SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-13-21, 10:34 PM   #61
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

i had a very weird dream maybe a month ago.

I was running around with some of my friends and some girls on the Neptune countryside. Literally Neptune had a solid surface and there were gigantic meadows with grass that was as high as your head, and there were seas, homes, and the Northern Lights. Also people were talking about how “hot it was” on Neptune.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 12:52 AM   #62
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

One of the side effects of Aricept is vivid dreams; when I started to take it while back, I was really surprised at how vivid they can be, and I discovered, by accident, that acetaminophen (Tylenol) taken at the same time as the Aricept heightened the vividness; I still retained the ability to control and steer my dreams, but, oddly, I started having dreams about old jobs and projects I had worked on, going back decades, in some cases; when I have those dreams, I tend to rehash some unsolved problem or issue with projects I felt were unresolved; the kicker is, I find myself coming up with solutions to the problems that I had missed before, but, since the time has long passed, there is no need for the solution...

<O>
Old 06-02-21, 01:56 PM   #63
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Default Reviving this old masterpiece

Another weird dream of mine,

I don't know when this was, but it was probably a while ago considering this is the only thing I remember from that dream:

In my dream segment, I am in a sort of Cosco like store with some people I don't know. Then, for whatever reason I take out a huge knife from one of the shelves and I said, "I'm gonna show you fellas how safe this knife is" and I turn the knife around and stab myself in the gut.

I felt the knife stabbing me, but the feeling I felt wasn't pain, it was some other weird feeling I don't know how to describe.

Then I woke up for real in the real early morning and I had to check and see if I had a knife wound in my gut because it felt so real

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Old 06-02-21, 02:48 PM   #64
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

The last few years or so I have been dreaming about death.

In many of them I meet former family members, like my dad and sometimes my elderly sister.

In one of these dreams I was dead..Can't remember everything from this dream.

I do remember thinking in this dream, where I'm dead.

I can't remember all the information I gather from this dream.
So first how do I feel.

Nothing I felt nothing.

Two things more.
You see colour in the afterlife, but they are mat.
And you also get tired when your dead, because I had a dream in my dream where I was dead-Can't remember what I dreamed, only that I had dream in my dream.

Confused..so was I when I woke.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 03:26 PM   #65
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Actually I have had a dream inside of dream before. I was sleeping in real life, and I was dreaming about school or what not, and then I went to sleep in my dream and in my fake dream my dad was looking at my non-existent roof in my bedroom (all I could see was the stars and the Milk way) and then he said, “Time to wake up for school.”

Well I woke up in that dream to the non-existent roof again, and then I woke up in real life at 05:00

Old 06-02-21, 03:44 PM   #66
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

False awakening isn't that rare. Can't remember how many out of 100 people have or had these false awakening.

I do not count how many of these I had throughout the years. My record is 3 false awakening- Oh manner was i confused when I woke for real...was I still dreaming or not.

Markus

Old 06-02-21, 03:52 PM   #67
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

That’s the name of it.

Has anyone here ever had a “lucid dream”

Old 06-02-21, 04:44 PM   #68
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Whacko View Post
and some girls on the Neptune countryside.
...but was she ughly??

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 01:44 AM   #69
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Whacko View Post
That’s the name of it.

Has anyone here ever had a “lucid dream”

Have them all the time; been a normal state since I was a child; I even 'edit' and 'direct' them as they are happening; it is the main reason I very, very rarely have what could be called a 'bad dream'; if the dream goes in a direction I don't like, I simply recognize the situation and either change it or just will myself to wake up, stopping the dream; I have also, in the past, been able to work through some daytime problems by setting finding solutions as a objective as I start to fall asleep; strange, but, for me, it often works...

<O>
Old 06-03-21, 03:26 AM   #70
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

I've had a couple lucid dreams, and they were awesome.

I've also had sleep paralysis, and that is terrifying ... usually. Except it happened to me just the other day (maybe the third time in my life) and was more frustrating than anything.

My wife had just called my name to wake me up and ask me a question. I knew I had been asleep, was now awake, and wanted to respond to her ... but I simply couldn't. I could not move, speak or even open my eyes. This only lasted probably 5 seconds, after which I was able to sit up and answer her.

The other times it happened to me, I was alone. But I felt like I wasn't. And the other presence I felt was definitely not a benevolent one. But they say that's common with this phenomenon.
Old 06-03-21, 03:47 AM   #71
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Have them all the time; been a normal state since I was a child; I even 'edit' and 'direct' them as they are happening; it is the main reason I very, very rarely have what could be called a 'bad dream'; if the dream goes in a direction I don't like, I simply recognize the situation and either change it or just will myself to wake up, stopping the dream; I have also, in the past, been able to work through some daytime problems by setting finding solutions as a objective as I start to fall asleep; strange, but, for me, it often works...

<O>
Right!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 11:23 AM   #72
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
...but was she ughly??
Not when they are all your past crushes

Old 06-03-21, 11:29 AM   #73
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

I've had a mini sleep paralysis case before.

I had fallen asleep in the bonus room watching a TV show about ghosts, and I had fallen asleep against a beanie bag. Then I wake up all the sudden and right in front of me is the ghost girl from the Ring hiding behind the beanie bag (I had turned myself around in my sleep to face the wall behind the beanie bag) she was crouched down, looking at me like this:

Then rather quickly her face just turned into the most malicious smile ever, and thats when I snapped out of it and sprinted down the hallway to my parents room.

The whole thing lasted only like four seconds.

Old 06-03-21, 11:58 AM   #74
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

This paralysis as you call it was something I suffered from in my youth.

It always happened before I fell asleep.

My body got paralysis-I could think, but couldn't move a muscle.

Sometimes I also heard music.

Markus

Old 06-03-21, 02:20 PM   #75
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

I haven't had something similar to that since.

But I have had these very vivid dreams were I would wake up and I would do things, and I could feel my body doing these things. Then I would fall back asleep and I would always vaguely remember them.

It almost always occured when someone was in the same room as me.

Mapuc, I think what you are talking about there is that your body has fallen asleep but your mind hasn't. When we fall asleep, our body muscles tighten to prevent ourselves from acting out our dreams, and then we start to dream (which might explain the audio halluncinations). I know there is a name for this, but I cannot find it.