SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-30-09, 08:54 AM   #991
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92
Uploads: 0

yes it is and WAC will use over 3gb to run the more you assign the better it works.
if you read back you will see that the game will crash when loading the mission if the ram amount is low
SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-09, 09:00 AM   #992
Phoenix3000
Weps

Downloads: 49

Hi Seawolf,

I mis-read the patch info, I took it to be a downloadable game 'patch' of 4gb!

I know what you are referring to now.

Cheers!
Px3000
Old 10-30-09, 09:40 PM   #993
jakethescot
Engineer

Downloads: 904

I can't get it to work at all. I can use Naval Academy and Single Missions, but each time I try a career, is crashes.
I've done the clean install, patched to 1.4. I've installed WAC only. Ran the 4gb and had it point to SH3.exe.
I've done this several times. It's frustrating. Why can't (or, won't) you make it like GWX? Install it and play.
It's a great mod, it just is hard to make work. I've read several posts, and a lot of other people are having the same problem. Fix it, please.
jakethescot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-09, 11:11 PM   #994
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92

Fix what Nothing is broken it was made to run on XP machines that have a very high speck.
its us users that have a problem that WE have to fix to make the mod run on our systems it is a great shame if the mod will not work for you and if all the good advise you have received or read in this thread will not help then it looks like its a no go for you please do not expect Han to make a one off version that you can run
SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-09, 04:05 AM   #995
OG Hase
Mate

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 1

@Cheapskate: Just checked the Museum (which loads OK) - it is also messed up there and the IX-B and C don't look like they used to (with all those Vierlingsflaks u know) - so now it gets more and more interesting! Maybe u can post a pic of how your IX-B (1944/45) looks like!? Hmm , that is a very mysterious thingy to me...
OG Hase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-09, 09:03 AM   #996
Cheapskate
XO

Downloads: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Hase View Post
@Cheapskate: Just checked the Museum (which loads OK) - it is also messed up there and the IX-B and C don't look like they used to (with all those Vierlingsflaks u know) - so now it gets more and more interesting! Maybe u can post a pic of how your IX-B (1944/45) looks like!? Hmm , that is a very mysterious thingy to me...
Glad to hear Museum loaded OK. If you are able to look through all the models of the IXB without causing a crash, then you are getting what HanSolo intended to include.

The configurations I have for the IXBs & Cs for '44/45 are:-

IXB 44

1 x 105mm Deckgun Forward of Tower.
1 x Twin 20mm AA installations in each of upper & lower Wintergarten positions

IXB 45

No deck mounted guns!
1 x Twin 20mm AA installations in each of upper & lower wintergarten positions

IXC 44

1 x 105mm deckgun forward of Tower

IXC 45

No deck mounted guns!

These are not necessarily the same as previous versions of WAC (or in any other supermod) but are correct for WAC4.1.

Edit: When using single missions it will help to reduce loading times
( from several minutes to about 20 secs ) if you install:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1082

Note: This mod has to be disabled before running any campaign mission - other wise you aren't going to see very much other than your own boat!

Last edited by Cheapskate; 11-01-09 at 02:06 PM.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-09, 03:38 AM   #997
OG Hase
Mate

@Cheapskate: Like CHIEFinspector Clouseau said: "Ah,now we are getting somewhere!" Then nothing is wrong technically! Question : Maybe u still have the files from 3.1 and send me the certain files so that I would have my fave boat back!? Would be grand since I just love the firepower of it! Thx for all your help anyway! Do u also have a clou for my "small sun prob" !?
Old 11-01-09, 06:11 AM   #998
Cheapskate
XO

@ OG Hase
Certainly seems like your install is perfectly OK.
Simply dropping in files from 3.1. is a definte no-no. WAC4 wouldn't even start.

However I think SeaWolf U57 has the answer to your prayers. Click on the link underneath his sig and you will find he has released some upgunned versions of the IXB which are compatible with WAC 4.1.

Re: Flat Sun
Have got a few clues but probably not enough to solve the case to your complete satisfaction!

Firstly the missing sun-halo isn't just connected to the 16:9 resolution. I've been using a 1680 x 1050 monitor at this resolution for about two years now and the sun has always displayed correctly with the Radeon cards which I use. By all accounts Nvidia cards are less successful at rendering the halo properly.

Some mods which change the scene.dat can cause this phenomena if they are not compatible with other elements of your install. Rubini's widescreen mod can only display a sun-halo at the edge of the screen.

Don't know whether this helps much - if your problem is Nvidia related perhaps someone else can offer some advice.
Old 11-01-09, 09:58 AM   #999
jakethescot
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabucino View Post
Try this, and reboot. Fixed it for me (Win 7).
Does that mean, point to the Ubisoft/SilentHunterIII folder, or the sh3.exe?
Old 11-01-09, 10:05 AM   #1000
jakethescot
Engineer

Nevermind. Got it.
Old 11-01-09, 11:55 AM   #1001
OG Hase
Mate

@Cheapskate: I found the reason for the probs! Only when I install Han's Stock Repair Times Files then there are the troubles with the IX - Boats . Now I used an older "Basic" file and the IX-B is like it should be! So now I need to get the Stock Repair Times fixed and that would be it! Maybe there is something wrong with that file . So maybe u can try that too - Your WAC plus Han's Stock Repair Times and then check the IX-B (1945) and maybe that bug will occur as well! If so maybe Han should have a look on that issue!?
Old 11-01-09, 01:44 PM   #1002
Cheapskate
XO

@ OG Hase

Have had a quick look at Stock Repair Times. This didn't seem to contain any files that would cause any change to the appearance or equipment of any sub in WAC4.1. However, against my better judgement , I installed it and unsuprisingly, find no change whatsoever from the details I posted earlier.

If you can see a change in your display, then it certainly has nothing to do with Repair Times.
Old 11-01-09, 02:49 PM   #1003
Wreford-Brown
Sea Lord

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 26

I'm looking for a WAC 4.1 user who can test my mod that adds VonDos' ships to the WAC campaign. You'll need to search for one ship on 19 Apr 1940 so it could fit in with your current career (albeit with a spoiler).

Volunteers?

Please reply on this thread:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=157513

All my mods are available at MediaFire:
SH3 Mods
Other modders SH3 mods
SH4 Mods
...you can't please all of the people all of the time...
Wreford-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-09, 02:56 PM   #1004
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Default Can't run it

I have been trying all day to run 4.1 on my Vista machine. I could run sh3 before this without problem. With this mod, no way. I have tried the Vista patch and Starforce immediately refuses to run the game. It says my .exe file is modified.

I can get to the menu but it fails loading the campaign or a single mission. It loads about 80 % and then halts for a long, long time before I get the Msoft ap error message.

I have reinstalled twice, tested, modded, rebooted, no way.

Grrr There goes my Sunday.
Old 11-01-09, 07:27 PM   #1005
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Default Oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbythesub View Post
I have spent months trying but got it running smoothly now at last!

Do you have the no cd crack to get around the star force issue?

Also, please post your machine spec so that we can help.

This version has much more going on in the game than any other, and so most problems found are due to system specs not being high enough.

The game runs perfectly if you have the right set up.
Watch it. You can't talk about cracks here, not allowed. Anyway, I don't use it. I've got a Vista, 3 GB RAM, triple core, ATI 2400, DX9 and had no problem running stock or other mods. Just this one. If I use the Vista patch it changes the .exe file and starforce won't allow that.
I tried using XP compatibilty --nope.

Too bad, this looks like a fun mod.