SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-06-08, 02:42 AM   #1
Kangraxx
Watch

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0
Default Command Officers spec?!

When I start up a new game in an American sub, the officers in the command room have the command specialization (ie the command icon) on their pic. But in the German sub only one officer has command spec and the other two have sometin else. I know the crew is random but this is pushing it

I've tried to create multiple new crews by restarting the game and creating a new u-boat career but nutin happens - just one command officer in the command room... the remaining two are sometin else. Why the fcuk would I want a torpedo expert in the command room lol.

Any way to get 3 command spec officers in the command room? Im not asking for a room full of experts like the American subs, just one officer for each watch...

Wierd how in the American subs all the guys are spec'd properly and for German not even the officers r spec'd properly. Between patrols the new recruitable officer's abilities are random... I never see a command officer

Any cheat/edit or hack to fiz this plz?
This probably wont change gameplay much but it just seems wierd hehe...
Kangraxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-08, 03:49 AM   #2
Herr_Pete
Commodore

Downloads: 102

the game was never really completed in my opinion. Ubi were to quick to get it on sale. Its all down to the modders to fix it.
Herr_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-08, 07:19 AM   #3
germannoob
Sailor man

Downloads: 24

In Historical meaning there were only 5 Officers on a german submarine as far as I know:
1. Captain
2. 1 WO
3. 2 WO
3.1 sometimes 3 WO (e.g. at the IXD2)
4. LI
5. Navigation Officer (most times not a "full" officer)

The WO's were the second and third Officers. Most of the time they stand at the deck for watchstanding. I've TMO and OM for the german campaign and these 2 WO's with the ability for watchstanding is better than for command because otherwise it won't make sence for the gameplay.
The LI of couse is wrong with it's command ability: better he should have mechanics or engine abilities. But that's against gameplay again.
germannoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-08, 11:52 PM   #4
Kangraxx
Watch

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by aad-marine
I just run with the crew i was given, then as i find decent officers after each patrol i replace my command room officers with command spec'd officers with PASSIVE abilities.

I personally like having 2 theoretician's to replace the 2 out of place officers.

i'm unsure if it works or not but i like to promote my engine crew to petty officers for some reason it gives me a comfort feeling because i believe my engines are getting better fuel mileage but as i sad i'm unsure if thats true...
Apparently thats the only thing to do it seems...
I dont like changing my crew coz the exp is gone

Can anyone tell me if the officers get more skill spec when they level up or are they stuck with just the one?
Kangraxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-08, 05:02 AM   #5
germannoob
Sailor man

Downloads: 24

I think they gain experience. I have had tested this within SH4 1.3 and my fellows got to pretty officers with good specs. The specs were addicted to the role of the ship (the watching guys got watchstanding spec) and the on. But I don't know if this still is with SH1.4 or 1.5.
germannoob is offline   Reply With Quote