Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-20-19, 07:57 AM   #1
Tolkemec
Torpedoman

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0
Default Trouble with FPS

Hello, I've been playing with Wolves of Steel for some time now. I got no problems whatsoever but stopped playing for a while.

Today I retried it again, but I had no voices and a terrible FPS. Maybe it's my NVIDIA driver? (425.31)? I have made a clean install, but the problem doesn't seem to go away, even with a clean install, the voices disapear and I have 10 FPS on vanilla...

Could someone help me?

Thanks!
Tolkemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-19, 08:13 AM   #2
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi T
I have not had the problem with no sound at all but I have had a sound problem where the telegraph speed is changed and the order is not spoken to confirm the change.
Using the Esc key when on the bridge and reloading the game clears the problem.

As long as your game loads with your current driver that should not be the problem.
Make sure your gpu is setup correctly.
Changing The Nvidia GPU Settings > Essential Settings > Pictorial

Please post your mod list
JSGME How To Export Your Mod List To A Subsim Post > Pictorial

I am inclined to think that you may have one or more programs running in the background.
If you know what fps you previously had have there been any other changes since?
I also recommend you do this.
How To Run The SH5.exe As Administrator > Pictorial
PEter

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-19, 08:58 AM   #3
Tolkemec
Torpedoman

Thanks for your reply. No, I don't have any programs running on the background, only Uplay

The crew voices and other sound effects are missing, like running deaf, my FPS go from 150 in the main screen to 2-3 at the bunker scene, so It's unplayable now. I used to play it all right (didn't have to check the FPS because it ran allright). I have forced the use of my NVIDIA card, but maybe the game is still using the integrated one?

I don't have the optioin you to adjust the display ratio

Here are my mods: fresh install of Wolves of Steel 2.2.11

TWoS Encrypted BdU orders
TWoS Real Navigation
TWoS Remove Sub Flags

EDIT: I tried a lower screen resolution and LOW graphic settings, to no avail. Once the game begins (bunker scene or on the sub), the FPS sink down to 3-8 making the game unplayable. Also, crew and special sound effects are gone. I am at a loss. I have a Gtx 1070, if that's of any help.

Last edited by Tolkemec; 04-20-19 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-20-19, 10:09 AM   #4
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

OP, do you ALT-TAB out of the game? Then you may have any sort of glitches , also sound problems. In this case, save/reload the campaign.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-19, 10:12 AM   #5
Tolkemec
Torpedoman

Hi, thanks.
No, no ALT-TAB, I am a long time SH5 player! The problem is that in this very PC (alienware r4, gtx 1070), sh5+TWoS (a previous version) worked OK! But suddenly, this problem comes out of nowhere...
Really, I have waisted more time putting SH5 in a playable state than actually playing it. So this problem is VERY new to me, I am pretty desperate.
Old 04-20-19, 10:23 AM   #6
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolkemec View Post
Hi, thanks.
No, no ALT-TAB, I am a long time SH5 player! The problem is that in this very PC (alienware r4, gtx 1070), sh5+TWoS (a previous version) worked OK! But suddenly, this problem comes out of nowhere...
Really, I have waisted more time putting SH5 in a playable state than actually playing it. So this problem is VERY new to me, I am pretty desperate.

What I would do is going in the game options again and saving them, especially this would be necessary if you made any changes to your hardware like GPU or sound device. Also check your plugins for the sound, sometimes really stupid things can cause trouble
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote