SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-08-14, 12:49 PM   #76
Raven_2012
Commander

Downloads: 129
Uploads: 0

Yes I know it isn't. That doesn't answer my question in regards to another mod that I wanted to use. The new TDW Generic patcher has some fixes for AOB resets after using stadimeter.

My question is this mod, TDW_gui_aob_reset_fix useless with the new Generic Patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
generic patcher is not a mode is a stand allone aplication and without this patcher the game is not playable...
Raven_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-14, 03:35 PM   #77
CaptainJack
Swabbie

Downloads: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal788 View Post
Is this Generic File Patcher v1.0.149.0 testing with Silent Hunter 5 Gold Edition?
Because if a start sh5.exe i get the 0xc0000005 error.

Update:
Fixed
Hello Michal or anyone else who can help with this issue: How do you fix the 0xc0000005 error? I can't seem to resolve this no matter what I try Here is the message I keep getting everytime I apply TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_149_0:

sh5.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application.

Her is what I've done:
1.) Only installed from DVD Gold edition - have never owned the Steam version.
2.) Complete uninstall and clean re-install of SH5 including (and verifying) update to v. 1.2. With each uninstall, I clean all SH5 files and folders from my system. I have done this at least 4 times.
3.) Painstakingly follow each and everyone of the directions in this post to install patch. Note: no error messages during install steps.
4.) Set UbiPlay to off-line mode before attempting to run generic patcher
5.) Ensure each time that UbiPlay is not running in the background before attempting to install generic patcher
4.) Attempted to start SH5 with patches activated and no patches activated - same result.
5.) Tried both Sjizzle.gps and the gps file that comes with the Wolves of Steel mega mod. Both seemed to install cleanly - but to no avail.
6.) Tried generic patcher to both a fresh clean install (v1.2) and after the Wolves of Steel mod applied (per those directions). Still get the (0xc0000005) error.

This is driving me crazy Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It appears from his post that Michal fixed this - would love to know how! Also - I apologize if I missed an obvious fix: I searched the forum in reference to this error, and this was the only directly related post I could find. Thanks in advance!
CaptainJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-14, 04:25 PM   #78
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack View Post
Hello Michal or anyone else who can help with this issue: How do you fix the 0xc0000005 error?
Some antivirus programs are even worst than the malware infections they are supposed to prevent:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=208655
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-14, 01:23 AM   #79
CaptainJack
Swabbie

Downloads: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Some antivirus programs are even worst than the malware infections they are supposed to prevent:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=208655
Much indebted to you Gap - that fixed it! A little embarrassed that I didn't think of the AV.... and that I missed this post Appreciate your patience!
CaptainJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-14, 02:24 PM   #80
Michal788
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

It was never fixed on my computer.
Old 03-18-14, 08:31 AM   #81
Psycho_Yuri
Watch

Downloads: 34

I have done everything this tutorial said but I only don't understand the last part how to enable it.

"to enable the patches u can do it manualy or restor a snapshot" ??
Psycho_Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-14, 08:49 AM   #82
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho_Yuri View Post
I have done everything this tutorial said but I only don't understand the last part how to enable it.

"to enable the patches u can do it manualy or restor a snapshot" ??
Using the manual process you enable patches one by one. TDW's patcher also supports the loading of "snapshots", i.e. user defined patch collections. They are a way to enable the wanted patches in a few clicks, rather than enabling them manually.

Most mega mods come with their own snapshot (recommended if you are adopting one of them), but you can as well define your own snapshot for quick disabling/re-enabling of your custom patch list.
Old 03-18-14, 09:24 AM   #83
Psycho_Yuri
Watch

okay thanks.

But still a little bit clueless. It seems that I have done it manually clicking all those plusses and enabled what I wanted. Is it then automatic already put in the game when I start it up? I don't have to drop some files to a location?
Old 03-18-14, 09:45 AM   #84
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
okay thanks.

But still a little bit clueless. It seems that I have done it manually clicking all those plusses and enabled what I wanted. Is it then automatic already put in the game when I start it up? I don't have to drop some files to a location?
If you do it manually, then enable the patch, the patch then does the rest. You don't have to drop the files to a location.

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-14, 09:54 AM   #85
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
It seems that I have done it manually clicking all those plusses and enabled what I wanted. Is it then automatic already put in the game when I start it up?
yes, I am going by memory but if the patches have a check mark by their name, they should be enabled already

Quote:
I don't have to drop some files to a location?
Most patches don't require any additional editing. A few patches (ship damage control, ship radio, torpedo failure, etc.), require the enabling of additional files and/or external mods though (through JSGME). If you have enabled a megamod, and loaded its own snapshot (via patcher), those files are already in your JSGME list. Otherwise you should read carefully the short instructions of each patch you have enabled (via patcher), and enable (via JSGME) the additional mods eventually required.
Old 03-19-14, 08:37 AM   #86
Psycho_Yuri
Watch

Okay thank you guys
Old 03-19-14, 12:16 PM   #87
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Okay thank you guys
Let us know if you need for further assistance

P.S: forgot to mention that some patches (manual dive plane control, deck awash, electric engine control, etc.) require the correpsonding New UI's options enabled through New UI's option editor. Failing to do so would make those patches to miss UI support
Old 06-29-14, 04:07 AM   #88
Shroomworks
Watch

Downloads: 19

I have a question about the patches in the patcher. Almost every patch in there has a change 1 and change 2. Do i need to enable both to fully activate the patch or do i just have to choose the latest one,in this case change 2?
I'm a little confused about that,since it isn't mentioned in the first post.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Shroomworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-14, 10:37 AM   #89
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomworks View Post
I have a question about the patches in the patcher. Almost every patch in there has a change 1 and change 2. Do i need to enable both to fully activate the patch or do i just have to choose the latest one,in this case change 2?
I'm a little confused about that,since it isn't mentioned in the first post.

Thanks in advance for the help.
all of them witch one is inside the patch ... 1, 2, 3 etc etc
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-14, 10:49 AM   #90
Shroomworks
Watch

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
all of them witch one is inside the patch ... 1, 2, 3 etc etc
Thank you for the help. I'll go ahead then and activate all changes in the order of their numbers
Shroomworks is offline   Reply With Quote