Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-04-17, 03:44 PM   #181
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
I agree Jim, but what could we do so that South Korea wouldn't end up looking like Iraq? We couldn't stop everything North Korea would throw at South Korea, would be a bloody mess, with a lot of South Korean cities looking like Mosul, sadly.
I think the South could defeat the North in a conventional conflict, especially when the Thaad missile system becomes fully operational.

I'm not so sure the Generals in the North would support Kim wholeheartedly if they realised he wasn't going to win.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-17, 04:03 PM   #182
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

https://www.welt.de/politik/ausland/...he-Rakete.html

I recommend to use a translation bot for this. The article explores the question where the hgeck NK did get such a missile, and how it was able to score such a successful (!) series of tests in such a short ammount of time. It is unlikely that it was capable to develope this by itself, so it must have bought it, at least major parts of it. It could be that the Chinese or Russia equip NK in order to enable it to form a military threat to the US. Both countries' interests for that are obvious. It could be India to install NK as a nculear player against China. It could be Iran. The missile program of NK has ties with all these countries, and latest hardware spotting reports show new hardware from these countries being used for NKorean missiles and missile carriers.

Including technology produced from European companies.

The Chinese can and should not be trusted over NK. I am convinced they play a double game when pressing NK. A second military threat to the US in the region is in their best interest.
Old 07-04-17, 04:06 PM   #183
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I think the South could defeat the North in a conventional conflict, especially when the Thaad missile system becomes fully operational.
And does not get flooded with overwhelming scores of incoming vampyres.
Old 07-04-17, 06:06 PM   #184
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

I say we give NK five (5) more years saying peace, peace, lets be at peace and then piss them off so we can kiss our butts good-by
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-17, 06:05 AM   #185
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
And does not get flooded with overwhelming scores of incoming vampyres.
Not sure what you mean Sky

Old 07-05-17, 06:08 AM   #186
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Now we see the predictable response and rhetoric

Quote:
The US and South Korea have held a ballistic missile drill, after North Korea tested a long-range missile experts believe may reach Alaska.
Self-restraint was "all that separated armistice and war" and could be changed at any time, the two allies said.
It would be a "grave mistake" for the North to think otherwise, they said.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-40503558

Old 07-05-17, 07:52 AM   #187
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

I guess taking this régime out would be a good and positive thing for the entire rest of the world, considered all we know and hear.

On the other side it may take generations to change minds away from decade-long propaganda and indoctrination of the NK people.
http://all-that-is-interesting.com/n...n-propaganda/2
http://www.theblaze.com/news/2013/07...s-youd-expect/
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...dd1c5e7a6cb5bf

And to prevent a falling back. I mean look what happens in Russia, with all this Stalin hype and old communist 'welldoing' nostalgia. And what happens in Germany, with this "Ostalgia", how nice the GDR was.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 07-05-17 at 09:25 AM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-17, 09:21 AM   #188
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Not sure what you mean Sky
Something that war theorists think would be common at a major engagement at sea nowadays: naval units firing their missiles in huge quantity and short time, creating swarms of vampyres (=missiles) that overload the target's distance and point defence, or has it running out of counter-missile missiles. Create a more densly saturated attack volley than the target has capacity to neutralise. Thats is also the main porboem that Ronny's Star Wars idea failed over: the Russians could have saturated the atmosphere with more incoming warheads than the US mainland had missiles and platforms to shoot down.

If you know the target area for an airstrike is defended by four missile carriers with four missiles each, what do you do if you want to be certain at least one plane gets through to strike? You send not 4x4=16 but you send 17 planes at least.

Thats what is so bad about our modern time defence tehcnology. It is costly, super-capasble, but is available only at very limited numbers. Huge numbers have a charm of their own. And every loss of one Hightech platform by the defender weighs even the more heavy and has more costly consequences.

Royal Navy dilemma, anyone? Good quality units, but ridiculously small numbers now?
Old 07-05-17, 10:00 AM   #189
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
the Russians could have saturated the atmosphere with more incoming warheads than the US mainland had missiles and platforms to shoot down.
We also had our own star wars.
Old 07-05-17, 10:47 AM   #190
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
We also had our own star wars.
We are working on the coverage problem ... It's not just Russian anymore.

or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-17, 11:19 AM   #191
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

@ Skybird

I stand corrected, I knew that Kim is some kind of a psychopath-I'm not a Psychologist or psychiatrist, but have through other program about these type of people learned that they can have a high level of "Me an only me comes first" and they have a high level of "Let everyone die, as long I can live on/forever" = no death wish. Something like that.

I think, from having seen, read and heard political and military expert, that Kim is playing a very risky game with USA and its allied.

Yesterday before bedtime, I read the lastest news on telefax(TV) and there it said that diplomacy has failed. USA is searching for some other way to punish NK. As mentioned in my former comments USA is working on some kind of Embargo against banks and companies in China.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-17, 04:48 PM   #192
Skybird
Soaring

A diagnosed psychopathic personality structure is a person who has no ability to feel empathy and thus cannot feel the justified needs and desires and emotions of other living beings, may it be animals or humans. Therefore they treat them cold, cruel, abusive and torture them like they want and see useful - like you and me claim the right to place that dead book on the table in the way we want it, in the left corner or the right corner, closed or open, and if the book would all of a sudden resist our will, we would become enraged and feel free to shredder or burn it without remorse, for we think it is just a thing without a will of its own. We would feel no moral scruples and no guilt. That is what a psychopath is. Living beigns are things to him, and he reserves the right to handle them like things and to manipulate them like he wants, like you keep the flowers on your table one day longer, of throw them away already today. You do not feel guilty if throwing them away. You feel no obligations to them and no responsibility for your handling of them. Things are things only.

Its most likely indeed a neurally encoded deficit, a handicap in the hardware that you cannot argue with, cannot convince and cannot give therapy of any sorts to, and so there is no known treatment or cure to it - you an only lock such a person away, or kill it. Lower grades of psychopathic personality characterics are found to be comulated in certain professional branches like politics, banking management, doctors, and higher ranks and leasdership psoitions in many other branches as well. Yopu need a certain power and willingness to be brutal to do certain things or climb in the popwer hierarchy. This shows that we are talking about not a fixiated quality state (either you are psychopathic or not), but a spectrum of psychopathic quality (we all are psychopaths, some more, some less). I claim that the socially helpful jobs also show many non-maximum-grade psychopaths in action, they define themselves by the power they have over others.

Last edited by Skybird; 07-05-17 at 05:00 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-17, 05:49 PM   #193
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Thank you for giving me a little lesson on how a psychopath is thinking. I do know there are several types of psychopath, such as sociopath.

Don't know what type of psychopath Kim is.

Do you think, with your knowledge that Kim wouldn't hesitate to use his ICBM against USA as a first strike, when NK has developed the technique to shrimp their nukes so they fit in the top of a ICBM ?

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-17, 06:43 AM   #194
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
vampyres (=missiles)
Ah, right, now I understand

I stand by an earlier statement I made when I said China holds the key and as I've recently posted in the Volvo electric vehicle thread, I suspect Trump will attempt to gather support at the forthcoming G20 Summit to impose sanctions not only on Kim but also China for breaking a promise or failing to make good an assurance they would act against Kim at the meeting Trump had with Xi Jinping recently.

IMHO economic stability and prosperity is the be all and end all in the current Chinese priorities.

Old 07-06-17, 04:07 PM   #195
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Fortunately, I have met only one person I truly believe was a psychopath. Unfortunately, he was in the military.
Fortunately he did not have access to weapons.
Unfortunately, he did not need weapons to torture animals to death.
Fortunately, his tendencies came to the attention of the authorities
Unfortunately, he was very well connected
Fortunately, I never had to be around him after graduation
Unfortunately, I fear that he continued torturing animals.

A very scary individual. Talking to him was horrifying.

Tags
korea, north korea