SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-12-17, 02:54 PM   #1
Senf-Man82
Gunner

Downloads: 333
Uploads: 0
Default Playable FletcherII late war version

I am Senf-Man82 from (yes, literally living in Wilhelmshaven - not working on U-Boats but surface ships, believe it or not) Germany
and I proudly present my:

FletcherII-Mod (1.5 stock; jsgme ready) - based on AOTD MadMax-Destroyer Pack and contains work of Playable Fletcher by Tom Mares.
>> Thanks to you guys!

Simular to the work of AOTD-MadMax, S3D and Wings3D have been used here to gain more awesomeness!

First of all: in addition to previous Fletcher mods, its torpedo equipment is fully functional corresponding to the subs!

The overall concept of this mods is to provide a much more authentic destroyer/surface ship experience, which is the reason for adding its
additional features.

+ bridge/conning set up and working instruments including a rudder indicator (made out of scratch)
+ working sonar/hydrophone equipment with interior and externalvisualisation)
+ same for radar/rwr
+ redesign of the crew/equipment department structur
+ more realistic euqipment such as: boilers and turbines
+ more accurate weapon confiuration
+ added design elements: conning canope; bearing diopters; .50cal guns; shaft ram protection; correct placement of battle flag (reat funnel)
+ ASW weaponry (DCs and KGuns - correctly manned)

A few flaws keep reaming though:
- not all equipment has a proper corresponding damage zone, bearable though...
- Torpedos are still fired like on Subs and not out of their (turning-) turrets, sad :/
- the MK37 director is just randomly turning instead of pointing on targets, couldn't figure out how to get this done, very sad
- Air search radar texture failure, because I am a noob when it comes down to exporting/editing models.obj's and it keeps messing up with
alpha-channels and that ambient occlusion cr...- <euphamism/>, truely annoying, I know X(

(!) Keep in mind, this is a standalone mod and does not work with TMO etc.

Enjoy...

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5117

Senf-Man

Last edited by Senf-Man82; 01-17-17 at 08:03 AM.
Senf-Man82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-17, 09:01 AM   #2
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2

looks sweet,, looking forward to giving that a whirl,,in a couple of days I'm 1200 miles from my game box hopeing to dodge the ice storms hopefully they will stay away from the east coast.. Drat I must read more carefully I don't have 1.5 ,,,may be I can make it work
yubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 05:29 AM   #3
blockhead48
Swabbie

Downloads: 172

This has got to be one of the best looking playable surface ships in SH4!
Its really very good to look at.
Excellent quality work, moves well, loads of detail on the destroyer, nice to play with. (we're all little boys aren't we?)

With one of the good environment mods like PE4 (Pacific Environments 4) its a very good visual combination.

Thanks for the hard work making this Fletcher.
blockhead48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 10:29 AM   #4
Senf-Man82
Gunner

Thanks for the nice feedback, I appreciate it . Speaking about quality, yes I think I set a new standard (in all modesty ), although I didn`t care at all about any ISO 9001 quality management princeples .

Still working on improvements and I really need to figure out that ambient occlusion stuff. I also try to gain more knowledge about S3D itself and all its functions (animations, controllers etc.). Truelya big task .

I am also thinking about a way how to make her DCs work, which again takes me a while.
Old 01-28-17, 10:52 AM   #5
Senf-Man82
Gunner

FYI:

there will be an updated version coming soon. It'll the a proper fitting zone model, that corresponds with the ships equipment and weaponry.
I also hope that I can find a solution for the missing radar texture on top of its mast.
Old 01-28-17, 11:37 AM   #6
blockhead48
Swabbie

Downloads: 172

That missing radar texture.....the top most rotating radar is painted black, and it looks ok with my graphics card, (ASUS ATI RADEON 5800 series) no shimmering or anything, everything looks fine.
Maybe its something to do with your graphics card Senf?
I wouldn't bother making workable depth charges (DC?) there aren't any other submarines in the game to depth charge!
blockhead48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-17, 06:10 PM   #7
TheGreatElector
Torpedoman

Downloads: 1218
Uploads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead48 View Post
That missing radar texture.....the top most rotating radar is painted black, and it looks ok with my graphics card, (ASUS ATI RADEON 5800 series) no shimmering or anything, everything looks fine.
Maybe its something to do with your graphics card Senf?
I wouldn't bother making workable depth charges (DC?) there aren't any other submarines in the game to depth charge!
Everything seems fine to me, i don't see any black radar.
TheGreatElector is offline   Reply With Quote