SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-03-10, 10:02 PM   #5341
toker071
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0
Default Where to download

hey all. Can't wait ta play this. When i try to download from filefront, I hit download now, then it goes to a blank page but doesnt download. Help
toker071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 07:34 AM   #5342
mido
Engineer

Downloads: 191
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
Click on my FF link (above my sig)
Thanks!

It didn't work yesterday but now it does. Can't wait to finish dowloading and go on patrol.
I just notice that there are more files on the second download site. Which is the the correct download site?

Last edited by mido; 05-04-10 at 08:52 AM. Reason: add content
mido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 08:59 AM   #5343
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido View Post
Thanks!

It didn't work yesterday but now it does. Can't wait to finish dowloading and go on patrol.
I just notice that there are more files on the second download site. Which is the the correct download site?
Not sure where you're looking, but do know that there are several .bin files and one .exe file for GWX3. You need all of them, and they all need to be downloaded and saved to your computer in the same location (same folder, or all to your desktop, or whatever).

All of the necessary files should be available from Jim's Filefront page as well as the Grey Wolves website.

The .exe file is what you will doubleclick to start/run the install but it needs all the .bin files to do that properly.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 09:31 AM   #5344
mido
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
Not sure where you're looking, but do know that there are several .bin files and one .exe file for GWX3. You need all of them, and they all need to be downloaded and saved to your computer in the same location (same folder, or all to your desktop, or whatever).

All of the necessary files should be available from Jim's Filefront page as well as the Grey Wolves website.

The .exe file is what you will doubleclick to start/run the install but it needs all the .bin files to do that properly.
Thanks for your reply!
I am looking at the two links on the download page of the GWX Homepage. The first link opens Kpt. "Lehmann's FileFront page" and I started to download the files one by one, when I get to the third file there is no file or nothing happens.... This seems to be old or at least the site doesn't work properly.
So I decided to try the other or "Jimbuna's FileFront page" but noticed that there are plenty of files to download. The question is: Do I need all these files? And if not, which ones do I need?

Or again, which is the correct URL for the correct download site?

Thanks
Old 05-04-10, 09:42 AM   #5345
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
So I decided to try the other or "Jimbuna's FileFront page" but noticed that there are plenty of files to download. The question is: Do I need all these files? And if not, which ones do I need?

Or again, which is the correct URL for the correct download site?

Thanks
Ah, yes, looking at Jim's wide assortment of available files I can see where it would indeed be confusing if you don't already know exactly what to pick out from among the offerings.

For the GWX3 supermod installation, you'll need all of the following:

GWX3-1.bin
GWX3-2.bin
GWX3-3.bin
GWX3-4.bin
GWX3-5.bin
GWX3-6.bin
GWX3-7.bin
GWX3.exe

That should be it. Don't think it matters whether you get them from one d/l site or the other, as long as you have all of 'em. As noted above they need to be saved to the same location on your hard drive so the .exe file can access all the .bin files as needed during the installation.
Old 05-04-10, 10:01 AM   #5346
mido
Engineer

Thank you so much "Frau Kaleun"!

I have another question for you:
There are other links like for example GWX3.0 scene.dat.7z, GWX3.0_Additional_Ammo.7z, GWX3.0_All_Weather_Guns.7z and many others starting with the letters GWX3.0_something.7z and just other files.
Are these included in the seven .bin files or are these optional add-ons and which ones are needed and which ones are not?

Thanks again for your patience "Frau Kaleun"
Old 05-04-10, 10:16 AM   #5347
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Thank you so much "Frau Kaleun"!

I have another question for you:
There are other links like for example GWX3.0 scene.dat.7z, GWX3.0_Additional_Ammo.7z, GWX3.0_All_Weather_Guns.7z and many others starting with the letters GWX3.0_something.7z and just other files.
Are these included in the seven .bin files or are these optional add-ons and which ones are needed and which ones are not?

Thanks again for your patience "Frau Kaleun"
Hey, no problem!

Most of them are optional mods that you can get and try out later if you decide to do that. I would suggest searching or asking for information on them here if and when you're interested.

Some may be files that are included in the initial install, put there in case someone has a problem crop up with one particular file for one reason or another and just wants to try replacing it without reinstalling everything.

But as long as you have the eight files listed above, you should be good to go as far as installing GWX3. Do that and play with it a while and you'll have a better idea of what things you might want to add or enhance with the other mods that are available from various sources.
Old 05-04-10, 10:18 AM   #5348
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45

They're additional user mods.

Download GWX 3.0 first, check out the included mods and then, if you want additional changes, look for other mods.

For a base GWX 3.0 install, it's just the 7 bins & 1 exe.
Old 05-04-10, 10:31 AM   #5349
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The problem FF account holders with multiple files stored have is the inability to lump them together into separate folders/sections, as was done in the past.

This ability was lost a year or two back when the ownership of FF changed hands.

If I'm wrong then could someone please inform me how it is done because I've looked and can't see any means available to the primary account holder.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 04:46 PM   #5350
MILLANDSON
Helmsman

Downloads: 37

I was just wondering... is there any way to tone down how good the Destroyers are in GWX3.0 Gold? Just that, when I'm at full stop, silent running, submerged and no periscope up, destroyers are still detecting me from over 3km away, which is way over the top.

So yea, anything that could help make it a little less lethal would be appreciated!
MILLANDSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-10, 06:05 AM   #5351
ryanwigginton
Weps

Downloads: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILLANDSON View Post
...when I'm at full stop, silent running, submerged and no periscope up, destroyers are still detecting me from over 3km away...
An exaggeration, maybe?
Old 05-05-10, 07:39 AM   #5352
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILLANDSON View Post
I was just wondering... is there any way to tone down how good the Destroyers are in GWX3.0 Gold? Just that, when I'm at full stop, silent running, submerged and no periscope up, destroyers are still detecting me from over 3km away, which is way over the top.

So yea, anything that could help make it a little less lethal would be appreciated!
That's not my experience.

Mind you....at slow to medium speed they'll detect you even through a land mass.

Stooooopid game engine I'm afraid.

Old 05-05-10, 07:40 AM   #5353
mido
Engineer

Thank you very much to all of you!
This is a great community.
Old 05-05-10, 07:46 AM   #5354
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
No problem, happy hunting!
Old 05-05-10, 08:21 AM   #5355
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Simply pop a checque in the post