Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-18, 05:29 PM   #4471
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Trump is trumping Mueller by stating that since he has no lawyer he can not proceed to subject himself to questioning under oath
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 03-29-18, 05:44 PM   #4472
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Trump is trumping Mueller by stating that since he has no lawyer he can not proceed to subject himself to questioning under oath
How about a court appointed lawyer?
Old 03-29-18, 05:53 PM   #4473
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
I guess there are some things that even a lawyer won't do.
Yeah few will betray the swamp which after all is completely made up of lawyers.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 03-30-18, 06:12 AM   #4474
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

How's the draining of said swamp going, btw?
Old 03-30-18, 11:18 AM   #4475
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

"That's What They Did In The Soviet Union, 'Show Me The Man, And I'll Find You The Crime'" | By Jack Fink | Geoff Petrulis | CBS 11

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/03/29/d...-soviet-union/

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 03-31-18, 11:26 AM   #4476
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Yeah few will betray the swamp which after all is completely made up of lawyers.

Last edited by em2nought; 03-31-18 at 11:28 AM. Reason: too big
Old 03-31-18, 01:55 PM   #4477
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
How's the draining of said swamp going, btw?
I think it has become self-draining, LOL
Old 04-01-18, 09:49 AM   #4478
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I think it has become self-draining, LOL
If only,

Foe of Endangered Species Act lands gig overseeing — You guessed it — Wildlife

Quote:
It’s like “appointing an arsonist as the town fire marshal,” said one conservationist.
Old 04-01-18, 10:38 AM   #4479
August
Wayfaring Stranger

That doesn't make him a swamp creature, quite the opposite.

A swamp creature would support the Endangered Species Act, not to save the precious little furry animals which it almost never does, but rather for the sweeping powers that the law gives the federal government. Laws which have been used to grab millions of acres of American land.

Quote:
Since 1984, the ESA has included a clause that all habitats deemed crucial to the survival of an endangered species be protected by federal law. Under the Obama administration, these rules were extended to also protect land that endangered species do not yet inhabit, but could be used for species rehabilitation in the future. Opponents have argued that the act is a federal land grab. “It has never been used for the rehabilitation of species,” Representative Rob Bishop (R-Utah) told the Associated Press in January. “It’s been used for control of the land.”
Others have claimed that the ESA hurts local economies. “Most of these costs are difficult or impossible to measure,” Jonathan Wood, an attorney who represents opponents of the act, told Climate Central. “They’re the homes that were never built, the businesses that were never started.”
In response to these economic concerns, several state attorneys general sent a letter to the Trump transition team in January and filed a complaint about the act with a US District Court in Alabama, according to Scientific American.
https://www.the-scientist.com/?artic...gered-Species/

Old 04-01-18, 12:18 PM   #4480
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
That doesn't make him a swamp creature, quite the opposite.

A swamp creature would support the Endangered Species Act, not to save the precious little furry animals which it almost never does, but rather for the sweeping powers that the law gives the federal government. Laws which have been used to grab millions of acres of American land.

https://www.the-scientist.com/?artic...gered-Species/
I don't know about those millions of acres, as I do not have the time to look into it right now (perhaps you could provide a source?), but for the rest of your quote:

Your own article also states this:

Quote:
Supporters of the ESA have cited a PNAS study, which reported that, as of 2015, the act had not substantially interfered with or halted any major building projects. Others have pointed to the universal benefits of species conservation. “Habitat loss is the single largest cause of species extinction worldwide, so the ability to preserve the habitat needed by species is the most powerful tool of the Endangered Species Act,” ecologist Bradley Cardindale of the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor told Climate Central. “Conservation of biological diversity provides people with insurance that the world will be able to produce their air, water and food even as the climate changes.”
The study says that:

Quote:
We analyze data on all 88,290 consultations (building projects -Dowly) recorded by FWS from January 2008 through April 2015. In contrast to conventional wisdom about section 7 implementation, no project was stopped or extensively altered as a result of FWS finding jeopardy or adverse modification during this period.
Here's also an article talking about the study:
Study finds criticisms of Endangered Species Act unfounded

Quote:
The analysis shows that the act “hasn’t been killing the economy, hasn’t stopped jobs,” Li says. “The empirical evidence and analysis shows us that what some people thought was true is not.”
Old 04-01-18, 01:18 PM   #4481
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
I don't know about those millions of acres, as I do not have the time to look into it right now (perhaps you could provide a source?), but for the rest of your quote:

Your own article also states this:

The study says that:

Here's also an article talking about the study:
Study finds criticisms of Endangered Species Act unfounded
I'm not getting into an environmental argument with you Dowly. Maybe Rockstar will be your Huckleberry on that. He cares a lot more about the subject than I do. Suffice to say that the people who actually live here and are most affected by this unprecedented land grab by the previous administration tend to disagree with your assessment from afar as much as that of the director from some washington DC based environmental nut advocacy group.

My point was (that is if you really care to know and this isn't just another Trump bashing foray) that anyone shaking up a Federal Agency, for good or bad, is by definition not a part of The Swamp. The Deep State is all about increasing their power over the people they supposedly exist to serve (which is why they supported Obamas land grab), not about making waves.

Old 04-02-18, 12:57 AM   #4482
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
I'm not getting into an environmental argument with you Dowly.
You're the one who started arguing over it. Now that I showed you wrong, you back down, like you've done so many other times.

Btw, I'm still waiting you to tell me what Comey and McCabe lied about under oath. I'm sure you can answer that since you made that claim, right?

What about the difference between "Allegation" and "Evidence", kinda waiting to hear about that too.

Quote:
My point was (that is if you really care to know and this isn't just another Trump bashing foray) that anyone shaking up a Federal Agency, for good or bad, is by definition not a part of The Swamp.
Obama administration shook things up too, so Obama is not part of the swamp either then, right? Or does not being part of the swamp only apply to republican presidents?

EDIT: Oh right, forgot to bash Trump.

The idiot made a tweet about people coming over the south border to take advantage of the DACA act. (Tweet) Perhaps someone should inform the President who speaks about the DACA oh so much, that that's not how the act works.

Quote:
To be eligible, recipients must have entered the United States before their 16th birthday and prior to June 2007[..]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferr...ls#Eligibility

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 04-02-18 at 05:32 AM.
Old 04-02-18, 10:44 AM   #4483
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Another drawback to the government's continual collection of land, this takes acres out of the tax base. Which increases the tax burden on the rest of us.
Old 04-02-18, 11:14 AM   #4484
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:

The idiot made a tweet about people coming over the south border to take advantage of the DACA act. (Tweet) Perhaps someone should inform the President who speaks about the DACA oh so much, that that's not how the act works.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferr...ls#Eligibility
You should read more about DACA because there's more to eligibilty than wikipedia leads you to believe. Otherwise you paint yourself the same color you accuse the kettle of being.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 04-02-18, 12:14 PM   #4485
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
You should read more about DACA because there's more to eligibilty than wikipedia leads you to believe. Otherwise you paint yourself the same color you accuse the kettle of being.
No one coming to the US now is eligible for DACA, therefore Trump is wrong in saying people are coming there to take advantage of DACA.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter