SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-24-13, 07:11 PM   #2146
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
@ TDW

have you seen my comments to post #2145 here?
The game was looking for these CargoType= entries in the ship's .eqp files. So I'd say they can define the cargo type Only way to find out is to test it
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-13, 07:57 PM   #2147
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
The game was looking for these CargoType= entries in the ship's .eqp files. So I'd say they can define the cargo type Only way to find out is to test it
Are you suggesting (correct me if I am wrong), that we should use CargoType definitions as follows:

Code:
[Equipment #]
NodeName=K#
CargoType=*
where * is either a numerical index related with different cargo categories or, as for other equipments, the name/path of a cargo 3d model?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-13, 08:16 PM   #2148
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Are you suggesting (correct me if I am wrong), that we should use CargoType definitions as follows:

Code:
[Equipment #]
NodeName=K#
CargoType=*
where * is either a numerical index related with different cargo categories or, as for other equipments, the name/path of a cargo 3d model?
according to the game code I'm looking at CargoType= takes a relative path to the object (i.e. data\Library\object file name\object name - just like the scopes are defined in the .sns files)
Old 06-25-13, 04:42 AM   #2149
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Here is another error i get with show game message enabled .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-13, 05:46 PM   #2150
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandongogogo View Post
so.. it cant be fixed?
Did you read what I told you? at the moment this bug not fixed yet..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandongogogo View Post
just got curious about the game validator, ran it and i get a lot of missing file errors.. but my game runs like a charm with 70 mods on. is it ok?
No, it's not OK.. that's bad..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-13, 01:16 AM   #2151
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

found 2 reasons so far why aircraft carriers and not spawning aircraft if they have airgroups assigned to them:
1) game was doing incorrect comparison of current game date to airgroup's exit date (it was checking if airgroups exit date > current game date and if so skip over code for possibly creating aircraft - they meant <)
2) carrier's airgroups were being treated exactly like land based airgroups again! This means the Default Air Strike Probability was being applied to them. That is going to change to 100% probability if it's a carrier (thus they get the chance to launch some number of aircraft). Also the nighttime modifier was being applied to them (carriers). I'm going to remove that if they are carriers (I may change that to a small value 0.1-0.25 so that if it's nighttime there's the small chance they will not launch aircraft).

That's all I've found so far...the function for this is HUGE! I'm sure there will be more to come because it's quite obvious there was no QC on the code at all
Old 06-28-13, 02:59 AM   #2152
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Any code in there for this stuff in special abilities ?
probably a leftover from SH4 ?
; for player abilities - no implementation ( not working )
;
; CallReconnaissanceAircraftsFromAirbaseLand
; CallReconnaissanceAircraftsFromCarrierSea
; CommandGermanAuxiliaryCruiser
; CommandGermanHeavyCruiser
; CommandJapaneseCruiserGroup
; CommandJapaneseTaskforce

Last edited by THE_MASK; 06-28-13 at 06:32 AM.
Old 06-29-13, 01:58 AM   #2153
pokerchiko
Swabbie

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0
Default Torpedo problem

Hi guys!

Greetings from Croatia.This is my first post and I would first like to thank you all for your great work and for making SH5 an enjoyable experience.
But it seems that I have a problem and couldn't find solution anywhere on this forum.I applied TDW exe patch with DarkWraith's patching ut and checked all torpedo fixes from SHSim_patch and now when I go to training mission (TDW Torpedo tutorial)and set fast 90 attack my every magnetic torp detonates too early and each impact torpedo is a dud.Now I understand that back than torpedo failure percentage was high but since I applied the patch none of my torpedo hits no matter how many of them i fire and magnetic torpedo failure always seems to happen on a same place.And the same happens every time I play the mission.And another thing - I miss when gyroscope is in 0 position,then I open another tube,turn the scope and fire again and ...WHAT??Torpedo starts to follow the target but all of the sudden it changes the course and starts to run in circle arround my U-Boat??
Please help and thank you!

List of installed mods:
NewUI's_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith
Wamphyri's Plane Mod
IRAI_0_0_39_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_39_Inertia_Damage
TDW_IRAI_Inertia_Damage_Test
Trevally Tutorials - All v0.2 (for TDW UI)
Trevally Automated Scripts v0.6
Manos Scopes-patch for 16x9
NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_Real_Navigation
pokerchiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-13, 02:25 AM   #2154
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

In the torpedoes patches there is an entry that say Files. If that doesn't say None then you need to double click it. You will find an updated torpedoes.sim file that needs to be placed in your \data\Library when you double click it. This updated torpedoes.sim file is needed to work with the torpedoe patches (torpedoe patch requires ALL values to be in range 0.0-1.0)

Trying to use the stock torpedoes .sim file will give you the problems you are experiencing and more

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 06-29-13 at 02:40 AM.
Old 06-29-13, 02:39 AM   #2155
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

test version 1.0.117.0 released here: http://www.mediafire.com/?yhr4ra8t4ggy6bq

This is for testing the new carriers launching aircraft patch. Let me know if you have any problems or if they are spawning too many aircraft or the frequency of the spawning if too much/little. Looking for feedback.

Pay attention to the Files and Notes of the new carriers patch. Ensure to double click them in the app!

Backup your files first or use a save game you don't care about in case you get a CTD. It shouldn't cause one but you never know

Ultimately I will be adding two new entries to the \data\Cfg\AirStrike.cfg file:
Carrier Default Air Strike Probability and
Carrier Night Modifier

Once it has been coded in the game will look for these entries in the file. If they don't exist then the default values I have coded in will be used (100 and 0.75)

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 06-29-13 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-29-13, 02:47 AM   #2156
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Any code in there for this stuff in special abilities ?
probably a leftover from SH4 ?
; for player abilities - no implementation ( not working )
;
; CallReconnaissanceAircraftsFromAirbaseLand
; CallReconnaissanceAircraftsFromCarrierSea
; CommandGermanAuxiliaryCruiser
; CommandGermanHeavyCruiser
; CommandJapaneseCruiserGroup
; CommandJapaneseTaskforce
Haven't seen anything related to these yet. I did stumble upon the SH4 code (in the SH5.exe) for calling in the scout aircraft. How was this used/done in SH4
Old 06-29-13, 04:11 AM   #2157
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Haven't seen anything related to these yet. I did stumble upon the SH4 code (in the SH5.exe) for calling in the scout aircraft. How was this used/done in SH4
I dunno , i have a couple of SH4 that i havnt taken out of the packets . I did play it for a while but that was years ago .
Old 06-29-13, 09:40 AM   #2158
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
test version 1.0.117.0 released here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ocd22n5kc2o509y

This is for testing the new carriers launching aircraft patch.
At last! Well done TDW
Old 06-29-13, 12:38 PM   #2159
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

do you think I should randomize the airgroup units spawned veterancy level? Currently they inherit the veterancy level of the unit (carrier or landbase) that spawned them

I think it would add more difficulty and realism as some pilots could be normal to new and some could be aces or very well trained...
Old 06-29-13, 01:08 PM   #2160
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
do you think I should randomize the airgroup units spawned veterancy level? Currently they inherit the veterancy level of the unit (carrier or landbase) that spawned them

I think it would add more difficulty and realism as some pilots could be normal to new and some could be aces or very well trained...
I don't think so. I think that air squadrons were composed by pilots who were trained more or less at the same time and within the same training squadrons. Not taking into account individual factors, significant differences in their skills would have been unlikely.

I would rather make airgroup veterancy independent from the one of their carrier