SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-28-14, 01:17 AM   #2836
Raven_2012
Commander

Downloads: 129
Uploads: 0

Does everyone have AI Crew Damage Control set to true? And I don't need to install this file:
AI_Crew_Damage_Control_Revised_Zones_cfg_Based_On_ FX_Update_By_TheDarkWraith

I don't see it in anyone mod soup.
Raven_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-14, 04:16 PM   #2837
Michal788
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I fix the error.
HOW? Uninstall the virusscanner than mod the sh5.exe and install the virusscanner again.
Old 02-11-14, 01:57 PM   #2838
Shinobi
Seaman

Downloads: 181
Default TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_149_0 question

Hey guys,

I have read most of the postings related to above referenced title. I realize that the patcher is not a MOD and is not to be activated via JSGME.

In order to activate the patch in which folder do I put the patcher in? the main folder for Silent Hunter 5 or in the MODS folder created by JSGME.

The other question I would have is: When another patch come out I would just delete the patcher from its existing folder and replace it with the new one? right?

Do I activate the patch before or after using JSGME to add the mods?

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, I'm new to SH5 and my install is modded. I have read so many threads on the subject and I think I managed to get myself wrapped around the axel.

Thank you for any help

Best regards to all
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 03:51 PM   #2839
Katze
Loader

Downloads: 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
Hey guys,

I have read most of the postings related to above referenced title. I realize that the patcher is not a MOD and is not to be activated via JSGME.

In order to activate the patch in which folder do I put the patcher in? the main folder for Silent Hunter 5 or in the MODS folder created by JSGME.

The other question I would have is: When another patch come out I would just delete the patcher from its existing folder and replace it with the new one? right?

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, I'm new to SH5 and my install is modded. I have read so many threads on the subject and I think I managed to get myself wrapped around the axel.

Thank you for any help

Best regards to all
Let's see if I can answer a few of these.

The patcher can be anywhere (mine is in its own folder called "Generic Patcher' within another folder I keep for SH5 downloads on another hard drive in fact.) When you start it up it'll prompt you for the path to the SH5 install folder for each file it uses.

When a new patcher comes out you want to start up the old patcher, make a Snapshot using the built-in Patcher option, then disable all patches (again using the built-in Patcher option). Then put the new GenericPatcher exe in the folder, start it up and restore the Snapshot.

The order of Patcher / Mods activation doesn't matter as long as they are all done before starting the game.

When you first start the Patcher make sure to use the option to 'Backup" everything before changing things.

Good Luck!
Katze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 04:36 PM   #2840
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Hey guys,

Thank you for any help

Best regards to all
read here step by step how to use the TDW's generic patcher
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 12:27 AM   #2841
Shinobi
Seaman

Downloads: 181
Default Thanks Sjizzle

Sjizzle,

Thank you very much for the help. That's what I was looking for. I enabled the patches the first time out. Nice set of instructions. I would suggest making those instructions into a sticky if not already done, just a thought.

Best wishes
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 09:09 PM   #2842
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
I enabled the patches the first time out. Nice set of instructions. I would suggest making those instructions into a sticky if not already done, just a thought.
Yes, Sjizzle did a great job with details on the how to thread for generic patcher. Very current with all the rapid changes to TDW patcher with added features. Glad you were successful on enabling patch the very first time.

The how to threads are at the bottom of post #1 of this thread. Myself and others have been forwarding persons to those links. Sometimes moderators do not want to put too many stickies on a forum. It is up to their discretion on what is in the best interest of the subsim community.

Some other subsimmers have commented on how bad the instructions were. I have not asked those subsimmers if there is a language barrier, or do they have very little basic computer skills. Many of us veterans have commented that some subsimmers want the easy way out, do not want to take the time to ready and try it first.

My comments on general reading and taking the time said before.

Vdr1981 would be happy to know how smoothly you found the instructions to be. He has been addressing patcher and JSGME issues on his latest project, [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod.

Speaking of patcher and JSGME and when I have time to post it, I will create detailed instructions on how to make TDW patcher moddable. Very simple to do. It can be made moddable AFTER anyone follows the "How to use patcher threads". I will include posts on applicable TDW threads and the JSGME sticky thread of mine in the SH5 forum. Moddable TDW patcher was very convenient when The Dark Wraith was making patch version changes in short time intervals.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-14, 11:27 AM   #2843
Capta1n
Swabbie

Downloads: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
Speaking of patcher and JSGME and when I have time to post it, I will create detailed instructions on how to make TDW patcher moddable. Very simple to do. It can be made moddable AFTER anyone follows the "How to use patcher threads". I will include posts on applicable TDW threads and the JSGME sticky thread of mine in the SH5 forum. Moddable TDW patcher was very convenient when The Dark Wraith was making patch version changes in short time intervals.
Mike, so nothing wrong then with using the patcher as a mod rather than stand alone?
Capta1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-14, 02:34 PM   #2844
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Sjizzle,

Thank you very much for the help. That's what I was looking for. I enabled the patches the first time out. Nice set of instructions. I would suggest making those instructions into a sticky if not already done, just a thought.

Best wishes
thx m8 if u need more help let us know
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-14, 03:45 PM   #2845
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

v1.0.151.0 released. See post #1

Added a new patch to the SHSim.exe: Air-To-Air combat

Remember if you like this mod or the mod-maker then show your support by nominating in the best of subsim

NOTE: You need minimum IRAI v0.0.41 installed also for this new patch to work correctly
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-14, 03:53 PM   #2846
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

I get this message trying to use the latest patcher .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-14, 03:54 PM   #2847
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I get this message trying to use the latest patcher .
Yeah, I forgot something. Give me a few...
Old 02-16-14, 04:00 PM   #2848
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Try it again. Link at post #1 revised for v1.0.151.0
Old 02-16-14, 04:13 PM   #2849
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172