SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-02-08, 09:35 PM   #1
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0
Anyone have Yahoo mail and use Opera?

I recently went back to Opera after having Firefox 3 eternally piss me off. Ever since FF3's release I have been getting endless program hangs and crashes and it takes forever to actually shut down (in the mean time it uses 99% processor power so everything lags) (I reinstalled FF3 numerous times and deleted my profile before, too). Many times I will just terminate it using Windows Task Manager. Anyway, one of the quirks I forgot about and quickly got reminded of was the fact that Opera doesn't play nice with Yahoo mail. I have my mail set to the new style, but I also tried the classic style (hate it and it doesn't even work right). I much prefer the new style. I use my Yahoo address as my main address. I don't use my ISP for practically anything. Opera cannot load my address book if I click the TO button while composing a message. I apparently cannot upload attachments as they never complete. I am willing to bet I cannot download attachments, either, even though I haven't tried yet. I cannot go directly to a message from the main Yahoo page. It will ask me to sign in again and that just becomes a dead end. Right now it is between IE6 or FF3 to use my Yahoo mail. I don't like IE6, but I am really sore with FF3. I really like Opera, but everytime I use it I run into walls like this one.

I forgot to mention I have Opera 9.62. I just updated Java today and Flash the other day.

Last edited by Syxx_Killer; 12-02-08 at 09:50 PM.
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-08, 01:16 AM   #2
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

I haven't actually tried FF3, I still use 2, any problems installing that version?

Sub captains go down with their ship!

Last edited by Reece; 12-03-08 at 01:17 AM.
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-08, 08:45 AM   #3
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21

I never had any problems that I can remember with FF2. Maybe I oughtta go back to FF2? Another thing I like about Opera is it seems faster than FF ever was. I just wish it would play nice with Yahoo.
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote