would like to build.

This is the situation: there's a P3 which has to fly above the Straits of Hormuz. I placed a trigger onto the map, which represents the Iranian border in the air. Then the P3 flies into the Iranian air and it gets a message from Bandar Abbas air control that he should leave the area otherwise he will be attacked. I want the Iranian ships (which are placed in the area) and some Iranian F-14s (also placed) to attack the P3 after 70 secs if it doesnt leave the area. It's ok, I've managed to do these things. But I don't know how to do this: when the P3 leaves the Iranian area the Iranians shouldn't attack him/should stop attacking him. I've tried several options but neither of them worked. The ROE never changes back and the Iranians (and Chinese) attack the P3 every time.

Can you, please, give me some help?
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-06, 01:27 PM   #2
Fish
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0

I think you should make two zones, the first with the warning the second where they attack.
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-06, 07:57 AM   #3
Miika
A-ganger

Downloads: 21
Default Keep it simple.

I'm used to doing things the hard way; the way I would do it:

Once the P-3 enters the restricted area, a (goal) trigger will create a fishing boat far away, and provide the warning: "keep away or...etc"

If the P-3 leaves the area, it will trigger another goal (you most probably will have to create a few of those to cover the whole area) that will use the script "remove platform (fishing boat)".

If the P-3 won't leave, the fishing boat will happily travel along its (transit) route until it will trigger another goal with script "change ROE of side x to WAR TIME". The distance between the place of creation and this trigger = the time the P-3 has to leave until the hostiles will attack.

I know this is a hard way of doing it, but experience with SC and DW editor has taught me: it works. Also, the operation of the triggers etc. will be easier to check.

Miika
Old 03-13-06, 08:12 AM   #4
Morgan
Swabbie

Downloads: 2

Thanks very much, both looks to work, although it happened once that i entered the area where i get the message sais me to leave and a nearby Sovremenny attacked me; then i left the area and no other ships tried to destroy me except for 2 F-14s which were created by a trigger when i entered the area. strange...
anyway it looks to work at all. however i could jsut forget about that P3 but it's better to fly a P3 and making photos of minelaying ships than laying mines, isn't it?
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote