SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-17, 10:40 AM   #1
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0
Default Falcon 4 BMS

I don't see much mention of flight sims 'round here. But there has to be some cross-over. And for us Silent Hunter fans spoiled by great dynamic campaigns, there is another sim that has a great one, and in my opinion, the greatest sim campaign of all, Falcon 4.

F4 was released back in 1998. It's come a long way since then. There are a few version choices for a virtual Viper driver, but for me the best choice is the BMS mod.

https://www.bmsforum.org/forum/content.php

The F-16 is modeled in painstaking detail, and it's true that it is a steep learning curve. Not everyone will take to a sim like this. But if you like combat jets and an amazing virtual war to fly them in, F4 BMS is the best thing going. Forget the rubbish heap that is DCS. Pick up a copy of Falcon 4.0 at GOG.com and download BMS. Cost: $10

The campaign is fantastic. It's a virtual war that rolls on with or without you. I'm sure most of you know about this already. It's complex. For anyone interested, I've done a campaign guide over at SimHQ. Read it here

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph...ns#Post4336426

A few shots showing F4 BMS

For best results a full HOTAS and Track IR are recommended. I use a Cougar. This sim is fantastic, in my opinion the very best there is. It's not easy, and takes effort to become proficient. But if you put the time in, you'll be rewarded with the best jet combat simulator out there.