SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-14-12, 10:26 AM   #316
uekel
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ologuy View Post
Can't wait for the new version!
Thatīs right! ....geht mir genauso!!
uekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-12, 12:52 PM   #317
fridgeman
Swabbie

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

radio working now, bit strange and maybe a bit dubious listening to full on nazis speeches, but hey thats authenticity for you,

btw, can you give an outline of how to lauch torpedos and if there is any 'minimal interface while doing so, etc

tx
fridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-12, 01:23 PM   #318
DrJones
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridgeman View Post
radio working now, bit strange and maybe a bit dubious listening to full on nazis speeches, but hey thats authenticity for you,

btw, can you give an outline of how to lauch torpedos and if there is any 'minimal interface while doing so, etc

tx
Good to here the sound is working now for the radio.

To launch torpedoes, there you have to flodd the tubes first and open them.

in the periscope, obsscope and uzo view you can call the tube control panel by clicking on the most left button of the lower right console.

attention: the lauch of torpedoes in the uzo view is still not possible, because i forgot to implement it in this version. This will be fixed in the next release.

Hope that helps. Please ash and tell me if there is any other trouble wich has to be fixed.

Best Regards

DrJones
DrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-12, 02:00 PM   #319
fridgeman
Swabbie

HI, I am a beginner really, do i click on the red buttons and then they become green, and then do I click the red button to fire, the interface is great but imo needs some readme/manual, etc
Old 02-14-12, 02:29 PM   #320
DrJones
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridgeman View Post
HI, I am a beginner really, do i click on the red buttons and then they become green, and then do I click the red button to fire, the interface is great but imo needs some readme/manual, etc
welcome Abourd and happy hunting.

No Problem i will show you

A in the picture above you choose the tube you like to fire. in the upper right you find a button to toggle the target and a button to fire the torpedo.

in the tube control panel you have a lamp as indicator which switches to green if a tube is selected.

the right switch flodds the tube and the left one opens it.

when this is done click the red button upper right to fire the torpedo

Hope that helps you...

Beset Regards

DrJones
Old 02-14-12, 03:16 PM   #321
fridgeman
Swabbie

right, got only tube two to work, no other tubes would work, all missed, what distance should I really be?

tx

ah, might have it, hang on!
Old 02-14-12, 04:07 PM   #322
fridgeman
Swabbie

Ok, all done, still some little problems, gaps in my knowlege, etc, well for me, anyway, the TDC keeps coming up when i am on the attack peri, it covers the whole screen, not at the side, how do i get rid of it, not experienced enough to use it at present, is there a button, one more issue, radar isn't working, on surface, and when I click it nothing no green line, getting there, amazing game, tx

Last edited by fridgeman; 02-14-12 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-15-12, 05:15 PM   #323
xfit_dave
Swabbie

Downloads: 404

Hi Dr Jones (et al),

I have a very simple question, but one which is vexing me; where on the UI is the text box? Is there a hot key, or how do you see the response to commands like, nearest visual contact as not all are supported with audio? Many thanks in advance.

Doh! OK I found it.

Last edited by xfit_dave; 02-16-12 at 02:28 PM.
xfit_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-12, 05:18 PM   #324
xfit_dave
Swabbie

Downloads: 404

Hi Fridgeman,

the TDC's key is the third key on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen (map with dials symbol); this will toggle the TDC on and off. The radar will only work if fitted, which is year dependant. If it is late enough in the war have you switched it on at the radar station?
xfit_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 05:48 PM   #325
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Hi DrJones,

First of all, thanks by this excellent UI/GUI! It really put me on control of this hell beast that is SH5 for noobies on it.

But I had some issues:
- my Sony 26" TV monitor have a max resolution of 1360x768 (16x9) and I canīt see all things that are in Observ. Periscope above. When activating RFAOB I canīt deactivate it anymore. A max resolution issue (1360x768) - perhaps something out of my screen? SOLVED!

- do you have a readme explain how to use your interface? Itīs a bit hard way to start to press anything and donīt know exactly if its correct or not, if its working or not.

- I have my own keyboard layout...my up, down, left, right arrows are setted to surface, PD, maintain depth, snorkel depth, etc....but they donīt work on this GUI nav map as they are used to move the map...any way to solve this?

Thanks by any advice!

Last edited by Rubini; 02-17-12 at 07:09 PM.
Rubini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 06:16 PM   #326
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Two more issues:

- my recon manual is empty.
-some icons on the bars donīt have decription, others are just strange - I mean donīt have any meaninng image.
Old 02-17-12, 07:04 PM   #327
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Ok! Found a way to close the RFAOB - need to hide all the GUI and them click on the correct RAFAOB place.

Look how my screen is crawed . My max resolution: 1360x768 (using correct Manos' 85x48). Note that some dials just are slight over others and that some are a top of my scope view. They are just too big for my resolution!! Do you have any idea on how to adjust this? I donīt have plans to change my monitor...

This is not only my problem, but also for any ppl that havenot so big max resolution...
Old 02-18-12, 01:21 AM   #328
DrJones
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
Ok! Found a way to close the RFAOB - need to hide all the GUI and them click on the correct RAFAOB place.

Look how my screen is crawed . My max resolution: 1360x768 (using correct Manos' 85x48). Note that some dials just are slight over others and that some are a top of my scope view. They are just too big for my resolution!! Do you have any idea on how to adjust this? I donīt have plans to change my monitor...

This is not only my problem, but also for any ppl that havenot so big max resolution...
ui...thank you very much...that is the first time i see something like that....

that makes it realy important to implement sliding in and out interface parts...you are the first i know using such a small resolution....but thank you very much...i will put my hands on this...

There will follow a new release wich a lot of changes and improvement. There will me more discrisptions and tooltips for all instruments.

Think i just write an documentation about using this one....it has grown on such a way that newbies here could have Problems to use it.

Best Regards so far...

DrJones

Nice to have you on board Rubini
Old 02-18-12, 02:34 PM   #329
DrJones
Samurai Navy

But I had some issues:
- my Sony 26" TV monitor have a max resolution of 1360x768 (16x9) and I canīt see all things that are in Observ. Periscope above. When activating RFAOB I canīt deactivate it anymore. A max resolution issue (1360x768) - perhaps something out of my screen? SOLVED!

Just Wonder @Rubini, your tv has a resolution ab 1360x x768. IF you tell the game to go higher what happens?
Old 02-18-12, 03:15 PM   #330
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones View Post
But I had some issues:

Just Wonder @Rubini, your tv has a resolution ab 1360x x768. IF you tell the game to go higher what happens?
Hi DrJones,

Thanks to look at this issue.
What was solved is the RAOBF on/off, not the problems with the resolution.

Some years ago I made one more intense mod work for SH3 - ported all the gui to widescreen for the first time. So, I worked a lot with menu entries on SH3. All WS porting to SH3 was stuck at exactly 1360x768 because was much more easy to work on: we only needed to adjust one dimension (1024==>1360, as the other remains the same (768).

That time i noticed an obviously thing: the gui textures/images arenīt exactly portable between resolutions (and this is your problem here). They have a fixed size. If you use a major resolution than the one were the gui was molded, no problem, just smaller images/smaller dials, etc. But if you use minor resolution (my case now in relation of your gui) all the gui will be accomodate on the screen...but slight one over the other like you saw on the picture. So - unless you use a much small resolution - nothing is lose, nothing is out, but one over the other.

After that work I learn that for GUI mod purposes is better to project your GUI using a lesser monitor resolution ( a reasonable, compromisse one), this way it will fit in almost any resolution and you will have less headhatch trying to solve unevitable usersīs problems...

The 1360x768 is the 720p in practice. At least try to make the GUI small on your 1080 (or major) monitor, this will guarantee that it will work in any resolution too. Obviously preserving the optical views for your taste, they can be adjusted later on players end for minor resolutions users; just put some instructions on a readme.

(Itīs a honour to talk with you, you are a very polite guy, this is what make this community a must. And excuse me by my english...itīs bad and i donīt know how to express my self correctly in english.)