SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-11-09, 07:24 AM   #76
Chinese U-47
Ensign

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

I also did other small changes,like make the flags disappeared when ship sank under water.And the land units could be destroyed now,such like that.
Chinese U-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-09, 07:34 AM   #77
Lagger123987
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 323
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinese U-47
And the land units could be destroyed now,such like that.
Nice, useful for invasions like Normandy while the ships are bombarding the coast.
Old 01-11-09, 07:48 AM   #78
Chinese U-47
Ensign

Wolf Ocean MOD has up to V3.2 now,after all these MOD still fight in u-boats,I want to command a battleship.
I trust most of you have the same mind too.When SH4 Pocket Battleship MOD is out,I download one and tested it,it's not perfect but it's great,after this MOD,there are soon a dozen SH4 Warship MODs out.
At the same time I also think about to make SH3 Warship MOD.I failed a lot of times and at last I make my ship running on the sea.
My first ship:Hipper

But I soon found it's not hard to make the ship running on sea,the reall problem is how to make all the guns fire!

Except M01,S01,A01,A02,no guns fire,that means,this heavy cruiser is just a big Liner,it's a big joke.It's very happy to stand on a cruiser tower,but except this,it's nothing.

I tried,and studied every SH4 Warship Mod I can get,at last,I know one thing:it's harder to make SH3 Warship MOD,more problems.

Lucky,I work out the problem now,from TB-1937,until Yamato,everything work better and better now.
Old 01-11-09, 07:53 AM   #79
Chinese U-47
Ensign

[/quote]

I can't wait to download this, currently over at my friend's place for a party. Also, Chinese U-47, Hopefully or team of modders can help out ivank with his Suface Warfare Super Mod in SH4, I play both by the way.[/quote]

He has give me a message,and I tell him I'll join his team after my Warship MOD finished.
Old 01-11-09, 08:00 AM   #80
Chinese U-47
Ensign

Battleship from SH4 also got a lot of questions,like they get the wrong main guns......I fixed them all.

Old 01-11-09, 08:05 AM   #81
Chinese U-47
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagger123987
Quote:
Nice, useful for invasions like Normandy while the ships are bombarding the coast.
Right,and in war of the Pacific Ocean,they are a lot of landing battles,like Guam,in my MOD US BB would fight with Jap land defense there.
Old 01-11-09, 08:10 AM   #82
Chinese U-47
Ensign

Quote:
Quote:
But Wolf Ocean MOD V1.0 has failed.As I get too many ai u-boats into career,no one's computer can run it well.And these u-boat's ai is very bad,they are so foolish that they could hardy do something good.
So I improved their ai,and reduce their number,well,V2.0 is out on July 2008.And it succeed,after V2.0 I made V2.1,V2.2,everything work well.
In summer vacation I planned to add Asia into MOD,as I think the battle of Pacific Ocean is also very important.So I downed some SH4toSH3 ship MOD in subsim,studied what these SH4 ships changed so they can run in SH3 as well as other SH3 ship.And I get the answer,then I turned most of SH4 warship to SH3.Oh,the aircraft too.
By the way,in this time I found SH4 is just half-finished,it's very clearly that a lot of SH4 units havn't been take seriously.Like this plane in the photo,its bomb point makes bomb upright.God,it cost a lot of my time to fix these.
haha, bomb sticking on the plane the wrong way, that's what happen when a company rushed a game instead of taking time like what they did to SH3.
In units from SH4,there are too many bugs like that,that's also a reason why I don't like to make SH4 MOD:That's not make MOD,that's finish UBI's uncomplete job.It seems I havn't get any pay from UBI yet
Old 01-11-09, 08:10 AM   #83
Lagger123987
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Right,and in war of the Pacific Ocean,they are a lot of landing battles,like Guam,in my MOD US BB would fight with Jap land defense there.
Sounds like the mod is already done, just waiting for the date to release it.
Old 01-11-09, 08:11 AM   #84
Lagger123987
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
But Wolf Ocean MOD V1.0 has failed.As I get too many ai u-boats into career,no one's computer can run it well.And these u-boat's ai is very bad,they are so foolish that they could hardy do something good.
So I improved their ai,and reduce their number,well,V2.0 is out on July 2008.And it succeed,after V2.0 I made V2.1,V2.2,everything work well.
In summer vacation I planned to add Asia into MOD,as I think the battle of Pacific Ocean is also very important.So I downed some SH4toSH3 ship MOD in subsim,studied what these SH4 ships changed so they can run in SH3 as well as other SH3 ship.And I get the answer,then I turned most of SH4 warship to SH3.Oh,the aircraft too.
By the way,in this time I found SH4 is just half-finished,it's very clearly that a lot of SH4 units havn't been take seriously.Like this plane in the photo,its bomb point makes bomb upright.God,it cost a lot of my time to fix these.
haha, bomb sticking on the plane the wrong way, that's what happen when a company rushed a game instead of taking time like what they did to SH3.
In units from SH4,there are too many bugs like that,that's also a reason why I don't like to make SH4 MOD:That's not make MOD,that's finish UBI's uncomplete job.It seems I havn't get any pay from UBI yet
yeah, imagine you guys team up with the SH3-4 developers, SH5 will be the best there is.
Old 01-11-09, 08:12 AM   #85
Chinese U-47
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427
Quote:
Do you think it is possable to copy SH IV water into SH III? What I mean is the way you can see through the water under the surface.
the games have similar engines. but they are not the same car.
the SH4 engine is a step up from SH3, with various modifications made to SH3 graphics to make the new graphics more realistic. Dont fret, there is a Surface-warfare mod coming out for SH4 that i am working with (kinda, no PC at the mo)
Better answer than I can make.
Old 01-11-09, 08:14 AM   #86
Chinese U-47
Ensign

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sounds like the mod is already done, just waiting for the date to release it.
lol In China,a lot of SH3er have play this for several month.Just I havn't make its English version yet.
Old 01-11-09, 08:29 AM   #87
Chinese U-47
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiß Pinguin
Wow, some incredible work here! Commanding battleships (Or destroyers even) would be a fun change from the slow, silent world of the submarine.

I've always thought a Destroyer Command remake would be cool. (Funnily enough, Destroyer Command is what got me into Silent Hunter III lol)
In fact I'm a fresh bird to most of you,I just play SH3 for 1 year,that's also the time I have my computer.But I have been a military fan for more than 10 years(someone doesn't believe me,as I'm just 22),especially been a warship fan.When I was very very young,maybe 5 or 6,I saw a picture of Iowa main guns fire a volley,wait......I found this picture,I suppose most of you saw it before.Wow,it's great,I love this!
So,I think I can say I've get ready for doing a Warship MOD for more than 15 years,haha.
Old 01-11-09, 08:46 AM   #88
Weiss Pinguin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 101

Quote:
Heh, if Ubi paid all you modders for your work cleaning up bugs and even finishing various aspects of the game, they would be broke twice over.
Old 01-11-09, 11:32 AM   #89
Lord_FLB
Seaman

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Just I havn't make its English version yet.
Ahoi Chinese U-47,

maybe I'll be able to help... a friend of mine has worked 6 years in China and is speaking AND reading Chinese very well - perhaps I can catch him for a translation... I will ask him this week...!

Last edited by Lord_FLB; 01-11-09 at 01:29 PM.
Lord_FLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-09, 01:09 PM   #90
A Very Super Market
The Old Man

Downloads: 0

Crikey, this is getting better by the minute!

The entire German garrison of Vanviken, right here in your thread!
A Very Super Market is offline   Reply With Quote