SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-11-07, 03:03 PM   #451
Oldgamer48
Bosun

Location: Illinois, too far from the sea, but close to U-505!
Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBeast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgamer48
Terribly sorry if someone has asked this question, but the thread is rather long.

Is this mod now setup for 1.4? If so, can someone give me a link to installation instructions to use RSRD with ROW?

Thanks.
Yes, it works on 1.4.
ROW is not yet fully 1.4-compatible.
Thank you!

I noticed that ROW is oganized into different and separately downloadable mods. Are any of these okay to use with RSRD? Or should I leave ROW alone until there is a defiinitive announcement about its compatability?
Old 12-11-07, 04:01 PM   #452
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

For now, just stick with the ROW downloads that has "1.4 compatable" next to it. RSRD is a major overhaul to the campaign. Don't think adding anything graphical, such as ROW would be a problem
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-07, 12:00 AM   #453
Oldgamer48
Bosun

Location: Illinois, too far from the sea, but close to U-505!
Downloads: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish40
For now, just stick with the ROW downloads that has "1.4 compatable" next to it. RSRD is a major overhaul to the campaign. Don't think adding anything graphical, such as ROW would be a problem
Thanks, once again. Earlier, I decided to go with RSRD (the correct one) and TM 1.7.2, and I haven't been "blown away" so much since Gray Wolves. I just have two quick questions about the mod(s):

1. I've gotten really used to "F5" being the conning tower, and "F3" being the NAvMap. Is there a way to change these keys back (or should I just get "used" to them)? I suspect that it's in the Data/CFG/Commands file, but I'm really too much of a modding newbie to mess with this.

2. How do I get rid of the "walking about the decks" feature?

Other than these two minor problems, there are no graphical anomalies, and I'm happily sailing towards Midway. I like being able to see, at night. Also, a test crash dive brought back a few memories of a real experience!

One final question: Does the "Refit" option when in range of a friendly port end your current mission, or just allow you to refuel, etc.?
Old 12-16-07, 07:43 AM   #454
hyperion2206
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 8

I have a question concerning one of the patrol objectives: I've been ordered to the Aleutians to do some reconaissance and I wonder what I've got to do to complete that mission. I assume I have to stay near the objective icon for a certain amount of time,right? But how close and how long do I have to stay?

hyperion2206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 09:14 AM   #455
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperion2206
I have a question concerning one of the patrol objectives: I've been ordered to the Aleutians to do some reconaissance and I wonder what I've got to do to complete that mission. I assume I have to stay near the objective icon for a certain amount of time,right? But how close and how long do I have to stay?

All you have to do is proceed to each recon area. Ther is no time limt to remain on station. In RSRDC if you are required to remain on station for a period of time you will get that info during the briefing.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-07, 09:45 PM   #456
letterboy1
Captain

Downloads: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgamer48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish40
Thanks, once again. Earlier, I decided to go with RSRD (the correct one) and TM 1.7.2, and I haven't been "blown away" so much since Gray Wolves. I just have two quick questions about the mod(s):

1. I've gotten really used to "F5" being the conning tower, and "F3" being the NAvMap. Is there a way to change these keys back (or should I just get "used" to them)? I suspect that it's in the Data/CFG/Commands file, but I'm really too much of a modding newbie to mess with this.

2. How do I get rid of the "walking about the decks" feature?

Other than these two minor problems, there are no graphical anomalies, and I'm happily sailing towards Midway. I like being able to see, at night. Also, a test crash dive brought back a few memories of a real experience!

One final question: Does the "Refit" option when in range of a friendly port end your current mission, or just allow you to refuel, etc.?
I might be able to answer two of your questions:
1) There is a SH4 Keyboard Config App . . . check out this link:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=117517

3) The "Refit" option only refits (torpedoes, fuel, and most repairs except hull damage) when at friendly ports or sub tenders. Just remember that when it comes to torpedoes, Refit only fills your reserve slots, not your tubes. You have to manually move one of your reserve torpedoes to a tube slot and then the automatic reloading will commence again. Simply go into time compression to speed up the reloading process and when it's done, Refit one more time to fill the reserve slots that just got emptied from reloading. This way you leave a refit with a full complement of torpedoes.
EVGA GTX Titan Black
1.5 T-byte HDD
Antec 1 KW True Power Quattro PS
letterboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 10:24 AM   #457
barndog
A-ganger

Downloads: 12
Default ANxiouslu awaiting phase 2

fininishing up a patrol today. Hoping phase 2 available soon
barndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 06:11 PM   #458
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by barndog
fininishing up a patrol today. Hoping phase 2 available soon

sooner than you think
Old 12-20-07, 12:29 AM   #459
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Default Okay new patch new game time for a new mod

So downloading this finaly to use in my own game.

Have a question for you. Is it hard to add back in the photo and other missions you didn't want for this mod work?!

Could you give me an idea on how to add them in so I will not have anyCTD issues?

Sorry I like those original game missions as well so wanted to have the best of your mod and some of the original missions.
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-07, 08:02 AM   #460
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire

Have a question for you. Is it hard to add back in the photo and other missions you didn't want for this mod work?!

Could you give me an idea on how to add them in so I will not have anyCTD issues?

Sorry I like those original game missions as well so wanted to have the best of your mod and some of the original missions.
The orginal missions are still there, but modified to ensure no CTD. By the way your going to have re-download the RSRDC since I'm going to release Phase 2 today or tomorrow.
Old 12-20-07, 09:59 AM   #461
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
re-download the RSRDC since I'm going to release Phase 2 today or tomorrow.
Nice, look forward to it

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-07, 01:23 PM   #462
Bluesub 6
Loader

Nice news
Bluesub 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-07, 04:15 PM   #463
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default No problem and thanks for the info

Quote:
Quote:

The orginal missions are still there, but modified to ensure no CTD. By the way your going to have re-download the RSRDC since I'm going to release Phase 2 today or tomorrow.
I thought you said you did away with those missions that is why I asked.

I will download the new vs and start again as soon as it is ready.

So far I like what I have found in the shipping set up's.

At the moment I only have your layers installed I didn't use the mission stuff as I wasn;t sure about the phto recons and what not.

I know the Dynamic mission file controls the missions so was advoiding using it till I got some info from you.

BTW Merry Christmas
Old 12-20-07, 04:46 PM   #464
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

At the moment I only have your layers installed I didn't use the mission stuff as I wasn;t sure about the phto recons and what not.

I know the Dynamic mission file controls the missions so was advoiding using it till I got some info from you.

BTW Merry Christmas
I though you were talking about "single" missions

also

Quote:
At the moment I only have your layers installed I didn't use the mission stuff as I wasn;t sure about the phto recons and what not

unless you install the entire mod your going to get a CTD for sure
Old 12-20-07, 05:27 PM   #465
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default Actualy I have all of your mis files installed

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

BTW Merry Christmas
I though you were talking about "single" missions

also

Quote:
At the moment I only have your layers installed I didn't use the mission stuff as I wasn;t sure about the phto recons and what not

unless you install the entire mod your going to get a CTD for sure
With your ship and plane files and the bomb stuff and what not just omited the Dynamic mission files and folders and I have no CTD problems.

Another words for the moment I am just using the work you did for the shipping layers nothing else and the game is running fine.

I only play the campaign part of the game just once in a great while do I do a single mission.

No I was asking you about the campaign missions only when it comes to the photo recons and insertion and supply missions.

How I can add them into your mod set up and get them as well as all of your work.