Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-19-15, 02:41 PM   #211
CaptainRamius
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I can't be the only one who, after have watch lots and lots of news throughout the years and read lots and lots of news paper throughout the years and heard lots and lots of Politicians and expert saying this and that throughout the years and of course many of your brilliant posting, been thinking

Are we really fighting daesh or not ?

Markus
We aren't, our missiles are
In the end, ISIS will definitely lose. That's foreseeable. With France, the US, and now Russia fighting, I have no doubt that we'll win. Question is: how big will the losses be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betonov View Post
What about napalm or thermobaric bombs at tunnel entrances.
To suck oxygen out of the systems ??
That'd be way to brutal. Well, then again....

Last edited by Jimbuna; 11-20-15 at 07:56 AM.
CaptainRamius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-15, 02:44 PM   #212
Betonov
Navy Seal

Downloads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRamius View Post
That'd be way to brutal. Well, then again....
There's also sending packages filled with a millon bullet ants. They'll flood the tunnels to escape the heat.
Betonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-15, 02:48 PM   #213
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betonov View Post
There's also sending packages filled with a millon bullet ants. They'll flood the tunnels to escape the heat.
Got to collect the buggers first.
Napalm and Thermobaric bombs might work, but you'd need to get all the entrances at the same time or it'll just draw air through the tunnel rather than sucking it all out.
Another option would be to use bunker busters or earthquake bombs to collapse the tunnels. Bury them alive...

EDIT: The GBU-57A/B would do the job, but they cost around three million dollars each and only the B2 and B52 can take it since it weighs about 14 metric tons.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-15, 02:51 PM   #214
CaptainRamius
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Napalm and Thermobaric bombs might work, but you'd need to get all the entrances at the same time or it'll just draw air through the tunnel rather than sucking it all out.
Another option would be to use bunker busters or earthquake bombs to collapse the tunnels. Bury them alive...
Or, you can just, ya'know, storm in there and shoot them all. Considering they haven't ran away to escape the bullet ants and thermonaric bombs.
Old 11-19-15, 02:52 PM   #215
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
We aren't, our missiles are
In the end, ISIS will definitely lose. That's foreseeable. With France, the US, and now Russia fighting, I have no doubt that we'll win. Question is: how big will the losses be?

It's still a human finger to press the button to send this "missiles" away

As mentioned before or as this Naser Khader said

It is a myth we have stopped them, they control an area big as Great Britain he also said they are marching on

Said by an Middle east expert on Swedish TV some years ago

Despite our daily bombing daesh have gained control over more areas

All this have made me think-Are we fighting daesh or not or are we not doing it good enough ?

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-15, 02:54 PM   #216
CaptainRamius
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
It's still a human finger to press the button to send this "missiles" away

As mentioned before or as this Naser Khader said

It is a myth we have stopped them, they control an area big as Great Britain he also said they are marching on

Said by an Middle east expert on Swedish TV some years ago

Despite our daily bombing daesh have gained control over more areas

All this have made me think-Are we fighting daesh or not or are we not doing it good enough ?

Markus
That's true. If ISIS controls an area as big as Great Britain, we will have a pretty hard time stopping them. But, in the end, I think NATO will come out on top. Or in Russia's case (not part of NATO) just Russia.
Old 11-19-15, 03:02 PM   #217
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
That's true. If ISIS controls an area as big as Great Britain, we will have a pretty hard time stopping them. But, in the end, I think NATO will come out on top. Or in Russia's case (not part of NATO) just Russia.
Those who are really fighting daesh is the Kurds and some other groups(forgot the name of these)

Of course are we hitting things belonging to daesh, but it is the soldiers we have to get.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-15, 03:05 PM   #218
Betonov
Navy Seal

Quote:
Quote:
Or, you can just, ya'know, storm in there and shoot them all. Considering they haven't ran away to escape the bullet ants and thermonaric bombs.
The best idea would be a ground attack and when they hide inside the tunnels just light up bonfires at entrances. Oxygen runs out and nothing else since they'd have to make a sortie trough fire.
Poetic justice, my ancestors lit bonfires to alert the population that the Turks are raiding
Old 11-19-15, 03:11 PM   #219
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Actually Daesh are on the retreat at the moment, the Syrian army Kuweires offensive has recaptured the airfield there which has been in Daesh hands for three years. Aleppo is still in the balance, but Daesh are not having the walkover they were hoping there, they haven't been able to close the pocket on the Syrian army yet. Taking the opportunity of having Daesh focused on Aleppo, the Syrian army launched an offensive to the south of Aleppo focusing on cutting the M5 motorway supply route into the city. The Iranians have done well with this, and so far they've cut pretty deeply into Daesh territory.

Meanwhile in Iraq, Kurdish forces have taken Sinjar from Daesh who captured it in August last year. Peshmerga forces have also repelled an infiltration attempt near the al-Kask region on Monday, and yesterday a Daesh offensive near Ramadi was repelled by the Anbar Operations Command.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeli...#November_2015

Daesh aren't having it all their own way, but because we're not having these massive breakthroughs and blitzkriegs that we in the western world are used to seeing, and also because we're not heavily involved on the ground (officially) it doesn't make the headlines so much.
Old 11-19-15, 03:24 PM   #220
Betonov
Navy Seal

Too bad victories don't sell as much as fear.
Not a word on this in media.
Old 11-19-15, 03:35 PM   #221
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Which outcome would be the best for Syria and the fight against the Daesh? Rebels winning or Assad?
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-15, 03:42 PM   #222
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Probably Assad, if the rebels win then they've got to put together a government and establish control over the various regions they now own. Whereas Assad already has a government and has powerful support from Russia and Iran. I'm no fan of Assad, I hate his use of chemical weaponry with a passion, and I think that if there was any justice in the world he and anyone else who has used chemical weapons should be strung up.
But...out of the various groups involved in this mess, he's probably the only one that would create a Syria that wouldn't immediately disintegrate again.
Old 11-19-15, 03:52 PM   #223
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Kuweires offensive has recaptured the airfield there which has been in Daesh hands for three years.
You mean de blocading the airfield that was under siege by FSA for 3 years and then by ISIS for 1 year?
Old 11-19-15, 03:52 PM   #224
Betonov
Navy Seal

The best would be that the rebels contact the Russians and give some terms of surrender that the Russians will force on Assad.
Full amnesty and such.

And then give Assad a crimean summer home, put some puppet that both sides won't have trouble with in Damascus and hope Assad chokes on a hedgehog.
Old 11-19-15, 03:53 PM   #225
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Probably Assad, if the rebels win then they've got to put together a government and establish control over the various regions they now own. Whereas Assad already has a government and has powerful support from Russia and Iran. I'm no fan of Assad, I hate his use of chemical weaponry with a passion, and I think that if there was any justice in the world he and anyone else who has used chemical weapons should be strung up.
But...out of the various groups involved in this mess, he's probably the only one that would create a Syria that wouldn't immediately disintegrate again.
Yeah, I agree with you. If I am not mistaken, there is not just one rebel group fighting against Assad, but multiple. Before the groups could figure out who gets what, it could take years of more civil war.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
terrorism