SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-04-10, 04:18 PM   #3436
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

just realised I made an error in v3.3.0. The stock UZO is a different zoom power than the stock scopes and the stock attack scope is a different zoom power than the stock obs scope. I'm going to make a bugfix that let's each scope use a different .dds for the RAOBF graticules so that in the future one can change scope powers and all that needs to be done is update that scope's RAOBF graticule file If you use a scope mode like Arclight's then this 'error' does not apply to you because his attack and obs are at 6x zoom power.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 04:30 PM   #3437
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holin View Post
Swap images("fotos").

I understand that part but I don't understand what you're wanting swapped. That is why I'm asking for a screenshot pointing out the items you're saying need to be swapped.
Old 07-04-10, 04:32 PM   #3438
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Excuse me for butting into the AOBF discussion. First of all, those 3 tabs look weird. THere's something wrong with the alpha channel. The originals were tga files WITH alpha channels and were done in such a way as to mimic shadows. The inner moving dial has to be manually rotated in photoshop to make it correct for the periscope camera settings. It's easy work but requires a bit of calculations. Check the "New Interface for Uboats" thread in the ATO section for all details regarding my periscope reticule. I wrote there how I adjusted it.

But to be honest, TDW, you can do better than a simple AOBF. THe concept was first used way before OLC's interface to mimic this:

Since nobody had access to scripts in SH3 and SH4, simulating the real aob wheel was impossible.
As you can see the real deal didn't have the milirad readings. The stadimeter was linked directly to the device and it moved automatically. All the captain had to do was set in the target height (it's the transparent thing on the inner part) and the length (same thing but on the outer part). Which brings me to an important question. Can you make the stadimeter also work horizontally? I did imagine a fake way but didn't use it in KiUB. Here's how....

In a square triangle that has one angle of 26.565 degrees, the Tangent of the angle being 0.5, it means that one of the sides is twice as big as the other side. If we apply this to the stadimeter:

where A is an angle of (90-26.565 degrees) all the player needs to do is center the ship and then move the stadimeter until the fake ship touches the two green lines. The stadimeter will thenshow how many degrees the LENGTH of the ship occupies. With a bit of scripting, you could create 2 variables, StadiVertical and StadiHorizontal which move the inner dial and create a button that switches which variable is actually moving it. And the diagonal lines would only show when working in horizontal mode.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 04:45 PM   #3439
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

If people provide me the information and how something functions I can usually make it. This is very interesting what you have posted Have to play with that idea of yours tomorrow But for now this simple RAOBF will work until then.
Old 07-04-10, 05:13 PM   #3440
madmex
Sailor man

Downloads: 127

TheDarkWraith

version 3.3.0 available here: downloaded suspended pending v3.3.1 that allows different RAOBF graticule .dds files for each scope.......

but there is no working link to see ??

Jack
Old 07-04-10, 05:17 PM   #3441
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmex View Post
TheDarkWraith

version 3.3.0 available here: downloaded suspended pending v3.3.1 that allows different RAOBF graticule .dds files for each scope.......

but there is no working link to see ??

Jack
v3.3.1 will be releasing here soon. I had to make a change for the better and to future proof the mod

EDIT:

Changes made. I needed to give each scope it's own .dds file for the RAOBF graticule to future proof it and so that if user decides to use a periscope mod all that needs to be done is a patch made for the .dds files for the RAOBF graticules so they're 'calibrated' to the scope.

Uploading now....filefront is slow today on uploads...says 39 minutes left.....

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 07-04-10 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-04-10, 06:33 PM   #3442
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v3.3.1 released. See post #1 for details

EDIT:

for the UZO, when using the RAOBF you have to take the readings you get from the graticule and divide them by 2. So if the height is read off as 15 it's actually 7.5. If one side of center reads 20 then it's actually 10.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 07-04-10 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-04-10, 07:13 PM   #3443
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Do we know why it was disabled? Or how it happened? I haven't coded in malfunctions, breakdowns, or sabotage yet so that's not it. If it happens again please save your ship's journal and send it to me. It might tell me why what you experienced happened.
This has happened to me a few times, too, on both scopes and the UZO. Torpedoes can still be fired and when the doors say disabled the torps fire instantly instead of following the preset delay...
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 07:29 PM   #3444
Brauner
Watch

Downloads: 101
Default Graticules

I couldn't get it to work installed all UI Modes and still cant see new scopes
Brauner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 07:36 PM   #3445
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

There aren't new scopes in this mod, just the RAOBF.
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 08:13 PM   #3446
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

These are the scopes i use .
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=165408
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 08:20 PM   #3447
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I use the same ones - light version of them RAOBF works perfectly with them and the patch I provided (6x 6x 7x)
Old 07-04-10, 08:26 PM   #3448
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I use the same ones - light version of them RAOBF works perfectly with them and the patch I provided (6x 6x 7x)
Yes they do work perfectly , thanks .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-10, 02:00 AM   #3449
ologuy
Mate

Downloads: 48

Hey there TDW,
love the RAOBF, works great! But maybe it would be better to rotate it with the mouse?
ologuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-10, 05:57 AM   #3450
madmex
Sailor man

Downloads: 127

I love your work TheDarkWraith and everything is working fine but only one thing how can we move the XO face and info from the middle off the scope.
Is it possible to move the XO face to the right bottom abd when we push on the face we see the info then also on the right site bottom so we have a free site in the middle.

Thanks,
madmex

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui