SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-17-10, 06:21 AM   #286
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Hellop,
i'm still reading and trying, 'twas the first time i realized the AOB would not change after having once entered it - as long as you did not mess it up with certain actions lol
The manual is very thorough, but i'm not yet finished
Thanks and greetings,
Catfish
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-10, 10:14 AM   #287
looney
Commodore

Downloads: 43

I think I'm goin to need to edit the file as to get a better view of the stadimeter and aobwheel buttons.
looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-10, 10:29 AM   #288
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by looney View Post
I think I'm goin to need to edit the file as to get a better view of the stadimeter and aobwheel buttons.
Go ahead, just increase the contrast in "\Data\Menu\Karamazov\PeriButtons.tga" file in Photoshop of Gimp. The background should be a perfect black. Make sure not to mess up the alpha channel. I've kept them a bit darker because I didn't want them to look too modern or intrusive.

As a note, my monitor is a LCD that can't display pure black so it's possible that the entire interface might be too dark for some.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-10, 01:54 PM   #289
looney
Commodore

Downloads: 43

am gonna try that next weekend
looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 12:59 PM   #290
karamazovnew
The Old Man

I just added images to the scaling/pivots post, a picture is worth 1000 words

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...28&postcount=7
Old 02-01-10, 02:34 PM   #291
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Hummm theoretically this all could work equally with the american TDC, right?

It has always bothered me that both the slide out TDC and the multi-purpose tool (Range/AOB/Speed) seem to get smaller the higher the screen resolution
Old 02-01-10, 02:48 PM   #292
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Hummm theoretically this all could work equally with the american TDC, right?

It has always bothered me that both the slide out TDC and the multi-purpose tool (Range/AOB/Speed) seem to get smaller the higher the screen resolution
Exactly. Change all items from 0 1 to 1 1 and it should work immediately without any other fuss.
Old 02-01-10, 03:13 PM   #293
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

I gave it a quick look, and surprisingly all items seem to be the german ones, despite using FRB Does the multipurpose tool use the same menu entries as the notepad for the german side did (Seems like that but...)?

And where is the slide out TDC?
Old 02-01-10, 03:21 PM   #294
karamazovnew
The Old Man

None of the items you're looking for are in the G26 Page... for the US side that only gives you clicking masks, the background and the periscope marks. That's the reason why anyone can use KiuB in TMO or RFB for example, simply by copy-pasting the new dials and the G26 Page, as it doesn't change the US interface at all. There are 3 other pages that control the 3 slideable sections of the US interface, PK, TDC input, Torpedo buttons. I don't remember which they are right now... but they're easy to find.
Old 02-03-10, 07:49 AM   #295
Galanti
Captain

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post
So.. did it help? Have I managed to turn anyone to manual targeting?
It's a phenomenal piece of work, but...I am mainly loving the eyecandy of having the TDC dials visible from the scope, and being able to work the knobs right from that screen.

The AOBwheel...not so much...is there anyway I could mod the stadimeter to send range to the TDC like in olden times?
Galanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 10:31 AM   #296
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galanti View Post
It's a phenomenal piece of work, but...I am mainly loving the eyecandy of having the TDC dials visible from the scope, and being able to work the knobs right from that screen.

The AOBwheel...not so much...is there anyway I could mod the stadimeter to send range to the TDC like in olden times?
You can use the old Stadimeter and notepad in the Observation scope. I haven't touched that part. Just remember that using the stadimeter that way will reset your speed to zero and will probably mess up your AOB too
Old 02-03-10, 10:47 AM   #297
Galanti
Captain

Quote:
You can use the old Stadimeter and notepad in the Observation scope. I haven't touched that part. Just remember that using the stadimeter that way will reset your speed to zero and will probably mess up your AOB too
Yeah, I know....I'm going to have resort to a combination of Obs scope, Attack scope and manual inouts to get my hits in while I figure out the AOB wheel.

Is is possible to set the whole TDC to manual, input range, AOB and speed while locked onto the target? In other words, can we use your wonderful mod without the AOB wheel?
Old 02-03-10, 11:40 AM   #298
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Quote:
Yeah, I know....I'm going to have resort to a combination of Obs scope, Attack scope and manual inouts to get my hits in while I figure out the AOB wheel.

Is is possible to set the whole TDC to manual, input range, AOB and speed while locked onto the target? In other words, can we use your wonderful mod without the AOB wheel?
I really don't understand why you're so against the AOB wheel. It's a wonderful tool. Yes you can set the TDC while being locked on a target but if that target is fast, you'll end up with AOB error. If the target "travels" 20 degrees while you're setting your TDC, the AOB will be 20 degrees wrong. I suggest you persist with the AOBF, it's VERY simple once you get the hang of it. Try making some custom missions and place static ships at known distances and angles. That's how I tested the AOBF in the first place

BTW. my 1000'th post, it's only fair to write it here on this thread
Old 02-03-10, 12:43 PM   #299
Galanti
Captain

Quote:
I really don't understand why you're so against the AOB wheel. It's a wonderful tool. Yes you can set the TDC while being locked on a target but if that target is fast, you'll end up with AOB error. If the target "travels" 20 degrees while you're setting your TDC, the AOB will be 20 degrees wrong. I suggest you persist with the AOBF, it's VERY simple once you get the hang of it. Try making some custom missions and place static ships at known distances and angles. That's how I tested the AOBF in the first place

BTW. my 1000'th post, it's only fair to write it here on this thread
Congrats!

I'm not against it, rather I'm terrible with lengthy procedures. I will keep at it.....
Old 02-03-10, 01:13 PM   #300
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Quote:
Congrats!

I'm not against it, rather I'm terrible with lengthy procedures. I will keep at it.....
Practice makes perfect. It only takes me 20 seconds or so to get an AOB reading. It takes less than 10 seconds to calculate the range. Never try for perfect readings. One golden rule is that errors usually compensate eachother. That manual might be hard to follow I wish I had the time to make a movie, but my voice sucks

"Heye we zee thye enyemy wessel"