Closed Thread

Old 02-07-17, 09:10 AM   #1501
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
No, it's something I experienced first hand when white supremacists concerned citizens painted anti-Semitic graffiti on my garage and followed my children to school to take photos of them which they then mailed to us. It is why we're leaving the country.
Sorry to hear that. We had a situation with our daughter getting her picture taken after she had gotten off the school bus. The a-hole turned out be a child predator. We were certainly rattled. She never road the bus again. The idiots that did this to your kids and home were identified?
Old 02-07-17, 09:14 AM   #1502
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
And lets not forget that whole Trayvon Martin incident. No, there's no racial tension in Florida.
Hispanic male cited as white by the wonderful media.
Old 02-07-17, 09:21 AM   #1503
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
It's nice of you to say, and I apologize for crying on your shoulder. I am angry, and I know exactly where that anger comes from -- fear. My wife and I are scared all the time. What if we were to lose them? What would we do? How do you go on from that?

We don't let on to the girls, but kids are smart. They know when something isn't right. I vacated my position at the university so that I could be home with them all the time. I drop them off at school. I pick them. Up. Christ, I get there an hour ahead of time so that I am first in line. She calls home every hour. "Are they okay?" "Did the school call?" They don't go to friends houses. They never go outside alone, and they stay inside as much as possible. And daddy and mommy look so tired all the time. They know we don't sleep.

It breaks you Jamie. It crushes you down until there's nothing left but hate, and you're on SubSim at 11:15 pm alternating between outright hostility and gushing about despair. And my wife is right here next to me, watching reruns of Wings and trying not to cry. Our life is hell. We've got each other and that's it.
Been there with our daughter and creep riding the neighborhood in a green Ford pick up truck looking for kids. Never been the same. Our daughters are young adults. There mother still requests they text when they get to where they are going so she knows they are safe.

We have long since moved form that neighborhood. If not for that but also the neighborhood itself moving in a direction we did not care for.
Old 02-07-17, 09:52 AM   #1504
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
California wildfires, I believe set by a human. Katrina, Sandy...worked them both. I have seen and done enough with both to write a book. So far you go me on a super cell last year..just one incident. Does not really prove much for climate change. Again, melting ice caps do point to a problem. There is no doubt humans contribute if not the leading cause of warming.

Never said I did not believe climate change is happening. So back up on that bubble statement and stop assuming. I said polar ice caps melting is a good indicator. Further, throughout history there has been super cells and hurricanes of giant magnitude. Frequency is another thing. The Atlantic is very quiet concerning hurricanes. El Nina and Nino are also drive weather.
Permafrost areas unfreezing, another biggie. Methane released there in so far still not calculatable quantities.

Issue is less whether global climate is warming or not. It is, by tendency, generally. Issue is about whether or not life and mankind can/will adapt.

My quarrel with climate change activists became that so many of their demands are hilariously ineffective or do not even compensate for for example gas emissions form one single volcanic eruption ruining their mission to make a change for all the planet. Especially Germans excel in this kind of self-overestimation. Or they make radical, unrealistic demands that completely violate any sense of realism, are not practical, but get demanded for ideological reasons, for the precious "principle".

It also does not help the reputation of climate change activists that they allow all too easily that their cause gets hijacked by political activists to found their very different, more ideologically oriented demands. Ironically this is especially true for - the Greens themselves.

Too often these days, "ecology" gets artificially linked to political ideology, sociological projects, cultural reeducation on very different issues, too often "ecology" gets abused and hijacked nowadays as an excuse to try to push through agendas and projects that often have even nothing to do with it. Everything gets mixed with everything. Homosexual equality gets propagated at anti-terror demonstrations. Genderists for less plastic in the seas. Campaigns for spending more money on terribly rotting Berlin schools get linked to propagating pro-Muslim policies. And a new chief conductor at a German orchestra gets asked as a first question what he wants to do to raise women quotas and how he plans to communicate the orchestra's - taken for granted - support for pro gay activists in Russia - and when he angrily replied he does not care and does not plan to mix these things, and that he got hired to direct the orchestra and to produce good music, not for caring for policy-making and ideological crusades, the press all came down on him simultaneously.

Its the time of the dilettantes. Zeitgeist. Zum Kotzen.
Old 02-07-17, 10:17 AM   #1505
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Permafrost areas unfreezing, another biggie. Methane released there in so far still not calculatable quantities.

Issue is less whether global climate is warming or not. It is, by tendency, generally. Issue is about whether or not life and mankind can/will adapt.

My quarrel with climate change activists became that so many of their demands are hilariously ineffective or do not even compensate for for example gas emissions form one single volcanic eruption ruining their mission to make a change for all the planet. Especially Germans excel in this kind of self-overestimation. Or they make radical, unrealistic demands that completely violate any sense of realism, are not practical, but get demanded for ideological reasons, for the precious "principle".

At last count there ARE 40 active volcanoes,, not too mention all the comtrails that 15,000 jet aircraft make daily,, artifical clouds would have a affect on the climate

https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/eru...volcanoes.html
Old 02-07-17, 10:37 AM   #1506
Skybird
Soaring

And your point is?

Contrails indeed can influence weather (weather = climate, the firts is short-termed, the latter is long-termed). This has been shown especially in the few days after 9/11, when the American airspace was practically aircraft-free and all non-military flights were grounded. The range between highest and lowest temperature on the ground over the day was wider, and the maximum temp over the day was higher. The results were statistically reliable, they did not represent random fluctuations. -> You need to look in I think Nature Magazine, 2003 or 2002 or 2004, it was published there.

Volcanic activity is known since long time to have caused some of the most drastic climate changes in Earth's history.
Old 02-07-17, 10:46 AM   #1507
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Okay, you're truly starting to sound like a troll here. Whether the people responsible for Takeda's problems are Conservative, Liberal, or anything else is irrelevant. He is undergoing some serious problems, and you're trying to blame it on him. This is less of what I was defending earlier and getting more personal.

This needs to stop. You're once again trying to blame everything on "the other side". I tried to explain to you that hate knows no sides, but you keep sticking to your single track.

You apparently missed the point altogether, or else chose to ignore it. The point was that you don't seem to be interested in having an honest discussion with anyone, ever. As I said at the beginning of this post, your posts are starting to sound more and more like trolling, and that will not be tolerated.
I guess you missed the point, I pointed out that it happened in a democrat run town in a democrat state and I wanted to know why you have these problems in such places so,, is Allentown going to be the next Chicago and then it went down hill when I pointed it out,, I did say I wasn't happy that he and his family was victimized, in this great country ,it shouldn't have happened, this is what happens when you don't hold your government or citizens to account,,or have a free press,, now all of a sudden the Constitution matters to you,, where were you 8 years ago.. ??
Old 02-07-17, 10:47 AM   #1508
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Skybird wrote:
Quote:
[...] they make radical, unrealistic demands that completely violate any sense of realism, are not practical, but get demanded for ideological reasons, for the precious "principle".
Whether Germany does something or not, is indeed of (almost) no influence, because China alone is good for thousand times a bigger pollution, and it will not stop at the Great Wall.
(Aber: "Deutsch sein heisst eine Sache um ihrer selbst willen tun." )

But even if we cannot know exactly what is the cause and what drives our current climate change and warming, we can be sure that man contributes.

And if e.g. Germany invents a better pollution filter or some kind of technolgy that helps, the effort will not be in vain.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 02-07-17, 11:08 AM   #1509
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Skybird wrote:

Whether Germany does something or not, is indeed of (almost) no influence, because China alone is good for thousand times a bigger pollution, and it will not stop at the Great Wall.

But even if we cannot know exactly what is the cause and what drives our current climate change and warming, we can be sure that man contributes.

And if e.g. Germany invents a better pollution filter or some kind of technolgy that helps, the effort will not be in vain.
We do not agree often, but sometimes things happen. I assume we nevertheless would find our deamons in the details again.

Nothing against technological innovation - if it indeeds helps, I am all for it - if it can be economically, and by private persons: financially, sustained. But to put that into question, I just refer to one of the typical German problems: energetische Gebäudesanierung, Hausfassadenisolation. Here is where I cannot help but just grinning wide, it is absurd what is beignt rie dhere, it auses so many negative side-effects, and I happened to have seen the black-on-white numbers for several 1-2 family houses owned by people I knew from university times - and who all, without exception, are not happy. These kind of house renovations did not calculate well for them, especially wall and roof isolations. But heating and windows also do not hold the promises they make. Not to mention things like bad room climate, fungus, algea, and the rotting of isolating material. And if then the industry and the various activist platform offer calculations for your house's current energy status that can vary to up to 180%, trust in these calculatiosn and models is not justified.

Its all about securing income for the concerned businesses.
Old 02-07-17, 11:36 AM   #1510
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Glad you find it all funny. Glad it amuses you. You're definitely the sort that America deserves.

I've wasted enough time with white supremacists this evening. You can all go to hell. This may all be a game to you, but it is real to me. These are our lives, our children's lives. Now, you want to laugh at me, fine. Says more about you than it does about me.

No one will see it that way here. To you its just another liberal college professor and his jew wife and kids leaving the country. Something to celebrate. So that's what it is. God bless America.
To me your just another liberal college professor and his Jew wife? Oh, but Im sorry but you have mistaken me and everyone else here on this forum with someone else.

Obviously you are scared and outright angry and preparing to flee to another country because of what others have done or threatened to do here. Nothing I can do about that other than offer my support to you and your family. If there is something I can do I hope you would let me know. You're not the only one who has had to deal with ingnorant brain dead boobs.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 02-07-17, 11:54 AM   #1511
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Volcanic activity is known since long time to have caused some of the most drastic climate changes in Earth's history.
Way back in Earth's history yes, but not so much today.

Volcano eruption doesn't significantly add to warming as their emission output is so very small, nor do they cool the climate anymore because we now have a cozy CO2 blanket to keep us warm.
Old 02-07-17, 11:54 AM   #1512
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

The title of this thread is US Politics, right?

and I will add that I have compassion for Takeda's family and neighborhood problems, but still this is a US Politics thread.

I couldn't report all of you so here's the bottom line only Buddahaid and yubba were on the mark. How embarrassing

Fear should have it's own thread

Quote:
I don't really have a reply, but I want you to know that I am not ignoring you and I appreciate the effort to try and cheer. There's just really nothing that's going to do that right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJWest View Post
Chaplin was of course eventually barred from the United States for having political opinions that the ruling elite didn't approve of. He had this to say about it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charli...st_accusations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kptlt. Neuerburg View Post
It's cool, just try to take easy if you can Tak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kptlt. Neuerburg View Post
Yeah I know about it, it's all because Chaplin said that the Soviets where great because at that time they where the only ones really fighting back against the Nazis and McCarthy didn't like that one bit. Then again Chaplin once said, "I remain just one thing, and one thing only, and that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane then any politician."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
No-one should have to go through that Tak, and for such a simple thing, for helping in the community. No, it's an ugly thing that has awoken from slumber and I'm glad you're getting away from it. I won't pretend that Australia is free from problems but it seems to have its head on straighter than many at the moment, certainly better than the rest of the western world.
I don't know where things are going in the western world right now, I see the rise of far-right groups, who, if you had said twenty years ago they would be so close to power you'd have been laughed off the fledgling internet. It seems that in times of economic crisis we once again fall into the same old traps that our predecessors walked into, the sirens call of the men and women who say "We can fix this, it's all their fault."
History may not repeat, but it sure as hell does rhyme, as the saying goes.
Quote:
And what does that have to do with the price of fish?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Okay, you're truly starting to sound like a troll here. Whether the people responsible for Takeda's problems are Conservative, Liberal, or anything else is irrelevant. He is undergoing some serious problems, and you're trying to blame it on him. This is less of what I was defending earlier and getting more personal.

This needs to stop. You're once again trying to blame everything on "the other side". I tried to explain to you that hate knows no sides, but you keep sticking to your single track.

You apparently missed the point altogether, or else chose to ignore it. The point was that you don't seem to be interested in having an honest discussion with anyone, ever. As I said at the beginning of this post, your posts are starting to sound more and more like trolling, and that will not be tolerated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
All on me. Yes, of course, I see it now. It's funny then that I don't consider myself all that left in my thinking, that I haven't spoken out against Trumps actions as President yet(I think), that I consider the protests against Donald Trump misdirected energy, that I think the anarchists that turn too many of these popular protests into debacles should be punished. Yet I'm to blame because I challenge your thinking.

One of the most peculiar things about all this is how you apply the same negative labels to the Democrats/liberals that I've always associated with Republicans/far right.
Quote:
^ That's the new deal, all negative is being placed on "the left". Even the most classic far-right with racial tendencies and "Uebermensch" attitude like the NSDAP are now "left", last time over at another forum we all know, the Ku-Klux-Klan was "left". No joke.
If a right-wing politician does something bad, he is may be "right-wing", but he must be doing something "leftist".

Black has become white, and the moon is made of green cheese. You cannot really stand up against it, because the accusations and deceptions are so completely out of bounds that any reasonable try to counter that is doomed. Lying or "alternative facts" are the new standard, and there is no need for proof.
Who cries loudest ist the "winner" now. Mrs May almost seems backwards and old-school with her Thatcher-rhetorics, compared to Trump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
@Takeda:

I am deeply saddened to read what you and your family have endured and I do not fault your decision to leave. Someone who would seek, on their own, to assist those being bullied by thugs, deserves not to be treated as your family has been. Over the years, decades, I have known more than a few persons who have dealt with similar situations and have seen more than a few make the same decision. No one should have to put up with such offensive and potentially dangerous behavior. For the sake of your family, I hope your remaining time here is uneventful and safe...

It is a sad situation when highly talented and skilled individuals in fields in which this nation is experiencing a growing deficiency find it necessary to go abroad rather than face such outrages. It is also a sad situation when many of the highly talented and skilled individuals who would like to come here and share their very much needed talents are finding the path obstructed more and more by mindless political idiots who have little or nothing of their own highly dubious talents to contribute. I live in Los Angeles and there are two very large, prestigious universities (UCLA & USC), several smaller but very influential colleges, a major technical university, the California institute of Technology (home of the Jet Propulsion Lab), and a burgeoning tech business starting to rival the Silicon Valley (with typical So. Cal style, the tech sector has been dubbed "Silicon Beach"). There are also several major medical centers here that are pioneering new treatment methods and medications and are at the forefronts of their research fields. And you know what I've observed over the years? An ever increasing number of the persons attending those universities and colleges, doing the research and development work at CalTech and JPL, and making the breakthroughs at those medical centers come from India, Pakistan, the Mideast, and, more recently, Asia, specifically China. When you walk through those facilities, you will see a very high percentage of the working population at those sites are not Caucasian, and, if you look at the directories of those institutions, you will see a very large number of 'non-American' names in highly responsible positions, positions they earned and usually earned having to "swim upstream"...

About 30 or so years ago, I was part of a project to update and upgrade the class registration system at one of the two major universities in LA. As part of the process, some of us actually worked the registration desks so as to be able to find and, if possible, correct on the spot any bugs that might crop up. After the first day, I commented to one of the university officials about the very high percentage of foreign students who had majors in and were registering for classes in highly technical and scientific fields and a correspondingly high percentage of US born students with majors and registrations in fields in non-technical fields, with a very large portion of that group going for MBAs. The official said the trend had been going on for some time and there was a possibility of there soon being far fewer US graduates in the sciences than foreign-born graduates. Now, decades later, the possibility has pretty much been proven as fact. The reality is if it were not for those who came from abroad, often paying very high prices both financially and personally, and who applied themselves to those fields while US student were following the "Gordon Gekko" path, medicine, technology, and the underlying educational structure for the sciences would be in a very sad state indeed. If the US is at all a major power in the sciences and technical education, it is because those people were welcomed in; it is because, even after they got their degrees, they opted to stay here and continue to contribute; and it is because some of the best and the brightest in their fields, educated in some of the finest universities and colleges abroad also chose to come here and contribute. Yet, for some people, all they see is "foreigners", not like "us", not "real Americans". Well, fine, then let's send them all packing, all the foreigner doctors, and scientists, and professors, and creators and developers of new tech; then, when the dust settles and the US finds itself having to play catch up with the rest of the world, watching as other nations who were not so 'picky' about the origins of those who just wanted to pursue their fields, maybe, then , the "wisdom" of our leaders won't seem so "wise". After all, if it weren't for some other nations in the past deciding it was a good idea to get rid of all those pesky academics and scientists who questioned their governments or just didn't fit in with the "real citizens" of their lands, the US wouldn't have had all those foreigners like Einstein, Fermi, and the Fanos. That whole idea of forcing out the "undesirables" worked out real well for those nations, didn't it?...

So what is is the scorecard in this situation? A cardiologist (a field where the US shortage is critical) and a respected academic versus a larger number of brainless, thick, thugs who make no noteworthy or beneficial contribution to our nation: it must be golf because the winning point is 2 and Australia and not the US is the winner. At least Trump will have a few more voters for his most-likely-never-to-happen reelection...

Here is an interesting list of refugees whose home nations thought it was a good idea to force out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_refugees

And, just to show there is still hope for those of us who remain, this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2964639

One person stands up, others stand with them; maybe we can eventually erase more than graffiti...

<O>
Quote:
Takeda,

ignoring for a moment past battles and differences that we had, I ask for curiosity - and curiosity alone - what is your ethnic background? Or where did you originally come from when moving to the US?

You can and will accuse me of a lot of things I guess, but that I have condemned or attacked people due to their skin colour, ever, you can hardly claim. I am just wondering, when getting your tales here, and so I ask you. Curiosity.
Quote:
Some very good posts here.
Tak i already thought i should have written something, when you wrote so much posts ago that you were heading for Australia, because of your family being threatened by – obviously racist – bullies. A lot of others here wrote much better than i could have, but i still want to say you have my deepest sympathy, i wish you and your family all the best.

Unbelievable and sad, that such things happen in our time, and in the western world. It is not only the USA of course, those thugs are coming out of their hiding everywhere, under the camouflage of "free speech", or "being politically incorrect", or abusing terms like "indepencence", "freedom" and all that. Sadly enough a lot of people fall for this populistic crap.

Now i know all generalizations are wrong, but i think there is indeed still a lot of racist hate (also) in the western world, even if we like to show off with our so-called superiority, or freedom, or neutrality. Maybe racism was there all along and only hid well, until the right man or leader appears.

Sh!t I really don't know what to say, not when you wrote this, nor now. America will be worse off without you.
Quote:
California wildfires, I believe set by a human. Katrina, Sandy...worked them both. I have seen and done enough with both to write a book. So far you go me on a super cell last year..just one incident. Does not really prove much for climate change. Again, melting ice caps do point to a problem. There is no doubt humans contribute if not the leading cause of warming.

Never said I did not believe climate change is happening. So back up on that bubble statement and stop assuming. I said polar ice caps melting is a good indicator. Further, throughout history there has been super cells and hurricanes of giant magnitude. Frequency is another thing. The Atlantic is very quiet concerning hurricanes. El Nina and Nino are also drive weather.
Quote:
Sorry to hear that. We had a situation with our daughter getting her picture taken after she had gotten off the school bus. The a-hole turned out be a child predator. We were certainly rattled. She never road the bus again. The idiots that did this to your kids and home were identified?
Quote:
Hispanic male cited as white by the wonderful media.
Quote:
Been there with our daughter and creep riding the neighborhood in a green Ford pick up truck looking for kids. Never been the same. Our daughters are young adults. There mother still requests they text when they get to where they are going so she knows they are safe.

We have long since moved form that neighborhood. If not for that but also the neighborhood itself moving in a direction we did not care for.
Quote:

It also does not help the reputation of climate change activists that they allow all too easily that their cause gets hijacked by political activists to found their very different, more ideologically oriented demands. Ironically this is especially true for - the Greens themselves.

Too often these days, "ecology" gets artificially linked to political ideology, sociological projects, cultural reeducation on very different issues, too often "ecology" gets abused and hijacked nowadays as an excuse to try to push through agendas and projects that often have even nothing to do with it. Everything gets mixed with everything. Homosexual equality gets propagated at anti-terror demonstrations. Genderists for less plastic in the seas. Campaigns for spending more money on terribly rotting Berlin schools get linked to propagating pro-Muslim policies. And a new chief conductor at a German orchestra gets asked as a first question what he wants to do to raise women quotas and how he plans to communicate the orchestra's - taken for granted - support for pro gay activists in Russia - and when he angrily replied he does not care and does not plan to mix these things, and that he got hired to direct the orchestra and to produce good music, not for caring for policy-making and ideological crusades, the press all came down on him simultaneously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubba View Post
At last count there ARE 40 active volcanoes,, not too mention all the comtrails that 15,000 jet aircraft make daily,, artifical clouds would have a affect on the climate

https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/eru...volcanoes.html
Quote:
And your point is?

Contrails indeed can influence weather (weather = climate, the firts is short-termed, the latter is long-termed). This has been shown especially in the few days after 9/11, when the American airspace was practically aircraft-free and all non-military flights were grounded. The range between highest and lowest temperature on the ground over the day was wider, and the maximum temp over the day was higher. The results were statistically reliable, they did not represent random fluctuations. -> You need to look in I think Nature Magazine, 2003 or 2002 or 2004, it was published there.

Quote:
I guess you missed the point, I pointed out that it happened in a democrat run town in a democrat state and I wanted to know why you have these problems in such places so,, is Allentown going to be the next Chicago and then it went down hill when I pointed it out,, I did say I wasn't happy that he and his family was victimized, in this great country ,it shouldn't have happened, this is what happens when you don't hold your government or citizens to account,,or have a free press,, now all of a sudden the Constitution matters to you,, where were you 8 years ago.. ??
Quote:
Skybird wrote:

Quote:
We do not agree often, but sometimes things happen. I assume we nevertheless would find our deamons in the details again.

Nothing against technological innovation - if it indeeds helps, I am all for it - if it can be economically, and by private persons: financially, sustained. But to put that into question, I just refer to one of the typical German problems: energetische Gebäudesanierung, Hausfassadenisolation. Here is where I cannot help but just grinning wide, it is absurd what is beignt rie dhere, it auses so many negative side-effects, and I happened to have seen the black-on-white numbers for several 1-2 family houses owned by people I knew from university times - and who all, without exception, are not happy. These kind of house renovations did not calculate well for them, especially wall and roof isolations. But heating and windows also do not hold the promises they make. Not to mention things like bad room climate, fungus, algea, and the rotting of isolating material. And if then the industry and the various activist platform offer calculations for your house's current energy status that can vary to up to 180%, trust in these calculatiosn and models is not justified.

Its all about securing income for the concerned businesses.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 02-07-17, 12:01 PM   #1513
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
I guess you missed the point, I pointed out that it happened in a democrat run town in a democrat state
And I showed you, with indisputable facts, that the State is very evenly divided between Democrat and Republican voters, with a large majority of the people who actually run the State being Republicans. A fact that you either missed entirely or intentionally choose to ignore.

Quote:
and I wanted to know why you have these problems in such places so,, is Allentown going to be the next Chicago and then it went down hill when I pointed it out,, I did say I wasn't happy that he and his family was victimized, in this great country ,it shouldn't have happened
You said he shouldn't have had the Trump sign in his yard, when you yourself have called him a Liberal. He pointed out that the people doing this are decidedly not Liberal or Democrat, and you blamed him. That is the point. You blame everything on those who disagree with you, and do not seem capable of recognizing that you might be wrong.

Quote:
this is what happens when you don't hold your government or citizens to account,,or have a free press,, now all of a sudden the Constitution matters to you,, where were you 8 years ago.. ??
Eight years ago? I was here, discussing the issues honestly and fairly, looking at all sides of the question, as any reasonable person would be.

Again it becomes obvious that you don't bother to read what others post, and see only what you want to see. Unable to formulate a real argument you once again go back to calling me a Liberal.

I have a very long record here of discussing the Constitution, something you only seem to mention when it suits you. Have you ever had a real discussion about the Constitution? Have you ever had a real discussion about anything? Certainly not here.
Old 02-07-17, 12:44 PM   #1514
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Skybird wrote:

China is getting there, the problem is industrial progression, China is doing in three decades what it took Europe a century and a half to do, and it's doing it over a much greater landscape and a vaster population.
That being said, it's also the worlds leading country in the development and implementation of green energy, but how much of that is down to the sheer population size is another thing.
But yes, there is no bad thing in working towards reducing pollution, and trying to get emissions down, even if it's already too late, because one can hope that we can reduce the severity of the change that's coming if we work together now.

Of course, some serious setbacks are occuring...so I'm not as hopeful as I once was...so all we can do is apologise to our children and their children for not fixing things when we had a chance to, because we got scared.

In other news, Betsy DeVos has been confirmed as US Education Secretary...so that means she can advance 'Gods Kingdom' as she wishes, and the rest of the world gets the benefit of teachers leaving the US to teach elsewhere.
Old 02-07-17, 12:53 PM   #1515
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
..and the rest of the world gets the benefit of teachers leaving the US to teach elsewhere.
That's fine. Any that would leave we wouldn't want back anyways.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter