SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-26-06, 09:33 AM   #91
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Jus't kidding I'll do it this afternoon, first I was going to make it and release it with the other canals mod ,but I didn't because of the canal gates (I didn't know how they where called in english, sorry about the locks thing ), about the suez canal I don't think it has gates, at least they aren't visible in the satellite pictures of google earth, but the mediterranean entrance is near port said, I'm pretty sure they have it well covered.
Great ref!
And about the AI...these behaviours don't let that we do a really interesting traffic. It's a pity!

Rubini.
Rubini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-06, 10:06 AM   #92
Hitch
Sailor man

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ref
The locations file must be edited manually, the mission file can be merged with the mission editor that cames with SH3, file->open scripted layer open campaign_SCR.mis in Campaigns\campaign folder and then file->merge and point it to CCIP's .mis file,
then file->Save Scripted Layer as and overwrite campaign_SCR.mis.

REMEMBER TO DO A BACKUP FIRST

Ref
Ref,
I tried the above but when I try to save I get the following error: "Error found when validating mission. Please see the mission validation window and solve them before saving."

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Hitch
Old 02-26-06, 10:11 AM   #93
Nedlam
Ensign

Downloads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP
This is for those who know how to do it - and you may feel free to use it in any (free) mod
Darn, the campaign files are a set of files that still elude me. Even with the program TT created.

EDIT: Disregard. It magically worked for me today and I could actually access and understand the files. Go figure?!?!

Light dawns on Marblehead...
Old 02-26-06, 10:57 AM   #94
ref
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ref
The locations file must be edited manually, the mission file can be merged with the mission editor that cames with SH3, file->open scripted layer open campaign_SCR.mis in Campaigns\campaign folder and then file->merge and point it to CCIP's .mis file,

Ref
Ref,
I tried the above but when I try to save I get the following error: "Error found when validating mission. Please see the mission validation window and solve them before saving."

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Hitch
I'm not into the mission editor myself, the one time i use it was to incorporate CCIP's mod, and to put a sub near the canal to test it, the error you're having happens to my when I try to save the campaign as a normal mission, are you sure you are saving it as a scripted layer ?
Anyway you should ask to someone better qualified than me (CCIP itself or Rubini).

Ref
ref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-06, 03:16 PM   #95
ref
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini
ref,
Any possibility to make Panama Canal?:hmm:

Rubini.
Here It is :

http://rapidshare.de/files/14212138/...Canal.zip.html

Now you have to populate it

Ref
ref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-06, 05:03 PM   #96
booger2005
Engineer

Downloads: 11

Does anyone else think this mod is important enough to be stickied?
booger2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-06, 05:57 PM   #97
Hitch
Sailor man

[/quote]
I'm not into the mission editor myself, the one time i use it was to incorporate CCIP's mod, and to put a sub near the canal to test it, the error you're having happens to my when I try to save the campaign as a normal mission, are you sure you are saving it as a scripted layer ?
Anyway you should ask to someone better qualified than me (CCIP itself or Rubini).

Ref[/quote]

Ref,
Working great now!

Danke!!!
Hitch
Old 02-27-06, 01:37 AM   #98
Tazzie
Helmsman

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ref

Ref
I did all that and have now lost all of my harbour traffic. Anybody got any suggestions? :hmm:
\"The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate technology, led them into it in the first place.\" - Douglas Adams
Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-06, 03:47 AM   #99
TigerKatziTatzi
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ref

Ref
I did all that and have now lost all of my harbour traffic. Anybody got any suggestions? :hmm:

hope u did a backup of ur original campaign_scr.mis.

After clicking on 'merge' there comes a dialog, u have to check the box.

TigerKatziTatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-06, 05:50 AM   #100
Tazzie
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdre Gibs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzie
What version of HT are you using? The reason I ask is I'm willing to upload the SCR MIS + Location.cfg file's to my FTP for those using HTv1.47, if ppl want it. Its been merged with CCIP's lil added traffic an locations so its good to go.
That would be great Commander Gibbs. I'm using HT 1.47.
\"The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate technology, led them into it in the first place.\" - Douglas Adams
Old 02-27-06, 06:34 AM   #101
KarlSteiner
Bosun

Downloads: 257

Hi ref,

thanks for your efforts to bring us a terrain editor. I am an old mariner and uboat-hardliner. Many thanks for your work. I have seen your Kauser_Wilhelm_Kanal (new name Nordostseekanal).
I have made some Lighthouses like Fastnet_Rock, but nobody can help me to bring a utility foward to import them into SH3 with new 3D-Objects.

I hope I can use your utility very soon, because I have many locations in SH3-world like Cape_Hoorn to corrugate.

Best regards

Karl

Last edited by KarlSteiner; 05-29-06 at 05:10 AM.
KarlSteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-06, 06:41 AM   #102
Tazzie
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdre Gibs
For those in a pickel. This is NOT a mod, its a service. All credit go's to ref an CCIP. I'm just the delivery boy.

Link:
http://www.git.com.au/~voyager_tek/HT+CCIP_merge.zip

PS: Umm btw, Cdre = Commodore. And its Gibs with 1 b
Thanks Cdre Gibs. Thats what I get for siting in front of my pc without my glasses on.
Old 02-27-06, 07:49 AM   #103
MLF
Weps

Downloads: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by booger2005
Does anyone else think this mod is important enough to be stickied?
There seems to be a lot of useful info in this topic that is in danger of getting lost. I would agree that it should be "stickied" for a while

MLF
Old 02-27-06, 10:07 AM   #104
perdu
A-ganger

I was tring to correct a part of land into the brest harbour and i have a problem of relief.
all what the land i added is only la few cm above du sea level..

where can i change it?
perdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-06, 11:01 AM   #105
ref
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by perdu
I was tring to correct a part of land into the brest harbour and i have a problem of relief.
all what the land i added is only la few cm above du sea level..

where can i change it?
You change it in the RL.raw file,darker brown color means higher altitude, be sure to use only the colors in sh3 palette (use the color picker tool).

you don´t need to be extremely accurate in the height file, It's impossible due to the size diferences with the mask file (remember that the mask file defines what is land and what is water), so unless you need the water near land to be a certain deep, it's not even necesary to draw it blue in the height map.

If you can't figure it out post an image of the cuadrant you're trying to modify, so I can see what you're doing wrong.

Ref