SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-29-12, 01:23 PM   #121
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2
Default found it

yubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-12, 01:35 PM   #122
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Hey you guys, keep up the good work.
Old 04-29-12, 02:08 PM   #123
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Did it actually eject or was the node placed so it appeared at that spot?

All I get is a torp falling through the deck somewhat at this time.
Old 04-29-12, 02:30 PM   #124
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

On a side note, we're taking the boat out this thursday for our shakedown cruise, so I'll bee doing sound recording that day. My recording decive says it's MP3, that's how we want the files correct?
Old 04-29-12, 04:12 PM   #125
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139

Yeah, MP3 are easy to work with, and if you need to, there are free file convertors for sound files, and I think I even got one with a package I bought a couple years ago for watching, editing, and recording vids.

It has a whole bunch of formats it will convert.

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-12, 04:55 PM   #126
yubba
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
Did it actually eject or was the node placed so it appeared at that spot?

All I get is a torp falling through the deck somewhat at this time.
I had the t class installed a while back but never fired, I don't have nothing going on, I'll reinstalled it and check , man I got too get a life
Old 04-29-12, 05:00 PM   #127
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I remember when ref built the VIIA for SH4 that the torp fell through the deck also.

I'll test a thought I have how to solve it.
Old 04-29-12, 05:18 PM   #128
yubba
Admiral

yep you are right just fell straight down, now this is going to bug me to no end. The picture lies. and ctrl-enter still fires torpedoes

Last edited by yubba; 04-29-12 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-29-12, 06:09 PM   #129
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

@ yubba and Privateer,
Are you guys able to upload stuff to Neal's server? Yell, when you upload any updates to the pt-boat (109). It' would be nice to test stuff out, here and there.
Old 04-29-12, 06:37 PM   #130
yubba
Admiral

I sent him a request to upload the files I made, never got a reply back, you got them right, I'd tell folks how to do it but, that was 2 years ago and I forgot what I did, I know privateer could explain it, I guess it was in the upc file, just compare it with a sargo or a p class file and fill in the blanks,..
Old 04-30-12, 12:12 PM   #131
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
I really, REALLY, hope more people come on board for this!
..................... but I know people like peabody
and others could lend a hand if they choose to.
Privateer I am perfectly willing to help to the extend of my ability and knowledge. But with all due respect, it is not a matter of choice, it is a matter of time and ability (or lack of). I help anybody when I can. I am caring for a 90yr old mother with Alzheimer's and have some medical issues myself. That is one reason the IJN Campaign did not get finished. I ran into time problems and knowledge problems.

I will be glad to help if I can and when I can. But I do not know what you have done or need help with. That is why I posted when the torpedo tube and helmet issues when asked.

I have limited ability with 3D, I can do some, but not necessarily at your level.

Here are the helmets on the beta Pt-109, so it will work. I do not know if there is a lifevest on the Marine.dat since in S3D my 3D image is all black. I will try to investigate further.
I don't know why some are black and some are textured in S3D at least with stock items.

I did see a post where you had the anims done for the torps, and comments about the guns being ok, and I don't have any files that you are using for this boat, so ask, if I can help I will.

And animations don't 'scare' me, but sometimes I have a little trouble with rotation anims if the center is not 0,0,0. There was a mention of tubes like the Elco on early versions. I tried an anim on the torps but they just sit in the tubes. I was going to try to increase the eject time and then animate the tube with torp until it enters the water then have the eject take effect but I can not find anything to trigger it. Unless I am missing something, the firing may be hardcoded.

Peabody

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-12, 02:51 PM   #132
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

@Peabody,
Welcome aboard and thanks for the help. Anything you can do for the project is welcome.

I'd be willing to help with your Japanese campaign. What kind of help do you need?

@everybody

Maybe we could make a task list of stuff that needs to be done? So you can pick and choose what to work on.
Old 04-30-12, 06:18 PM   #133
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

Hi everybody,

Privateer contacted me recently and let me know that he may need a helping hand at modelling. I'll be this guy.

I would like it a lot if anyone could post an exhaustive list of all URLs you've got so far leading to good pics of this ship.
First and foremost, we need good quality blueprints to build the standard Higgins boat, then real life pics will be required, as we'll add many things/components featured on them depending on the place/time where/when they operated. For now, blueprints will do : side view, top view, as well as front and/or back view are essential - and sections may be helpful too, in order to do an accurate job building it. But don't hesitate to post a link if you ever have a good/rare shot featuring some details you'd like to see on this ship model later.

Not that I don't want to search for all of them by myself, but I think it may be easier to post these pics for someone who's got to follow the conversation from the day this thread was created.

Thanks in advance for your help, guys !
Old 04-30-12, 06:39 PM   #134
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Hi everybody,

Privateer contacted me recently and let me know that he may need a helping hand at modelling. I'll be this guy.

I would like it a lot if anyone could post an exhaustive list of all URLs you've got so far leading to good pics of this ship.
First and foremost, we need good quality blueprints to build the standard Higgins boat, then real life pics will be required, as we'll add many things/components featured on them depending on the place/time where/when they operated. For now, blueprints will do : side view, top view, as well as front and/or back view are essential - and sections may be helpful too, in order to do an accurate job building it. But don't hesitate to post a link if you ever have a good/rare shot featuring some details you'd like to see on this ship model later.

Not that I don't want to search for all of them by myself, but I think it may be easier to post these pics for someone who's got to follow the conversation from the day this thread was created.

Thanks in advance for your help, guys !
Here's my data thread:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...6&postcount=11

PM me your e-mail and I can send you the official higgins build plans.

If you need anything, let me know. If there's something specific you need to see, I can dig through my pictures or if I know before Thursdays, I can go to the boat and take a Photo or video of it.
Old 04-30-12, 07:14 PM   #135
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee View Post
Very nice. I'm going to check this out. Thanks !

Quote:
PM me your e-mail and I can send you the official higgins build plans.
Done.

Quote:
If you need anything, let me know. If there's something specific you need to see, I can dig through my pictures or if I know before Thursdays, I can go to the boat and take a Photo or video of it.
Well, let's say it's still very early to ask for any info/photo I'd like to have. I must bring it as far as I can with blueprints, and then I can see what info/picture would be needed to make it look as good-looking and accurate as possible. But be sure that I thank you very much for your kindness ! I'll PM you as soon as I need some close-up shot of any part of that ship.