SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-25-07, 09:55 AM   #946
Snakeeyes
Captain

Location: trailing 1400 yards behind an Oscar-II with my outer doors open
Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

You guys are unbelievable!
Old 03-25-07, 10:00 AM   #947
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 10:51 AM   #948
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 135
Default Re:

Good picture.
denis_469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 03:57 PM   #949
Reckall
Watch

Downloads: 52

Hi all!

First of all, I join the list of others who already said "thank you!" to the creators of GWX. I'm playing version 1.2 with SH3 Commander and I'm having a blast (having recently bought a copy of "The War Illustrated" encyclopedia by Sir John Hammerton also helps in getting in the mood :p - but not when you read about the "brilliant actions of the British destroyers against the U-Boats" )

I have a question: after a couple of careers out of Wilhelmshaven ended in tragedy, I decided to try my fortune with a Type II in the Baltic, and I set my destination to the Hel/Danzig area (I started on Sept, 1st 1939, so it sounded logical). After some encounters with neutrals I finally arrived near Hel - ending a submerged sprint run straight on the path of a Polish destroyer patrolling the harbour approaches. Luckily she didn't noticed me, so, after some thinking, I decided not to risk, and blasted the enemy ship into next week with a couple of torpedoes (my first warship kill ever in GWX).

Problem is: I would have expected to stir an hornet nest in the harbour, with other warships maybe chasing me et al. Instead, everything remained quiet. I was able to sneak into the harbour (where two other destroyers were moored) and to sink a cargo (it turned out that she was from a neutral country - oooops) and one of the two destroyers. I was then able to slip away unnoticed - like if the area were totally devoid of life.

Shouldn't harbour attacks cause some kind of reaction in moored warships and in the surrounding area? I understand that there is an element of "surprise", but it took me almost 40 mins. (game time) to get into firing position after the first sinking, and I would have expected some machineguns streaks and searchlights turning up all over the place.

This is my first harbour attack in GWX. Was I merely lucky or there is a limitation in the engine when trying to simulate coastal defences? A good workaroud could be to place in harbours some "placeholder" small ships, with no speed and only machineguns, small shells and searchlights to simulate the local defences.

Last edited by Reckall; 03-25-07 at 04:36 PM.
Reckall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 05:08 PM   #950
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Hi
The area aound Hel could do with some beefing up
The final patch will add some more stuff to the baltic region

There is a limitation in the game engine in so far as docked ships will fire at you if spotted but wont move
Make the most of the easy harbours as there arent many of them left now - or wont be after 1.03

:rotfl:

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-07, 06:59 AM   #951
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Default GWX Patch 1.03 RELEASED

GWX Patch 1.03 is now available for download.

Description

Like GWX Patch 1.02, GWX Patch 1.03 is a fix only patch that continues to address concerns that have been raised since GWX was first released. Specifically, the intent of this patch is to provide a fix for the often reported "sinking/floating ship" phenomenon, a phenomenon that has existed since SH3 was first released but inadvertantly accentuated through GWX.

In addition to this fix, an OFFICIAL alternative to GWX's positive buoyancy behaviour is also included. It is not simply the stock SH3 files reintroduced, but a full adjustment of the GWX files. You'll end up with settings similar to stock, but without losing the U-boat surface behaviour and other characteristics that GWX introduced.

Other features include: new swallowtail naval ensigns where appropriate; revamped and expanded German radio messages; generic roundels for three more planes; a fix for the stock SH3 missing gun turret texture problem and the usual plethora of campaign enhancements. Specifically, the latest additions are:

Quote:
- Updated manual
- Fixed "sinking/floating ship" phenomenon - you should no longer return to a port of sinking ships!
- Added "Reduced positive buoyancy" optional mod - player U-boats now exhibit de/ascending behaviour closer to stock SH3 but with a very slight positive buoyancy. GWX surface physics are maintained
- Corrected Allied/Axis alignment dates for numerous countries
- Adjusted campaign files to suit corrected Allied/Axis dates
- Altered Roster files for Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Venezuela to suit corrected Allied/Axis dates
- Added port defences for Dunkirk, Cherbourg and Calais
- Increased port defences at Scapa and Freetown
- Reinstated port of Tallinn and added traffic and defences
- Reinstated port of Oslo and added traffic
- Reinstated port of Stavanger and added traffic
- Corrected Pillau to be German at start of war
- Corrected appearance dates on Hunt I, Flower, Gneisenau, Scharnhorst, Bluecher, depot ship, Liberty and Victory
- Added Russian traffic from the Latvian, Lithuanian and Estonian ports when under Russian occupation
- Added German traffic to same ports when under German occupation
- Added some German traffic from Finland when they are Axis
- Rescripted Op Weserubung to include all 6 Kreigsmarine Gruppe taking part in the Norway invasion
- Added Seetransportstaffel 1 and 2 as well as the Tanker staffel and Ausfuhr Staffel (export echelon)
- Added Air patrols over North Sea and leaving Germany
- Added AI Uboats patrolling close to historic placings
- Added first and second battles of Narvik, including British TF with HMS Rodney that comes under Luftwaffe attack
- Added lit ships to French roster
- Rewrote French convoys when neutral to use lit shipping
- Cloned VsmallAirbase to make airbase to cover the Atlantic airgap from 1943 on
- Reduced Max Radius for Hurricane to provide aircover close inshore but not miles out to sea
- Moved the Belfast and Cornwall airbases inline with reduced coverage
- Added Welsh airbase to complete coverage of Irish sea
- Reduced Hurricanes in squadron to 1 for 1939-41
- Reduced the amount of air attack, especially in 1939
- Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Norway, Poland and Sweden now display correct "swallowtail" Naval Ensigns
- Corrected Belgium Naval Ensign
- Corrected Flaggenbuch dates and updated to reflect new flags
- Updated Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Norway, Poland and Sweden Recognition Manual Covers
- Removed Czechia and Slovakia Recognition Manual Covers
- New and corrected German language radio messages
- Modified certain ship descriptions to ensure correct display in Museum
- Returned missing bow cannon to Schnellboot
- Corrected AI VIIC with VIIC/4 tower object problem
- Corrected guns.dat to properly display turret textures
- Corrected loadouts for numerous warships
- Added generic roundel fix for Anson, Kingfisher and Beaufighter
- Minor corrections to P38, Arado, Walrus, Hudson A-28, Hudson Mk.3 and Wellington models
- Positioned Leigh Light on Kingfisher
- B-24 roundel size increased
- B-24 Level Bomber now use's its own markings
- Corrected position of Leigh Light on Catalina
- Anson added to Egypt, Finland, Free French, France, Greece, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland and Turkey
- Beaufighter added to America, Australia, Newzealand and Poland
- Kingfisher added to Argentina, Australia, Mexico, Netherlands, Uruguay and England
- Updated Japanese and Russian Aircraft markings
- Corrected IXC roster file
- Corrected typo in Knots to Kilometers conversion table sheet - 188.53 now 118.53
- Corrected German Help file display
All appropriate credits are included in the updated manual.

A few screenshots highlighting some of the changes:

Swallowtail naval ensigns (thanks to Diving Duck and Ref)

A fix for the stock SH3 missing gun turret texture problem (thanks to Ichneumon and Ref)

Corrected Leigh light placement on the Catalina (thanks to SquareSteelBar)

Requirements

GWX Patch 1.03 must be installed over a copy of Silent Hunter III containing GWX (with or without existing hotfixes or patches).

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PATCH INCLUDES ALL PREVIOUS PATCHES AND HOTFIXES! Just install it straight over your clean GWX, whatever version it is.

Download

Visit http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/GWX/ and download from any of the available links under "HOTFIXES AND PATCHES".

Installation

Before installing:

- REMOVE any installed SH3 Commander files (if you use "SH3 Commander") by pressing the "Rollback SH3" button from within SH3 Commander.

- DISABLE all activated modifications if you use the "Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler" (JSGME). You cannot use JSGME to install GWX Patch 1.03, but you can use JSGME to activate other modifications after GWX Patch 1.03 is installed.

- ENSURE your active careers are all safely docked in port!
It is important that you follow these steps as the installer will look for SH3 Commander and JSGME files and will halt if any are found. Likewise the installer will halt if it does not find certain key GWX files. If you have problems installing this patch PLEASE CONSULT http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/GWX...lerErrors.html BEFORE POSTING HERE!

After installing:

GWX Patch 1.03 includes all GWX fixes released to date. You do not need to re-install any previous GWX patch or hotfix after patch 1.03. Indeed, this patch will delete from JSGME any previous patches or hotfixes that it finds.

Please note that the GWX Manual has been updated. Take the time to review the manual before posting questions. For your convenience, a printer friendly version of the GWX 1.03 Manual can be viewed on-line via the GWX webpage.

Compatibility

- Please do not assume that third-party mods compatible with previous versions of GWX are compatible with GWX 1.03. If in doubt, consult the modder.

- Whilst most existing careers will continue to work with GWX 1.03, the sheer magnitude of the campaign changes means that the GWX team can not guarantee that all existing careers will continue to work.

- SH3 Commander users currently running GWX 1.02 do NOT need to update their SH3 Commander files to run GWX 1.03. The current files are compatible with GWX 1.03. SH3 Commander users upgrading from a pre-1.02 version of GWX MUST d/l and install the latest GWX config files. D/l http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/GWX...fg4SH3Cmdr.zip and install as instructed.

Finally

Once again I am very pleased with the result of this patch and want to expressly thank all the contributing modders and testers for making it all happen. Great stuff as always guys.

Now for those who are wondering when the latest units and textures will be added to GWX, please be advised that the guys have already started working on it! Indeed, I anticipate that the next (final?) GWX release will primarily be new content. That's something to look forward to.

Purple Monkey Dishwasher
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-07, 07:04 AM   #952
Potoroo
Navy Dude

Downloads: 1

If someone would make the 1.03 patch available via BitTorrent I'd be most grateful.
Old 03-26-07, 07:07 AM   #953
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

FYI the online "printer friendly" 1.03 version of the manual may take a few more hours to become available (waiting for it to be u/l before release would have meant another unnecessary 24 hour delay).

A few more d/l links will be added as they become available.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-07, 07:21 AM   #954
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potoroo
If someone would make the 1.03 patch available via BitTorrent I'd be most grateful.
Grab the torrent file here - http://s4.quicksharing.com/v/568408/...e.torrent.html

It's only just been created, so give it time to establish the link.

If you can let me know when you have it, I can stop seeding. Unless others want it.
Old 03-26-07, 08:59 AM   #955
poor sailor
XO

Downloads: 15

Many thanks GWX team! Also many thanks for aliving the La Rochelle harbour, I think that's BBW have some great job there Only one question for JScones, is additional mod for 3.flotilla compatible with GWX v.1.03?
poor sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-07, 09:04 AM   #956
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

Please don't quote me on the 3 Flotilla but I don't think there are any problems in using it with GWX 1.03
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-07, 10:07 AM   #957
Marko_Ramius
Frogman

Downloads: 109

Really guys from GWX team : I love you !! LoL !

Just a question : No problems with the combined skin pack ? ( I guess not, just in case )
Marko_Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-07, 10:11 AM   #958
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko_Ramius
Just a question : No problems with the combined skin pack?(I guess not, just in case)
None at all.
Old 03-26-07, 10:24 AM   #959
_Seth_
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 93

A big thanx for this, mates! you are doing an incredible job, guys!! Kudos!

_Seth_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-07, 11:22 AM   #960
Meridian
Frogman

Downloads: 625

I think the fatigue modelling may have been screwed up somehow.

I just installed 1.03 clean and used the GW 8 hour model in SH3 Commander. I started a patrol and so far i've been out 24 hours and my crew isn't even tired.

Using 1.02 it was fine. Any ideas what happened guys?

Thanks
Meridian is offline   Reply With Quote