Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-18, 07:21 PM   #5581
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

I got a kick out of this photo of Kavenough being sworn in. The look on his wife's face all us married men will recognize as that "yeah, sure" look.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 10-10-18, 07:37 PM   #5582
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I got a kick out of this photo of Kavenough being sworn in. The look on his wife's face all us married men will recognize as that "yeah, sure" look.
Don't sell the bosswife short; it's all about the retirement check...as the hubby of a newly retired DA my$elf and 27 years of political BS to show for it! those daughters are well-schooled in 'pokerface 101' as well!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 10-11-18, 03:20 AM   #5583
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Send it to Dowly. He'll wear it...
I read on Cosmopolitan that purple clashes with my complexion.
Old 10-11-18, 04:36 AM   #5584
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

The head's at the wrong side anyway

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 10-11-18, 02:48 PM   #5585
Dowly
Lucky Jack

I'm sure you have a great idea for a post in your head when you set to write it, but it certainly doesn't transfer to text.
Old 10-11-18, 04:50 PM   #5586
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I don't think August will wear this tee shirt ... perhaps vienna will

Nah, I never wear t-shirts...

...goes against my cool, calculated street image...

...but, you can't disagree with the shirt's sentiment...

<O>
Old 10-11-18, 08:00 PM   #5587
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 10-11-18, 08:26 PM   #5588
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post
Donald Trump is the stupidest person in the world ... but I am not surprised because his entire family consists of incestuous relatives, who are actually classified as mentally ill.

....Which I find totally hilarious, because, could you imagine what it would be like to loose to such an idiot? I mean seriously, what kind of moron would loose to such a moron?

That must take a special kind of stupid.
Old 10-11-18, 08:51 PM   #5589
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
I like that one. It works for both parties.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 10-12-18, 01:52 AM   #5590
Catfish

»Fake America great again«
Excellent report on how Trump got into his current position. Cambridge analytics and the real impact it had on the election:

https://www.arte.tv/de/videos/082806...a-great-again/

Google translate:

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

"[...] also filtered easily accessible personal information, such as age, income, address, religion, or possession of firearms, from the Internet and matched it with purchased data from banks, credit card companies, and other social media giants, Google and Twitter.
[...] a network of actors who pursue common ideological goals with this strategy. The focus is on the obscure hedge fund billionaire and computer scientist Robert Mercer, who cleverly veiled his massive financial support for Trump, and his faithful aide Steve Bannon. [...]
[...]"Steve Bannon's psychological warfare mind**** tool."

Five people did all that, tailored messages directed at private addresses in camera, under exclusion from the public. It is impressive, the end of democracy by digital means. No wonder Russia is also going all along that way, and China.
“The connectivity that is the heart of globalisation can be exploited by states with hostile intent to further their aims.[…] The risks at stake are profound and represent a fundamental threat to our sovereignty.”
Alex Younger, head of MI6, December, 2016

Film only in german/french (or so i think? )

edit: also https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...x-bannon-trump

Last edited by Catfish; 10-12-18 at 03:57 AM.
Old 10-12-18, 03:07 AM   #5591
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
So, you'd be in favor for a President who has done sufficient crimes to not only have impeachment proceedings started against him, but actual impeachment reached and be pardoned for his crimes and then be reinstated as the President by playing the system?

Such patriotism. Much wow.

EDIT: Oh, and according to your constitution, Trump would have to be confirmed as VP by the people who impeached him. Logic!

Last edited by Dowly; 10-12-18 at 04:51 AM.
Old 10-12-18, 05:03 AM   #5592
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The problem is not the many who see how pointless it is to vote, but the problem is the few who think they should stick to the system and keep the political caste of parasites in power and legitimised office.

Politics as we know and define it, must be brought to an end. Politicians will always deny realities they do not like. On the day they stormed the bastille in Paris, the French king wrote in his diary "Rien - Nothing." The aristocratic class would have never volunteered to give up their priviliges and grab to power - thats why the revolution turned out to be so violent and bloody. It was the only way it could work.

These times will come back, both in Europe and the US. Those in power and priviliged positions will fight back and have tailored the system to be abl to do so. So the outcome is uncertain: the fall of states, or military dictatorships. Our children will learn about the outcome.

Boycott political parties and state offices. Become independent form their attempts to lure and bribe you into obedience. If you legitimise them, you play THEIR game by THEIR rules designed to protect THEIR interests. No government can hold itself at power without the use of violent force if the voter turnout is just 1 or 2%, or not even that.

End politics. Or politics will end us. We cannot afford political parties and career politicians anymore.
Old 10-12-18, 05:13 AM   #5593
Catfish

^ No, it is cyberwarfare applied to politicians, and generally speaking military psychological operations used on the civilian society. Informational dominance, a set of techniques that includes rumour, disinformation and fake news. And it works "well", as you just proved.

"Politics is downstream from culture, so to change politics you need to change culture. And fashion trends are a useful proxy for that. Trump is like a pair of Uggs, or Crocs, basically. So how do you get from people thinking "Totally ugly" to the moment when everyone is wearing them?"

We are all f'd up, including politicians. You can extract Bannon from this definition as a politician, though. And Trump is only a marionette.

Old 10-12-18, 06:21 AM   #5594
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

It's all about who to blame. Let's see . My how the list grows. The Electoral Collage, the Russians, James Comey, misogyny, Bernie Sanders, Fox News, Citizens United, the NRA, fake news and of course Cambridge Analytica. Did I miss anything?

Quote:
As recently as 2011, the Democrats controlled the White House, 59 percent of the House, and a filibuster-proof 60 percent of the Senate. Under the same laws, the same Constitution, and with an almost identical electorate, the Democrats controlled the political branches of government with huge majorities. How did they lose it all? Because the people did not like what they did with that power once they had it. That’s not a broken system, it’s a democratic republic working as designed.
http://thefederalist.com/2018/10/11/...reality-check/

The sad thing about this is that Democrats and the progressive wing that seems to be taking over that party haven't learned a thing. A perfect example of that just played out in the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings. From Feinstein's shady behavior, to Booker's clown show, to crazies banging on the chamber door the left in America have lost their way. Continually try to blame or find excuses for the current political reality is not the way forward. Upping the ante on identity and gender politics is not the answer. Old white women blaming old white men is not the answer. It is time to look in the mirror and ask what are we doing wrong.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Last edited by u crank; 10-12-18 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Grammer
Old 10-12-18, 06:36 AM   #5595
Catfish

bullhorn

You did not read the whole article. It is not about who to blame, it is about what really happened, how, and why.

I mean this article: The psychological warfare tool

Last edited by Catfish; 10-12-18 at 06:46 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter