Old 03-12-18, 02:19 PM   #4396
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Hmm good article.

@August Trump has meanwhile fired each and every person of his advisor's staff. I do not think he's up for the challenge, but i hope i'm wrong.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 03-12-18, 03:21 PM   #4397
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Hmm good article.

@August Trump has meanwhile fired each and every person of his advisor's staff. I do not think he's up for the challenge, but i hope i'm wrong.
Well like the article says:

Quote:
Naturally, there is another dimension to both cases — we are witnessing Trumpian negotiations play out in real time. After first insisting there would be no tariff exemptions, he quickly exempted Canada and Mexico, pending the outcome of new NAFTA talks. If he gets terms he wants, the exemptions would be permanent.

As for North Korea, Trump has played tough since he took office, so we ought to consider the possibility that Kim wants to talk because Trump has boxed him in.

The president, through the United Nations Security Council, imposed more sanctions than existed before while overtly threatening a military strike. And he is closing the escape hatch by putting intense pressure on China to bring Kim to heel. Indeed, China’s votes made the UN sanctions possible, and it may comply on North Korea in hopes Trump will exempt some Chinese products from tariffs.

Trump, then, is engaging in global brinkmanship on two fronts. He may fail, but his aggressive moves represent clean breaks from the stale, failed orthodoxy of both Democratic and Republican presidents.

That’s what America desperately needed — and it’s what many of the current critics said they wanted. Of course, they said that before Trump ended up in the Oval Office and began doing things his way.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 03-12-18, 04:38 PM   #4398
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Remember the old joke, "The Jews did it"?

By Avi Selk THE WASHINGTON POST MARCH 12, 2018
Quote:
Jewish groups and U.S. lawmakers condemned Russian President Vladimir Putin’s suggestion that the 2016 U.S. presidential election may have been manipulated by Russian Jews.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 03-13-18, 08:27 AM   #4399
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Tillerson is gone...another one bites the dust....
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.644a6d9553cd
Old 03-13-18, 08:56 AM   #4400
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
Tillerson is gone...another one bites the dust....
Won't be anytime soon ... from the same article

Quote:
Trump has selected Pompeo to replace him at the State Department, and Gina Haspel — the deputy director at the CIA — to succeed him at the CIA. She would become the first woman to run the spy agency.

Both would need to be confirmed by the Senate at a time when the closely divided chamber has stalled on confirming dozens of Trump nominees.
or achievement

Old 03-13-18, 11:56 AM   #4401
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

What with the current state of affairs in the US and UK, Russia and China must be feeling well entertained

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 03-13-18, 01:36 PM   #4402
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
What with the current state of affairs in the US and UK, Russia and China must be feeling well entertained
Both countries will now have Presidents for life: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.054dca868b8d

Historic vote in China will let president rule for life
or achievement

Old 03-13-18, 02:17 PM   #4403
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Both countries will now have Presidents for life: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.054dca868b8d

Historic vote in China will let president rule for life
You'd think China of all countries would have learned from the past.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 03-13-18, 02:23 PM   #4404
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

And so it ends. (or at least I hope so)

Rep. Mike Conaway, R-Texas, said the exhaustive probe ultimately found no definitive proof that the Trump campaign actively cooperated with any Russians to influence the vote.
“We found perhaps some bad judgment, inappropriate meetings, inappropriate judgment at taking meetings. But only Tom Clancy … or someone else like that could take this series of inadvertent contacts with each other, meetings, whatever, and weave that into some sort of a fiction page-turner spy thriller,” he told reporters Monday.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...lusion-n855986

You know more than just Trump minions are tired of it when people on 'The 'View' applaud Condoleezza Rice for telling Schiff to stop playing games.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-13-18 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-13-18, 03:09 PM   #4405
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

We've got such a perfect opportunity to get the hell out of Korea, and promise to never come back if Kim stops seeking nukes. Who cares what Kim actually does. I get to the table and I offer that first thing. If he accepts, done deal. Even if Korea becomes one it will eventually become more like current day Vietnam so who cares?
Old 03-13-18, 03:52 PM   #4406
Catfish

Tillerson learned about him being fired while he was abroad on a mission, on Trump's twitter account. Trump sure has a hand for dramatic gestures while shying away from direct confrontation towards his advisors, and he also sets a new level of lowness in those aspects.

Let us just hope that Kim does not push the button during Trump's visit. Something Trump did during his visit if anyone remembers the strike https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...missiles-flew/

Last edited by Catfish; 03-13-18 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-13-18, 09:46 PM   #4407
Torvald Von Mansee
Sea Lord

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post

Rep. Mike Conaway, R-Texas, said the exhaustive probe ultimately found no definitive proof that the Trump campaign actively cooperated with any Russians to influence the vote.
“We found perhaps some bad judgment, inappropriate meetings, inappropriate judgment at taking meetings. But only Tom Clancy … or someone else like that could take this series of inadvertent contacts with each other, meetings, whatever, and weave that into some sort of a fiction page-turner spy thriller,” he told reporters Monday.

You know more than just Trump minions are tired of it when people on 'The 'View' applaud Condoleezza Rice for telling Schiff to stop playing games.
You are delusional. I won't explain why, as I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO.
Old 03-14-18, 12:57 AM   #4408
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post

The HIC democrats seem to have a few problems with that "exhaustive" part.

Quote:
The Majority was not willing to pursue the facts wherever they would lead, would prove afraid to compel witnesses like Steve Bannon, Hope Hicks, Jeff Sessions, Donald Trump Jr., Corey Lewandowski and so many others to answer questions relevant to our investigation. It proved unwilling to subpoena documents like phone records, text messages, bank records and other key records so that we might determine the truth about the most significant attack on our democratic institutions in history. Instead, it began a series of counter-investigations, designed to attack the credibility of the FBI, the Departments of Justice and State, and investigate anyone and anything other than what they were charged to do — investigate Russia’s interference in our election and the role the Trump campaign played.
[..]
In the coming weeks and months, new information will continue to be exposed through enterprising journalism, indictments by the Special Counsel, or continued investigative work by Committee Democrats and our counterparts in the Senate. And each time this new information becomes public, Republicans will be held accountable for abandoning a critical investigation of such vital national importance.
https://democrats-intelligence.house...DocumentID=361
Old 03-14-18, 06:18 AM   #4409
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

"enterprising journalism" LMAO Maybe instead of calling if "fake" news we should be calling it "mercenary" news?
Old 03-14-18, 06:45 AM   #4410
Catfish

You really cannot make up what happens in the White House, and how it is being presented in the alternative facts branch. Very entertaining

edit: and the next goes.. personal aide John McEntee
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/13/u...tee-trump.html

Last edited by Catfish; 03-14-18 at 08:14 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter