SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-08-08, 10:33 AM   #1
VonDos
Admiral

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 49

[tec]Ships ID and pc crash: a solution?

Hi everyone; i've a question:
if two ships has the same ID (wrong cloned units, unlucky egual id from different mods units, ecc) i've heard that this can cause CTD.. is this thrue?

So, if the answer is YES, there is any program to know ships IDs in my sea folder?
I shuold use Pack3d and see ID one for one, or there is a mod for do this automatically?

If there isn't a mod or program, an idea can be the creation of a page with all ships ID from this community... or not?

I think this can be usefull for solve some crash problems (maybe) and for units creators for know avaible or used IDs... :hmm: :hmm:

Any idea?
Sorry for my bad english, VD

Those, others and WIP ships are avaiable in my SHIPYARD here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136508
VonDos is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-16, 04:24 PM   #2
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 3

Have to get this old thread up again... as I examined my latest alpha version from WAC5.0 I found thounds of duplicated IDs.
Then I examined the cloning of pack3D and found that some of the IDs are not cloned/renewed!
Old 11-19-16, 06:29 PM   #3
itadriver
Commander

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 0

IDDuplicateFinder
itadriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-16, 07:33 PM   #4
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 3

Yes... that is the solution... but what about the thousands of IDs that are duplicated? I mean... every unit that is not stock SH3 has duplicated IDs because most modder used pack3d to clone the units. And pack3D does not clone everything! Only almost every ID in the .dat files. And here also some for shadows, dynamic shadow cast, caustics and water reflections were not cloned - the ID remained the same. Not to speak from the .dsd, .sim, .val, .zon files!!!
Here every ID (except the parent ID) is like in the origin file.

This is really a mess and a big problem!
Old 11-19-16, 07:48 PM   #5
radiator
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 78

Once I put the game about 700 units collected across the internet. When I ran the museum, in playback mode on some units I had the CTD. I spent a month to change all the IDs, but the museum doesn't start at all. I have a very powerful hardware, but even it couldn't open a museum. Results: if you don't change the ID of the same unit - get a CTD in a museum. If the change all at once - the museum does not run. Conclusion - need to know what specific identifiers must be changed...
radiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-16, 08:16 PM   #6
radiator
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 78

This topic is very interesting. So many megamods was done, but neither includes absolutely all units for this game. In one of the mods don't have enough units, in the other there is no more any. We still don't have a common base unit and library files, in which there are absolutely all units created for this game. The most complete collection is CCOM 11.1, but even this is not a complete collection. For me personally, it is very strange that this is the place to be. For almost 12 years various talented people make this game better, but still have not created a Single Base Unit. Meaning is to be able not only to download them separately, but also to the interaction with each other, they do not cause CTD. Yes, of course, with this there are some difficulties associated with the fact that many ships were made of their own kind, and have similar IDs, but that this problem is solved. Maybe it is time to create a Single Unit Base, do you think?

P.S. Sorry for my english, I am using Google translator.
radiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-16, 11:48 PM   #7
itadriver
Commander

Downloads: 223

@hansolo: I have replaced many ID also in WAC4.1, but only in .dat files. I have had no problem of ctd.
itadriver is offline   Reply With Quote