SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-28-11, 09:12 PM   #1
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Default [REL] SALLAND SMALL MERCHANT FOR SH5

Here's a small neutral merchant ship of 1400 GRT; it is a fully functional unit that incurs damage, has destructible parts, and so on. All parts were built from scratch except for the anchors and human figures. I'm still learning how to create my own ship hulls - constructive criticism is welcome.

There is a test mission included and it shows up in Museum. More variants will be released, including armed versions for the Allied nations. Install using JSGME.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20275...RCHANT-v1.1.7z

Last edited by iambecomelife; 04-28-11 at 09:30 PM.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 11:48 PM   #2
Thunder
Soundman

Downloads: 182

Very nice job sir! With a variety of ships coming into the game i will certainly fire up the game again.Tx
Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-11, 12:02 AM   #3
James Cook
Seaman

Downloads: 91

thank you, dl now!

James Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-11, 02:16 AM   #4
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

It looks much more better in game than in pics. I see that you managed to add sailors too, which is great.

Really nice job, so if you dont mind I will take it over, skin it and place it in the upcoming campaign mod.
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-11, 03:00 AM   #5
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Looks great! I can´t wait to find to sink this ship!

Really great work, thank you very much!
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-11, 03:45 AM   #6
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Thanks for the ship! It's nice to see some crew up there! I had some issues testing this, it didn't seem to go down even after two torpedo hits and heavy deck gunning. It started to wobble from side to side, but I couldn't sink it. And the game crashed two times. Any other results? I guess it's kind of Beta-version state and I hope it will be fixed.
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 01:53 AM   #7
Zedi
Sea Lord

The texture of this ship is still embedded in the dat file? Because any changes on the tga file has no result in game. What im doing wrong?
And yea, my game freeze/crash too on torpedo impact
Old 04-30-11, 02:23 AM   #8
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
Thanks for the ship! It's nice to see some crew up there! I had some issues testing this, it didn't seem to go down even after two torpedo hits and heavy deck gunning. It started to wobble from side to side, but I couldn't sink it. And the game crashed two times. Any other results? I guess it's kind of Beta-version state and I hope it will be fixed.
That's strange; on my installation the ship sinks with no trouble. I installed from the uploaded version just to make absolutely sure, and there was no problem or CTD. Are you guys playing with any mods enabled that alter ship durability? On my version of SH5 the ship always sinks after 1 torpedo hit, and maybe 30-40 deck gun rounds.

Also, what are your system specs? The ship texture is very large compared to a SH3 ships, and I have found that large textures sometimes cause low-spec computers to crash while playing SH3.

Still, I will check to see what the source of the problem is.

And if it's not too much trouble, can you let me know if you still get crashes on "clean" SH5 installations?

Thank you.
Old 04-30-11, 02:31 AM   #9
Zedi
Sea Lord

Ow I know why the crash. Because is an allied ship and sinking an allied ship will crash the game. Not sure which mod cause this, but Stoian even caught this on video. So its no problem with your ship, false alarm

And pls anwer to question regarding the texture. Is that still embedded and if so, can you make a external dds or whatever file please.
Old 04-30-11, 02:50 AM   #10
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedi View Post
Ow I know why the crash. Because is an allied ship and sinking an allied ship will crash the game. Not sure which mod cause this, but Stoian even caught this on video. So its no problem with your ship, false alarm

And pls anwer to question regarding the texture. Is that still embedded and if so, can you make a external dds or whatever file please.
Forgot to add - try extracting the tga from the ship using S3ditor; the TGA in the ship's root directory was intended as a backup and is not actually used in game. To see any changes you must extract the TGA from the SALL.dat file with S3d, edit in photoshop or whatever, then import it back.
Old 04-30-11, 03:31 AM   #11
sentenc3
Helmsman

Downloads: 472

I have not had any problems with 3 torpedoes to sink, there was no CTD ... only thing is that the fire of the ship, had parts of fire to several meters above the ship
sentenc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 05:03 AM   #12
Zedi
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Forgot to add - try extracting the tga from the ship using S3ditor; the TGA in the ship's root directory was intended as a backup and is not actually used in game. To see any changes you must extract the TGA from the SALL.dat file with S3d, edit in photoshop or whatever, then import it back.
No go. Edited the DAT with S3E and replaced the image with a dds then back to the moded tga file with the new texture but still no changes in the game.. I really dunno what Im doing wrong.

And there is also a problem with the ship .sil file. I cannot open it and in the SOAN and recon manual.. looks weird.

Old 04-30-11, 06:27 AM   #13
Zedi
Sea Lord

Found where is the embeded image and now I placed a dds files for better quality. Looks much more better but now it need a Normal Map for this texture. I already done one, but how can I add it to the ship? Embedded or not.
Old 04-30-11, 06:52 AM   #14
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Does the ship have working damage textures and holes? I mean that if you shoot it with a deck gun or a torpedo, will there be holes in the structure? I didn't see it happen when I tested it briefly. That seems to be difficult to accomplish.

If this ship would have that effect, I would consider it 100 % working
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 07:52 AM   #15
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
Does the ship have working damage textures and holes? I mean that if you shoot it with a deck gun or a torpedo, will there be holes in the structure? I didn't see it happen when I tested it briefly. That seems to be difficult to accomplish.

If this ship would have that effect, I would consider it 100 % working
TDW is still working on this feature.

@Zedi, I am not very familiar with Normal Maps so try asking privateer or TDW about it.