SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Which version of TSWSM are you looking forward to?
Version 1 156 20.77%
Version 2 79 10.52%
Version 3 29 3.86%
Version 4 77 10.25%
All of them 488 64.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 751. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-12, 12:01 PM   #946
tomhugill
Planesman

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0

Basically we have most of the surface element ready to go, there was some issue with ctds which where being sorted out and then all we really needed was a proper campaign. We where integrating the mod with op monsoon with lurkers permission but I'm not sure how far that had gotten.
tomhugill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 06:58 PM   #947
A-ganger

Downloads: 38

Please keep us posted then about this mod?
7499275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 07:54 PM   #948
chrislong
Nub

Downloads: 2

hello sorry to be asking but haven,t seen anything lately so is the mod still being made ?
chrislong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12, 07:11 PM   #949
Nemesis1024
Seaman

Downloads: 399

*points up*

What he said

How's the progress going guys?
Nemesis1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-12, 08:19 PM   #950
richardphat
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 17

Hi, do you happen to be interested adding the Queen Victoria from Navyfield ?

I happen to have modeled a version of it, currently I am having issue since I never touch texturing until now. I could send you my files if you are interested.
richardphat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-12, 12:14 PM   #951
Karle94
The Old Man

Downloads: 253

You mean this:

It looks aweful. I believe the guys at UUW is making that one.

Find my mods here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/lzgciodldp58p/SH4_Mods
My SH4 blog here:
http://karle94.blogspot.com/
Karle94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-12, 07:17 PM   #952
richardphat
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 17

Something like that, I began to work 2 years ago and what is holding me is texturing since I haven' had any lesson or seen a decent blender tutorial yet.

richardphat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-12, 04:26 PM   #953
polyfiller
Weps

Downloads: 40

Just to remind folks where we got to on this .... .the ops monsoon integraiton work was completed. I didn't get CTD's ... but I did find some issues with damage model when testing in campaign mode... can't remember exaclty the issue.... but it's also worht pointing out that I hand't even scrathed the surface of testing / bug fixing .. I just know i runs with OM and I removed any conflicts with OM files when doing so.
polyfiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-12, 03:05 AM   #954
Nemesis1024
Seaman

Downloads: 399

Although I don't know much about modding I could offer my services as a beta tester if needed? Have beta tested various MMO games in the past to name some: NavyField, Pirates of the Burning Sea and the more recent Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Just some food for thought.

Cheers

Nem
Nemesis1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-12, 08:31 AM   #955
polyfiller
Weps

OK folks, this is a heads up to a possible Beta / alpha / substantially bug ridden pre-release of the TSWSM.

I have re-started work on this mod and need to limit how much I do before releasing what will be unfinished and full of bugs.

The main reason for the release is to create some renewed interested and to draw some additional people into helping out with the work required to turn this into a more complete mod.

To run this you will need the UBoat missions add on to SH4 PLUS Ops Monsun V705, Ops Monsun V705 to 720 upgrade, Ops Monsun V720 Patch.

What to expect;

1) Multiple playable surface ships for a US, UK & Germany.
2) Custom damage model enable all key components to be displayed as damaged and repaired..
3) Customized ship handling and "bigger" seas - so these babies look more realistic when the going gets rough.
4) Customized muzzle flash and sound for the battleship main guns.
5) Working depth charges controlled by the player if playing as a destroyer.
6) Computer controlled U-boats (only German right now) which will engage you and fire torpedoes at you.
7) Computer controlled cruisers also have ability to lob torpedoes at you.
8) As far as I could make them, historically accurate radar operation - I tuned each radar set to detect at ranges I was able to research on t'web... I did not mess with the 3D models ... I can't do that stuff.
9) Includes one of the radar graphic contacts mod for the radar screen - can't remember which one.
10) Some torpedo attack planes will now do as their names sugests ... they'll lob torps at you.
12) Sorted out visibility and gun accuracy as much as I am able to. So far the longest range engagement I've been able to conduct is out to about 20km. The game engine makes accuracy horrible, despite messing with special abilities and gun seetings.
13) Re-balanced all ships armour vs. gun balancing so that things line up and play alomst as you'd expect historically ... dont' think this is absolutely right, but I did alot and cna't remember what I had not finished.

OK, so now some folk might be getting excited ... here's what I need to do before release;

1) Create some allied European bases and populate with the ships so you can start a career. Can't remember how to do this so ned to do some reading.

2) Test sail all ships at start of career.

3) Resolve some minor playability bugs with some of the ships.

Credits etc......

Much of what is included in the mod was built up over 2 years ... much of it is 5 years old. I will post credits to those I am able to trace / remember. If anyone objects to content being used, I'll pull it (I honestly don't know who to contact over much of it).... and also not that I, in no way, take credit for the bulk of the graphical content (3D stuff) or some of the clever stuff like depth charges etc ..... all I have done is pull it together and done a bucket load of gameplay work, especially around damage models.

So wich me luck. Anyone wanting to help out with item 1) above, please contact me urgently.

Thanks.

Can't believe I just decided to do this ..... arrghhhh !
Old 09-19-12, 02:27 AM   #956
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

Hey Poly, as part of the "Command" section of the group, let me know what you will need help with, what I can do, and when you need it done, I'll back you up
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-12, 06:04 AM   #957
polyfiller
Weps

Sledge - good to hear from you.

What I am stuck on right now is knowledge regarding how to add new career start bases. I want to add Scappa Flow etc as career start points... I've started working it out for myself ... but it would be good to get input from someone who knows how to do this.
Old 09-19-12, 02:54 PM   #958
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

I don't know either...per se. I remember when digging through the Flotilla.upc files, there were the base names and then a set of coordinates.

Like, here's Pearl Harbor
Quote:
[Flotilla 1.Base 1]
ID= PearlHarbor
NameDisplayable= Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
ExternalBaseName=Pearl Harbor
AvailabilityInterval= NULL, NULL
DepartureDescription1= -18954703, 2562919, 45.918098 ; Enum of available points, choose one randomly each time a patrol is started
DepartureDescription2= -18954874, 2563059, 46.252201
DepartureDescriptionOut1= -18957616, 2548824, 242.189346 ; Enum of starting points for when the player selects the option to start outside the base
The bolded section, I'm guessing, controls where your boat is when you start. I haven't tried anything to that regard but if you find the game coordinates for scapa flow and transplant them into an existing base you might get that to work. I'm not 100% sure on that.
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-12, 04:39 PM   #959
polyfiller
Weps

OK folks, so I got UK naval bases added and enabled as start points for American career.

What I'm trying to work out is how to modify all the campaign files for OM so that the traffic, convoys etc. are available within an Allied as opposed to a German career.

I tried copying one of the .MIS files (EU coastal traffic) into the US campaign folder and then added it to the bottom of campaign.cfg, but none of the traffic shows up.

Do we have any experts on how to build campaigns ?
Old 09-30-12, 08:50 PM   #960
Yamato_NF
King of the Ocean

Downloads: 621

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardphat View Post
Something like that, I began to work 2 years ago and what is holding me is texturing since I haven' had any lesson or seen a decent blender tutorial yet.

is that CATIA V5?!
Ive used that program alot, maybe i can help!

"He who controls the seas controls the world."
Yamato_NF is offline   Reply With Quote