SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-27-09, 07:33 PM   #16
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER
i got a report that the biskaya kreuz (biskay cross) also should be invisable underwater. heres a link to see one:http://www.uboataces.com/radar-warning.shtml
Can't help on that one, never heard of it.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-09, 09:40 PM   #17
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
Quote:
i got a report that the biskaya kreuz (biskay cross) also should be invisable underwater. heres a link to see one:http://www.uboataces.com/radar-warning.shtml

Peabody
thing is, i found the "metox" in the Senzori_UBoot.dat

its what they used before the biscay cross yet looking at everything in the tree and nothing about the cross
Old 02-27-09, 10:29 PM   #18
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Peabody
thing is, i found the "metox" in the Senzori_UBoot.dat

its what they used before the biscay cross yet looking at everything in the tree and nothing about the cross
If you look in the 3D preview window, there is a whole row of stuff, but nothing looks like the cross in German, American or ships, or even the AI_senors.dat that is not in the folders (just in the library)
Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-09, 02:26 AM   #19
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
If you look in the 3D preview window, there is a whole row of stuff, but nothing looks like the cross in German, American or ships, or even the AI_senors.dat that is not in the folders (just in the library)
Peabody
well back in october "Mikhayl" gave me this list of needed fixes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
It's difficult to draw a line between "issues" and "things that could be enhanced". Some people started "fixing things" and ended up with a 1.5GB supermod

anyway, in sensors.dat, sim, etc, for german boats :
-wrong axis of rotation for german KDB hydrophone (model needs to be turned 90° in a 3D studio and reimported)
-hydrophones can "hear" ships when your submarine is surfaced
-"biskaya kreuz" shouldn't be visible underwater, same for the UZO

i sent him a PM to try and get more info but heard nothing yet and its been quite a few days with no response so im flying blind here.

i'll post a general query in ATO thread and see if anyone speaks up. it has been very hard to get any kind of imput about the german side of the game.

when i do my next GFO that will be it forever, i wont be updating or anything because for it to work it needs to be left as is perminently or nobody will make mods based on it as a new stock but fully patched game files.