Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-22-15, 12:16 PM   #46
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireftr18 View Post
Here's a link to fire truck too cool to not share.

https://www.facebook.com/StreetRodFi...63259/?fref=nf
Now that was cool

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-16, 11:23 PM   #47
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 0

Short video of fighting a brush fire.

https://www.facebook.com/perthnow/vi...3787262716192/
Old 01-30-16, 11:34 PM   #48
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

Default Fire at The Lexington Stockyards

The Lexington Stockyards burned today. It is a very large facility built mostly of wood timbers and is open air. The fire immediately went to 3 alarms and about 120 firefighters were on scene. On the fortunate side, no one was injured and only about 25 head of cattle were there. Apparently, they were expecting a delivery of about 1200 cattle, so I expect it was stock full of feed and hay.
I have actually made several various calls there, mostly first aid.

https://www.facebook.com/nigelhaarst...type=3&theater
Old 01-30-16, 11:42 PM   #49
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

More Stockyard pics
https://www.facebook.com/dustin.spil...02938315713765
Old 01-31-16, 10:20 PM   #50
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

http://www.firerescue1.com/fire-atta...e-in-25-years/
Old 02-19-16, 11:17 PM   #51
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

Default Old Lexington Fire Truck now a Movie Star

http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/c...e61312502.html

Over the years, I think I rode every position on this truck. I was never actually assigned to it. I was assigned to a twin to it, so to cover a shortage on that truck, they came to our truck frequently. It was in the end scene of the A-Team movie.
Old 02-19-16, 11:51 PM   #52
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

ARE U doing 'extra work' where they need fire or EMT people for local productions? All my day- background extras on Trauma were often real life fire and emergency personnel. Assuming u can still fit in your turnout gear! if you can help with scripts that'd be a plus; my show lasted 18 episodes due to poor writing!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 02-19-16 at 11:58 PM.
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-16, 06:24 PM   #53
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

Not a whole lot of opportunity around me to work in some kind of production. I guess the closest I'll come to being in a movie or TV show is the remainder of my essence in Old Ladder 5.
Old 02-20-16, 10:45 PM   #54
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

Aktungbby, I was on IMDB looking for something and stumbled upon this actor. Read his bio, and scroll to the bottom of his list of jobs.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6164574/
Old 02-21-16, 01:12 AM   #55
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

interesting!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 05-01-16, 11:33 PM   #56
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default Well at least the fire's out.....

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ff765c9513f4452b8295e6fa94d53063/most-states-do-bare-minimum-fire-foam-contamination
Quote:
The military is checking U.S. bases for potential groundwater contamination from a toxic firefighting foam, but most states so far show little inclination to examine civilian sites for the same threat.
The foam was likely used around the country at certain airports, refineries and other sites where catastrophic petroleum fires were a risk, but an Associated Press survey of emergency management, environmental and health agencies in all 50 states showed most haven't tracked its use and don't even know whether it was used, where or when.
Only five states — Alaska, Minnesota, New Jersey, Vermont and Wisconsin — are tracking the chemicals used in the foam and spilled from other sources through ongoing water monitoring or by looking for potentially contaminated sites. A dozen states are beginning or planning to investigate the chemicals — known as perfluorinated compounds, or PFCs — which have been linked to prostate, kidney and testicular cancer, along with other illnesses.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-guernsey-22653453 &http://www.rcinet.ca/eye-on-the-arctic/2016/01/19/agency-wants-limits-on-fire-foam-pollution-in-sweden/

Old 05-02-16, 09:13 PM   #57
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

Aktung, I read about that some time ago. It's from foam that has been used some time ago. Foam that has been used for the past 15/20 years is non-toxic and environmentally friendly.
Old 05-03-16, 12:07 AM   #58
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

well, it just made the Napa papers yesterday apparently (4/30/2016) updated! The stuff was invented by 3M in Minnesota! Good lord! if it got into the water table, the Hamm's could be affected
Quote:
MINNESOTA
The state's 3M Co. invented PFOA. It began to phase it out in 2002 in response to health concerns raised by the EPA, but wells near the manufacturer's disposal sites were contaminated. The state used money from a settlement agreement and consent order with 3M to sample water statewide for PFCs.
Quote:
State officials say they're still monitoring groundwater and evaluating clean-up options at the Duluth Air National Guard Base and in the city of Bemidji after contamination was discovered in 2008 from the foam.
We could end up like Michigan breweries!

Last edited by Aktungbby; 05-03-16 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-05-16, 10:14 PM   #59
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default FT MACMURRAY (Alberta, Canada) FIRE 88,000 evacuate

This is looking very bad:
Quote:
....said the blaze so far has destroyed or damaged 1,600 buildings and homes in Fort McMurray. She flew over the area and tweeted photos of the fire, which grew to 85,000-hectares, or 330 square miles, on Thursday. “The view from the air is heartbreaking,” she wrote.
Thousands of people who left Fort McMurray went north instead of south, bound for evacuation centers at the oil sands work camps there. Even though the camps were not directly threatened by the fire on Thursday, the severing of Highway 63 left them cut off from the rest of the country by land. Officials were organizing an airlift on Thursday to fly about 10,000 people out, using an air strip at one of the energy company sites.
By forcing some oil sands projects and pipeline companies to suspend operations and evacuate workers, the fire has begun to have an impact on the Canadian oil industry. Some analysts estimated that production had fallen by about one-third, or 640,000 barrels a day, according to Reuters.The upside:
Quote:
Fort McMurray fire chief Darby Allen appeared to fight back tears at one news conference as he discussed the evacuation effort. “No one is hurt, and no one has passed away right now,” he said. “I really hope we get to the end of this and we can still say that."
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/05/04/world/americas/fort-mcmurray-canada-fire-photos-videos-map.html?_r=0

Old 05-06-16, 10:10 PM   #60
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

I've been following it. I don't think "very bad" really covers it. I think this is the worse I remember hearing about. Prayers for citizens and firefighters.
I saw an article today that firefighters are finally able to get some rest after 30 hours of straight work.